Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Fitbit to Facebook

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using the Fitbit app on a PC.  When I try to "Invite Friends" and choose to do it through Facebook, I get a red button that says "Connect Facebook".  When I click on that I get an error message that says "Not logged in: You are not logged in.  Please login and try again."

I am logged in.  Does anyone know what the problem could be?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi @MarciaR

Moved this thread from the Charge HR to the Fitbit.com Dashboard section since more relevant to the topic & increases the chance of getting a solution.

Wishing a wonderful day

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started getting the same message.It works on my browser,phone but not the Windows 10 app

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Welcome to our Community @MarciaR @JGinck! Thanks for stopping by! Smiley HappyThis is really weird @MarciaR I'd like to know what happens when you try to log in back again and if you can provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're receiving.

@JGinck I'd like to know if you have updated your Windows 10 app to the latest version? Also, @SunsetRunner  thank you so much for moving this thread to the correct board.

Catch you later! Robot Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I have version 2.8.529

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem: when I  go to

Friends -> + Add Friend -> Facebook -> Connect Facebook

in the Windows 10 app, I get this error message:

"Not Logged In: You are not logged in. Please login and try again." (there's a red exclamation mark in a white triangle in a red square error icon in the front of the message and that's it, no point for providing screnshot)

I am logged in both into Facebook and FitBit. There's just this error message, it's unclear what it's talking about. What am I exactly not logged into? It also does not provide an option to log into anything.

Windows 10 app is the latest version, downloaded on the 3rd of June 2016.

Best Answer

Yes, Un4seen, that's the same error message I get.  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still an issue as of 6/17/2016

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue. It cannot connect to facebook in the app (it says I'm not logged in". I have not found any way of doing it on the web either.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I still get this same exact error on my app. I'm using Windows Phone HTC One (8.1)... I've been getting this message since 4/2016... And now it's 7/18/2016. I get it regardless of whether I'm linked to my Flex or my Surge trackers. Definitely seems like an app programming issue, not a tracker issue. Wish they'd fix it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeffC0614@nathanyost15@MarciaR@Un4Seen thanks for stopping by! Please know our engineering team is still working to resolve this issue as fast as they can and we hope they'll find a solution to this pretty soon. You can go to this thread in which you'll find all the updates regarding this matter. 

If you'd like to post your exercise to Facebook, check out this thread with more info about it! Let me know if you have further questions about it! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

@MariamV Thank you. Indeed the problem is still there. When this will be resolved will I need to download the Windows 10 app again, or will it auto-update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Un4Seen thanks for getting back to me. Cat TongueCat Very Happy Have you checked out this thread with the most updated info? Do let me know! 

I appreciate your patience regarding this matter. Catch you later! Cat Embarassed

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV The thread that you mention claims that this problem is solved. For me it still doesn't work. Exactly the same problem as before: when I hit "Connect Facebook", I get this error:

"Not Logged In: You are not logged in. Please login and try again."

Best Answer

@Un4Seen thanks for pointing that out! In this case, I will inform our devs and meanwhile please try from a different browser and also try clearing cookies and cache and then try again. Cat Tongue

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here..but its not the browser...its the windows 10 app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JGinck welcome, welcome! Have you experimented the same issue with your Windows 10 app? Do let me know! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV It's not a browser, it's the Windows 10 app, like I've said it before.

Best Answer

@Un4Seen thanks for getting back to me. I will check back on our engineers and devs for updates. I will be posting back. I appreciate you bringing this up to my attention. Smiley Happy

Best Answer