Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Firmware Update 194.86

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Versa 4 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Versa 4. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
197 REPLIES 197

After the update my watch is showing wrong time. Time zone is Toronto but it does not sync the time right with my phone. 

-------

Restarting watch fixed the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I’m still having problems and now there is no real time update of my stats at all. I have to always manually sync. Also now heartbeat only shows range.  Can I please ask if you received your new Versa and if the problems have disappeared with the new device? Thanks 🙏🏻 

Best Answer

Same problem since November for me 

Best Answer
My issue fixed after rebooting the watch and restarting application
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I've done that any number of times and it still doesn't work.
Best Answer

Just did update, now versa 4 screen is black and the green light is lit up in the back.

Best Answer

No point in contacting Fitbit either. They don’t seem to know what they’re doing. Obviously a flawed update. 

Best Answer

After contacting them, I was told that they couldn't do anything and basically I need to buy a new watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AsantijrAre you not covered by warranty?

----

@GwendyMcyour question is really valid, I would also be interested to know from who received a new device if that has solved the issue or if the new device has the same issue. Could someone who has received a new device answer that?

If the new device has solved the issue, there is probably something wrong with a particular batch of devices or perhaps a particular microchip or other hardware component which is mounted on a limited number of devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have really interesting thoughts there. I wish Fitbit would be concrete about what the actual problem is. This is why I was reluctant to take an exchange 

Best Answer

I received a replacement watch and the update was successful.

What I am leery of is trying to customize the face display design like I did with my last one. As a former code debugger, I have wondered if some user settings like face style caused a disconnect with the update. Just a thought...

I am hoping that I won't have to rejoin this chat with results from a future firmware update...

Best Answer

No, I am not covered

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new device. It forced me to do the update when I first turned it on and paired it with my phone. I am terrified to use it for anything and the clock is NOT reading the correct time. I would have preferred a refund.

Best Answer
I really think Fitbit needs a rethink on this update. There are so many unhappy users out there. They can’t even see fit to respond when you go onto their helpline. The chatbot apparently sends the info on but that’s as far as it goes.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

After the problems previously described have continued ....today, the watch spontaneously rebooted in the middle of an exercise routine.  Thereafter, it appears to have retuned to it's pre-update character!  Text descriptions have returned to the fitness selections and there are early indications that normal battery life has returned.  All very strange ....

Best Answer

I completed the update yesterday - had play with the clock a little before it showed the correct time after the update. Seemed ok once I did a full shut down and restart - but then this morning I see that it recorded my sleep time, zone times, breathing, HR etc - but then no score even though I slept more than 7 hours. This has only happened I the past when I took a nap and slept for less than a couple of hours - is it related to the update, or something else?

Best Answer

Same issue here - any solutions?

Best Answer
Fitbit help not very helpful so, no there have been no solutions.
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new community members.

@GwendyMc@Lizzo25@Asantijr and @fb.KayK.679 Thanks for letting me know about your Versa 4 and I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced after the update. Your feedback is appreciated and rest assured that we'll continue working to improve our devices, as well as your experience with them.

As you may know, every case is handled individually and based on our Warranty Policy. Because you have already contacted our Support team, my best advice is to get back to them in order to receive more information about your case. 

@Sirbux Thanks for keeping me posted and just to confirm, do you mean the issues with your Versa 4 got resolved? I understand your concern and in case your watch is working well, I'd recommend keeping an eye on your watch in the next few days to see how it behaves.

@DrDoyle I appreciate you for sharing this information, and the steps that you've tried prior to posting. Before anything else, I'd like to share with you that there are certain factors that impact the sleep stages which at the end affect other features such as sleep scores and stress score. This includes sleeping in a position that prevents your watch from capturing your heart rate or sleeping for less than 3 hours.

With this in mind, please try wearing it about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone and sync once you're awake to check your sleep details.

Best Answer
It's a bit late for that. Sounds like they've bricked several devices. If
you're within the warranty, they'll give you a new watch. Otherwise,
they'll offer you a different device at a reduced price.

I'm one of the lucky ones. My Versa 4 didn't suffer at all after the update.
Best Answer