Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Firmware Update 194.86

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Versa 4 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Versa 4. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198

Looking for thoughts. After having weeks of initial trouble with set up. Voice response and syncing primarily everything has been stable and working as expected. With all the post here do I dare upgrade the firmware. 

Best Answer

It’s interesting that you’ve requested and received hundreds of negative responses, but no replies from you regarding those complaints. Fitbit had a pretty decent app before Google started messing with it. 

Sure would be nice if Fitbit would post something about what’s going on today. Numerous glitches with the app this morning and now I can’t even log in to see what’s going on. I’m guessing it’s a glitch related to the time change. 

Best Answer

I have delayed doing the update due to reading about the problems caused by this.

Everything is working well. Therefore, I am extremely reluctant about this update.

My watch is just out of warranty!

EH
Best Answer

I have lots of issues now after this new update. Just did it yesterday. My Fitbit batter used to last 4-5 days, now it is hardly lasting a half hour???? I was able to update it to 75% at 10:30ish (but then it gave me an error of overheating in an air conditioned house. Now at 11:30 it is back down to 12%. Crazy??? Something is messed up. 

Best Answer

I am in the same boat as many - my fitbit is logging 100s of flights of steps a day since the update.  I messaged in chat weeks ago and was told I was just out of warranty so SOL.  They said they'd have a manager reach out to me via email though - never heard from anyone.  : (

maybe please do a new update and fix this known issue................

Best Answer

After updating I have noticed that the calories are inaccurate on my Versa 4. They are very low and sometimes they get even lower after syncing.  I seen others with the same issues but comments are disabled on those threads. I check all of my settings, Height, Weight, etc. it is very frustrating not to have the accurate calorie count for daily allowance. Please help!

Best Answer

@scd5280 wrote:

So are all the issues people have been complaining fixed? Update message has shown up on my phone and not so sure I want to do it...

I am thinking the same as you. My Versa4 is working well. It does everything I need.

After reading all the various problems people are experiencing after installing the new firmware.

I am hesitant to update.

EH
Best Answer

I’m having the same issue, simplified sleep data out of nowhere. So annoying. Also no HR tracking on exercise and no resting HR. Renders Fitbit useless for me. 

Best Answer

I feel sorry that you are feeling your Fitbit is useless for you.

My Versa4 has worked perfectly. I have had mine for just over a year.

I would be lost without mine. 

Fitbit support are very helpful and happy to provide advice to solve problems. This is my experience.

I hope you are able to solve your problems soon.

Hopefully, you will be able to take the time to get your Fitbit working as it is intended to. 

My experience is Fitbit Versa4 is a great smart watch.

EH
Best Answer

I am thinking the same. My Versa4 has functioned well since the day I had it. I have read so many (not a few) people have adverse reactions after updating. I'm hesitant to update. I don't want to risk having their adverse impacts. Why would you when you have a perfect working watch.

EH
Best Answer

What we need is 3rd party App. What’s the point if it can’t do half the things the older herder to find model can? Wish I could return this or that’d you’d update it to at least have Spotify 

Best Answer
I agree. I miss my original Versa. I originally thought the acquisition by
Google would be a good thing. Now it looks like they want to kill it.
Best Answer

Finally updated mine, and immediately got hit with the exact same issue as these folks: Can't turn off sleep mode on my Versa 4 - Fitbit Community.  Sleep mode is locked due to Do Not Disturb, and vice versa, with no way to escape other than a factory reset.  Very frustrating that these issues haven't been addressed.  

Best Answer

So far so good except:  App on the Note 9 gets changed or updated on the fly, the watch stays put.  I believe if you look at what is occuring as client side script improvements to the smart phone everything makes sense.  And although the sleep data display got changed in the last few days, maybe it is the app that changed, I also got awarded about the same time, something to do with a boot, walking a lot,  the "do not disturb" feature gets overcome when I exceed my daily walk target.  That may or may not have involved the fitbit, I've never noticed it before.  My choppy internet connections make syncing the fitbit data in the morning dodgy.  I don't use all the features but I do see text messages arriving now on my fitbit.  Maybe I selected that, I don't remember.  A learning curve!

Best Answer

It seems that upgrades create issues when warranty is out.  Maybe a good way to increase sales. The latest update makes the sleep results difficult to see. 

Best Answer
But to increase sales, you need a product. There really isn't anything
coming down the pike. I read thar the update also causes problems with the
Charge 6.

It looks like they're really pushing the Pixel line of watches.
Best Answer

Well my versa 4 started acting up and rebooting draining the battery out of the blue. So I decided to do the update in hopes it would brick my device due to the fact the samsung watch I wanted was on sale. Unhappy to report my watch is working fine for me. I don't track my sleep though because I work shift work so I just don't care 🤷. However, notifications and calls come through and it seems to be tracking steps fairly accurately. If you need an excuse to get a non Google product you can try my method lol. Maybe you will have better luck.

Best Answer

Just want to update if you have same situation with me😅

Spending a lots of time and various communication with the help desk in the last 2 months😶

I finally got an acceptable solution to solve my issue.

Thanks for being my partner since 2015👋 

Best Answer

When are you going to fix the tap to pay bug that some users of the Versa 4 have been having since 2023? Under the consumer rights act we have the right to repair, or replacement. 

Best Answer