Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Firmware Update 194.86

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Versa 4 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Versa 4. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198
I've uninstalled and re-installed the app and watch so many times now I'm just fed up. It was ought in September 2023 and my husband's watch, bought at the same time, has no problems. A replacement would be great but I'm not holding my breath.
Best Answer

Me too.

i bought my one from Amazon and bought a replacement and returned  the original one, the new one had the same syncing and reading steps in real time problems. Once again I have deleted and reinstalled the app and restated the device… nothing helps 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Alt fungerer utmerket:)  Fitbit Versa 4 blant det beste. Berdre enn Garmin og Polar etc.. på helsesooring.  Sikkert forskjellige meninfer, men synd alt i alt bra greier.

Best Answer

Please add this to the very first sentence for update preparation....  IMPORTANT - prior to starting the update process remove all bluetooth devices to a different room except for the Fitbit and the phone it is paired with. This eliminates contention with other devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since i installed the latest update my Versa 4 has stopped recording my sleep.  Can I roll back a firmware version?

Best Answer

Same here - and no response from Fitbit on how to fix this 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

I noticed some of my settings customizations were changed with the firmware update.  Check the sleep sensitivity setting.  I changed it back to "sensitive" and it helped a bit, but still not tracking sleep like it did before the update.  I will be hard pressed to ever buy another Fitbit (or Google product for that matter).

Best Answer

It doesn't appear to solve anything by posting comments or even contacting Fitbit.  Your best action would be for the firmware to be rolled back and the previous version available to be re-installed until you have fixed all the bugs in this version.  You have a lot of angry customers out there and, at this rate, Fitbit will only continue to see sales drop.

Best Answer

Well said. A roll back is needed. 

Best Answer

After reading the various negative comments regarding the updates for the fitbit Smart Watch.

I am extremely reluctant to do the updates.

At the moment, my Versa4 is working perfectly. I don't want the same problems as others.

There are so many adverse impacts. They can't all be wrong? 

EH
Best Answer
I definitely wouldn't do the update. If I could reverse my update I would. Desperate for a fix but not holding my breath. I don't think they care.
Best Answer

You're definitely right, they should have a way to reverse the update. My watch was perfectly fine before the update, and after the update it had a black display. Contacted Fitbit, went through a few reset attempts, tried to change watch face and was told to check out their products in the store. Why would I buy another Fitbit, when it was their update that bricked my perfectly working watch.

Best Answer

Stumbled across this thread when investigating the new update and what it might deliver. Read the horror stories and thought "what the heck my watch has been problem free"... so I proceeded to install the update. Big mistake! The update seemed to start okay but eventually the screen went blank. After waiting 30 minutes and seeing no change I left the watch and went to work... returned 6 hours later... still a blank display. Tried to reset the watch no luck. Called Fitbit support and got the impression they were not surprised my watch died while trying to install the update process. Started the RMA process.. [sigh]

Best Answer

Got a used Versa 4 today. Mint condition for just $70CDN. 

Instantly connected via the app and the firmware update went smoothly. 

Liking the Fitbit so far. Very responsive and clear display.

Best Answer

Since I updated my versa 4 I am no longer getting text or call notifications.  I've tried everything to fix and it's still not working.   Please help!!

Best Answer

I wish they would do an update to reverse update.  My Versa 4 randomly reboots on its own and has begun to fail to provide sleep data and breathing rate although I haven’t changed a thing about how and when I wear it.  I’m thinking of digging out my old Inspire or Zip.

Best Answer

Doesn't work for my Versa 4. 

Best Answer

Since my Versa 4 was updated to the new firmware Version 61.20001.194.86 on 1/31/2024, the device no longer produces a map for walk exercises. It also makes the total distance less than it should have been. Time/mile (pace) was longer than it should have been. Fitbit "support" had me return the device. While waiting for the replacement, used an old Versa 3 device, and it produced a map every walk, with expected distance and expected pace times.

Received a refurbished Versa 4 device on 2/21/2024. The first walk with it again produced NO map with shorter total distance and longer pace times per mile. So the SAME issue has now occurred with TWO different Versa 4 devices.

How can I go BACK to the previous firmware that was used in the Versa 4 prior to 61.20001.194.86? 

Right now, I have a piece of junk Versa 4 device thanks to the current firmware.

Best Answer

Yes! I’ve been reporting problems since early Nov 2023. Eventually I exchanged my Versa 4 with Amazon. Still the same problems. I’ve been asked to delete app and reinstall etc again. I’m going around in circles … what to do next? 

Best Answer

Hello All,

I notice that the APP in APP store have update today, however I want to share what I'm experiencing now.

From 12 February 2024, the device suddenly disconnect with my APP, then I try to reconnect the APP and device, and stuck in the "4-digit code" entering step (i.e. I can receive the verify number from the device but the APP not allow me to enter the number and keep flash out the number which I'm entering").

I try to reinstall the APP, disconnect the Bluetooth, update the APP in latest version, update IOS, try Android phone to connect, hard reset the device... etc. then the outcoming still stuck there.

I have video to record and send to CS for help, but the out-come is "I need to return the device for replacement", in my opinion, this is not related to the device problems, this is very clear that the APP have bug and need to be fix......

Did anyone try to connect the device and APP as same as me stuck into the entering step?

I use Fitbit device since 2015 and this is my 3rd device but first time have such problems and unexpected reply from the CS.....

Best Answer