Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App that syncs Fitbit and Samsung S Health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit and Healthy

I have created an app that imports and exports Fitbit step counts, body weight, body fat%, height (and BMI), calories burnt, distance, stairs climbed, heart rate, and sleep start/end times into Samsung S Health.  The app is called "Fit and Healthy" and is available from the Google Play store for Android.  The app accepts a date range to sync.

Importing and exporting of body fat%, height/BMI, calories burnt, distance, heart rate and sleep start/end times require the purchase of an upgrade pack to the base app.  Steps can be imported and exported for free as can body weight import.

The app adds a "tile" to the S Health screen where the latest Fitbit step count can be seen.  Clicking the tile leads to a history graph split into daily, monthly and total history views.  By using the "Source data" menu, the app graphs the Fitbit tracker, your other devices or a combination. Both step counts and weight trends can be viewed in the history graph.

The app can be set to automatically sync every 15 minutes, hourly, 6 hourly, half-day, daily or weekly. The background synchronisation schedule can be set so that the app downloads at a certain time of day (for example, during the waking hours, while exercising or in the off-peak hours).

On first use, the app will ask for permission to read and write from S Health and Fitbit.  Your Fitbit password will be entered into the fitbit.com site on your phone's browser - the app cannot see your Fitbit user id or password.

Next up, I plan to add the importing exercises and food intake.  Other devices are a little further down the track.

This app has been approved by Samsung as a partner app for S Health.  It can be found in S Health, under Partner apps in the fitness category.

I wrote the app as I noticed that there wasn't a way to have the data from my Fitbit Aria weight scale show up in S Health on my Samsung Galaxy phone.  On search, it looked like people have been asking for a feature like this for 2 years (since 2014).

I am looking for feedback on what to improve, features to add and especially bug reports.  The app contains a menu where I can be emailed privately and a discussion group set up to publically talk/complain about the app.

The app can be downloaded and installed from this link in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

If you have the google play store installed on your phone, the Fit and Healthy app can be opened from this link:

market://details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

I am available and will respond to any queries in this thread or the discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fitandhealthy

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

@BeautifulQ wrote:

Why can't I see my steps in the fitbit app from S health app. It says I don't have to connect a fitbit?

For set up issues like this, it is best off asking for support via the app's "Email feedback" option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angel9979 wrote:

Will the info stay forever in the s health app after synchronisation or will it be erased if you delete the fit and healthy app?

If you buy the fit bit export pack, do you've got permission for everything and is it a one time buy?

Thank you!

The data is stored in Samsung Health and Fitbit.  Fit and Healthy does not store any passwords, personal and private information, statistics, fitness or health data.

The packs are a one time buy and the permissions can be seen via the app before you make a purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@55Bar59 wrote:

Hey, I have the spp installed, but can not find it anywhere. Can someone please help me?

It's just a normal Android app and can be found in the app menu (app drawer).  It's name in the drawer is "Fit and Healthy"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jackmouve wrote:

So when you say SYNC that implies two-way.  Does your app just send fitbit data to S Health or does it also send S Health date to Fitbit app...? That would be a TRUE SYNC

The app syncs two-way data by sending Fitbit data to Samsung Health and sends Samsung Health data to Fitbit.  It is true sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest version of Fit and Healthy version 1.7.4 has these changes:

Added importing of stairs climbed from Fitbit into Samsung Health.  Stairs climbed appears as a tile in Samsung Health.
Added the option of importing steps as exercises (walking or running) which has no date limit.  Data can be synced going back further than 30 days.
Made Auto-sync more aggressive and hopefully more reliable.  It's still conservative with battery life.
Remedy daylight savings issues by showing the timezone that the phone is set to.
Made the sleep data sync more efficient and allowed more than 30 days of sleep data to be synced by taking advantage of new Fitbit features.
Simplified the user interface, while retaining the old features via an "Advanced mode" for syncing a date range.
Added options that are getting sync'd to the main screen.
Added a menu option to open the Fitbit activities log if export options have been enabled.
Fixed the "Icon image size too big" warning.
Made the permissions screen a bit easier to use by showing only permissions that have not been set yet.
Added descriptions to the Data Sync settings and making that clearer and easier to understand.
Added the option of exporting steps as running activities instead of walking activities.
Fixed the history graph occasionally showing blank data.

Best Answer

Any progress on having go both ways? I downloaded the app but my S health stuff doesn't show up in the fit bit app. I purchased the 5.99 upgrade and still no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it also work with an old fitbit? How does the information transfer? With a cable??

Best Answer
0 Votes

With what app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

With samsung health 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you soo much for creating this App, it's brilliant to be able to transfer the data across so I can now use my Samsung Gear Fit2 for fitness with the added functions for my phone.

I do have 2 questions though. I'm synching my steps, however there is a massive difference between the 2 apps, 1414 steps in S Health but showing 984 in the Fitbit app and is there any plans to synch the sleep stages from the S Health to the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please tell me how to sync the data taken from my Samsung Gear Fit 2 and sync it to the fitbit app? If that' even possible at this point. I love the fitbit app but just upgraded to a Samsung because it had better qualities, but I would still like to see the stats and competitions from my 'friends on the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think my data from my Fitbit Alta HR is synced with S health, now since there where many sync options I kinda meddled with most could you guide on a less batter consuming & more standard way on what options should be ticked to sync with S health so that not much is given on with regards to data & syncing of device.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to sync mine either would d love to know how to do it?

Best Answer

Hi!!! What's the app called!?! For some reason I don't see the name of the app in this thread .

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fit and Healthy 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

What about Samsung Health to Fitbit integration? Is there anything like that out there? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

When you mean leader-board, does that mean when i have fitbit friends we can't challenge each other or see each others steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What app will sync a gear3 to fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

At this moment there is no way to connect the two apps. Having said that, maybe you could vote for this suggestion about it.

You can read more about the Feature Suggestions board in the FAQ.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone managed to get this working so Vitality recognizes steps in Fitbit app? If not any other methods would be appreciated 🙂 

ActiveRHR
Best Answer
0 Votes