Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App that syncs Fitbit and Samsung S Health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit and Healthy

I have created an app that imports and exports Fitbit step counts, body weight, body fat%, height (and BMI), calories burnt, distance, stairs climbed, heart rate, and sleep start/end times into Samsung S Health.  The app is called "Fit and Healthy" and is available from the Google Play store for Android.  The app accepts a date range to sync.

Importing and exporting of body fat%, height/BMI, calories burnt, distance, heart rate and sleep start/end times require the purchase of an upgrade pack to the base app.  Steps can be imported and exported for free as can body weight import.

The app adds a "tile" to the S Health screen where the latest Fitbit step count can be seen.  Clicking the tile leads to a history graph split into daily, monthly and total history views.  By using the "Source data" menu, the app graphs the Fitbit tracker, your other devices or a combination. Both step counts and weight trends can be viewed in the history graph.

The app can be set to automatically sync every 15 minutes, hourly, 6 hourly, half-day, daily or weekly. The background synchronisation schedule can be set so that the app downloads at a certain time of day (for example, during the waking hours, while exercising or in the off-peak hours).

On first use, the app will ask for permission to read and write from S Health and Fitbit.  Your Fitbit password will be entered into the fitbit.com site on your phone's browser - the app cannot see your Fitbit user id or password.

Next up, I plan to add the importing exercises and food intake.  Other devices are a little further down the track.

This app has been approved by Samsung as a partner app for S Health.  It can be found in S Health, under Partner apps in the fitness category.

I wrote the app as I noticed that there wasn't a way to have the data from my Fitbit Aria weight scale show up in S Health on my Samsung Galaxy phone.  On search, it looked like people have been asking for a feature like this for 2 years (since 2014).

I am looking for feedback on what to improve, features to add and especially bug reports.  The app contains a menu where I can be emailed privately and a discussion group set up to publically talk/complain about the app.

The app can be downloaded and installed from this link in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

If you have the google play store installed on your phone, the Fit and Healthy app can be opened from this link:

market://details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

I am available and will respond to any queries in this thread or the discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fitandhealthy

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

I had to reset my phone at the weekend. Now everything is back - installed and up and running - except the third party connection between Fitbit and S-Health. When I try to activate/enable the connection (see pic 1) I get redirected and then I see an error (see pic 2).

Pic1Pic1

Pic2Pic2

Any idea what went wrong here?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

@Bepo wrote:

I had to reset my phone at the weekend. Now everything is back - installed and up and running - except the third party connection between Fitbit and S-Health. When I try to activate/enable the connection (see pic 1) I get redirected and then I see an error (see pic 2).

Pic1Pic1

Pic2Pic2

Thank you in advance.

Same problem for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I does the same to me. It is fake that syncs and Works...don´t waste your
time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I connected S Health to Fitbit!!!

In the Fitbit Web, I first disconnected S Health, then I reconnected  S Health and Fitbit from my phone. No more error, let's try and tell me if it's the same for you.

p.s.

Eventually sorry for my english 😀

Best Answer

Worked like a charme. Thank you. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I am having an issue with the app syncing properly from S Health to Fitbit.  I set everything up and got it transferring data between apps, but it is not relaying the correct information.  I have tried multiple configurations for transferring the data, but it continues to relay the information with large variances in step count.  My lowest day of the week at 6,855 steps in S Health is recording in Fitbit as 9,732.  My highest day of the week at 14,387 is recording in Fitbit as 8,377.  Has/Is anyone else experienced these issues?  Did anyone find a resolution?  I'm finding this to be very frustrating as the Fitbit app is enrolled for a health program at my work and S Health is not yet supported.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't I see my steps in the fitbit app from S health app. It says I don't have to connect a fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if it's best to message here or the group (or e-mail) but thought I'd try here, incase others are having the same issue. 

I had to reflash my phone. I have everything set up correctly (as I did before) but for some reason I'm missing Oct 12-16 and Oct 21 (yesterday) of steps from Fitbit to S-Health. I have lost over 50,000 steps in my monthly/the monthly S-Health app. I have tried syncing them each day and as a whole (minus Oct 21, as I had to do that separate). 

All the numbers/steps ARE showing up within the F+H app/history section/tile within S-Health but they are missing from the actual 'daily' step count area. It was all there before yesterday (10/21) and I should've only had to import the one day.. but those few days vanished. 😕 

please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will the info stay forever in the s health app after synchronisation or will it be erased if you delete the fit and healthy app?

If you buy the fit bit export pack, do you've got permission for everything and is it a one time buy?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I have the spp installed, but can not find it anywhere. Can someone please help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So when you say SYNC that implies two-way.  Does your app just send fitbit data to S Health or does it also send S Health date to Fitbit app...? That would be a TRUE SYNC

Best Answer

@Patience191 wrote:

With this app, can I transfer steps "to" my Fitbit app?  90% of my friends have Fitbit, and I don't want to wear the GF2 and the Fitbit at the same time although I would still like to challenge my Fitbit friends. 

To challenge your friends in Fitbit, you have to use a Fitbit tracker.  This app cannot work around that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@thed6 wrote:

I am uding the weight watchers app and thought this would help with my activity tracking.. Honestly, I couldnt get past the first part with the dates.. it just didnt make sense to me? I couldnt go past today.. Maybe I was missing something

With Weight Watchers, try setting the "Export step count granularity" to "Every minute" to give Weight Watchers an accurate view of the active minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fitidan wrote:

I am trying to do the process on a S8 running Nougat 7. No matter what I tried I get a the following error when trying to sync the data from Fitbit into S Health:

net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

It states that the page cannot be loaded exactly after I enter in the Fitbit page, type my user and password and bang...it dies. Am I doing something wrong? Can you pls help? 

Thanks in advance and regards from Argentina. Dan

Try updating or using a different default phone browser.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@guybball wrote:

Does this app work for you? I am trying to do the same thing.  I have been using fitbit for a few years and I just purchased the Gear S3. So I want to sync my steps with my fitbit as most of my friends are on fitbit.

Steps added by third party apps will not appear in Fitbit leaderboards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeeLee821 wrote:

I downloaded this a few minutes ago and when trying to get it to run it tells me the "icon image size is too big".  How do I fix this?  I was so excited to find this fix to the issue.

Thank you

The latest version of the app fixes this warning message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marlayn3 wrote:

Hi,

I installed the app yesterday and I wanted to challenge a Samsung Health Friend.

The challenge doesn't seem to be fair, because he counts the steps on my fitbit and the steps on my phone. The strange thing is that at the 'me' part he only shows the steps from the fitbit (i have chosen the steps from Fit and Healthy). I think it is not possible to choose which data you want to use for the challenge. Is this correct?

I believe you are correct.  You can "Pause counting steps" on your phone so that only Fitbit steps get counted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NineToTheSky wrote:

Thank you so much for this app. It works brilliantly. Just one question: after exporting my data from S Health to Fitbit, my active minutes don't appear in Fitbit. Should they? 

You'll need a Fitbit tracker connected to your account to see it in the Fitbit app.

If you are referring to the leaderboard, then the data will not appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bepo wrote:

Pic1Pic1

Pic2Pic2

Thank you in advance.

Looks like Samsung had a temporary issue with their servers at the time.  Should be working now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baseballer8699 wrote:

My lowest day of the week at 6,855 steps in S Health is recording in Fitbit as 9,732.  My highest day of the week at 14,387 is recording in Fitbit as 8,377.  Has/Is anyone else experienced these issues? 

What was probably happening here was that you were exporting two devices to Fitbit at the same time and their data was clobbering each other.  This issue is now fixed in the latest version of Fit and Healthy.

Best Answer
0 Votes