Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings integration is not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unfortunately, all related topics are locked, so I'm starting a new topic:

FitBit is no longer receiving data from Withings. The Withings app no longer lists FitBit as a linked app, FitBit does now show Withings as connected.

When attempting to run the connection wizard, I get this error message:

• Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Exception receiving access token

I've tried on multiple devices and nothing works -- it looks like the same communication error between FitBit and Withings that has apparently occurred multiple times in the past.

Is this a known issue at the moment?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everybody,

Thanks for reaching out the Forums. We really appreciate your comments and feedback about this issue.

Please try to revoke the access from Withings, and reconnect both apps. You can find the steps here: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I've marked this post as the best answer for this thread to gain visibility. Thanks a million for your cooperation and understanding while we keep working on solving this for all of you. Thank you @TaraDactyl83, your comment was of great help.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to your new comments.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hi there, @Rowmer. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.  As a workaround you can add weight manually in the Fitbit app, see more information about this here: How do I track my weight in the Fitbit app?

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I just purchased a new Withings Body+ scale and am getting this same error.  I validated my login on both fitbit's site as well as withing's.  Please let me know what I can do to solve this.

Best Answer

ETA for a fix? having the same issue

Best Answer

Why is this the best answer?? This issue is not "Solved" lol

Best Answer

Not working for me. Hope it's fixed soon.

Best Answer

Doesn’t work for me either.  Just purchased scale the other day and worked for first few weigh-ins immediately after initial setup but after those first few, does not work.  Also the setup on the link gives me just this error:

• Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Exception receiving access token
Best Answer

Any ETA on a fix? I've run into the same problem as OP.

Best Answer

I am facing the same issue since Monday 2/7. The data stopped syncing. When I tried to re-establish the sync between Whitings and Fitbit, I get the error, 

It seems that this very same issue has occurred frequently in past while syncing data between these 2 services. What is the expected ETA for a bug fix?

Best Answer

https://support.withings.com//hc//en-us//articles//360016745358--BREAKING-Deprecating-access-and-refresh-tokens-endpoints  

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Jesus, it seems this was announced on 3/16/2021. Yet the fitbit developers haven't updated things on their side. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Best Answer

What does this even mean?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It means its super fixable if the fitbit developers just change the call to Withings API to reflect the updates to Withings system.

Best Answer

Again?! I swear this happens a couple of times a year at least and then it gets fixed for about a few weeks and then breaks again. Time and time again is there ever going to be a solution that works?

Best Answer

You shouldn't be able to mark something as "Answered" if your answer is basically "yeah, we know, we're working on it". I would like to be able to track this thread until it's actually "Fixed" not just "Answered".  

Best Answer

Completely agree! @KateFitbit this is getting silly now is there ever going to be a solution? Its not fixed!

Best Answer

To be fair, you can track this thread even though it's marked as answered. You just have to subscribe to it (three dots, top right).

I agree that it's a bit silly to mark it answered though – people clicking on a thread with a best answer will expect a resolution, not just a response.

Best Answer

Receiving the following error:

"Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Exception receiving access token"

And no, unlike another post from yesterday might suggest, this it not solved. Please fix ASAP and stop breaking it.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  Withings shows me connected to FitBit.  FitBit does not show a connection.  I am on my second day of manual entry.  Oddly, my FitBit and Withings are both successfully connected to Cronometer.  Withings is showing real time weight on Cronometer, FitBit only my manual entry.

Yes, this does happen at least a couple times a year.  There has to be something that can be done to facilitate a permanent fix.

Best Answer

I know I can track an "Answered" thread and I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful, but I don't want to track other Fitbit Users saying "yep, I'm having the same problem". What I want is for unresolved issues to be left open, even if the Fitbit Moderator has said "we're aware of the problem and we're are working on it" (which I appreciate) because, if an issue is marked "Answered" (or worse yet, "Solved" as it appears on the Google page that brought me here) the Fitbit Moderator has no reason to come back to this thread when they finally solve the issue to let us know "yay, we fixed it, run the connection wizard again and you can stop logging your weight manually".

Best Answer