Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer Music to my Versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I transfer Music to my Fitbit? I watched a video on YouTube which makes it look easy except for the part I am suppose to click on the tiny watch icon in the upper right corner of my dashboard. I don't have that small watch icon so now what?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

Managed to download Deezer and got all my music on my versa with no problems, I downloaded the fibit app on mylaptopr to be able to download my personal music folder to be transfered to my versa "music" but for fome reason it's not working.  I am having difficulties with my HP laptop to recognize my fitbit via Bluetooth (not recognizing new device)... tried numerous times with no avail... Im not planning on keeping Deezer since I need to pay after my 3 month free trial (but might change my mind since my music app wont load music)... just wish I could figure out on how to download my own music from laptop to my versa, I'm getting frustrated since I cannot figure it out... I'm pretty good at figuring this stuff out, but I'm at a full "duh" moment, lol

Best Answer

same issue here

Best Answer

I am having trouble downing loading the music as well.  It's really the only reason why I up graded from the Alta.  If I can get it to work.  I'll be returning it within my 30 day period.   Good luck

Best Answer

i had the same issue, i found out you needed to turn your Bluetooth on your computer device /laptop or /pc and it should work from there. any issues message me.

Best Answer

all my bluetooths are on and running... I just got off phone with customer care, they are still having issues with their server, technitians are working hard to get everything up and running, not only for downloading music, but for syncing issues and so forth... she even troubleshooted with me on my laptop with no avail, she did ask I have patience until they give the green light that all issues are & have been fixed, then we will be able to enjoy the full service of apps and so forth... guess I will need to run my patiences a little longer before I freak out, lol

Best Answer

You have to do it on your desktop.

So you’ll need to download onto your desktop the Fitbit Connect app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the link to download fitbit connect app for desktop (it's the link i used, just click on whether your desktop is Pc or mac etc)

Once you’ve downloaded the Fitbit connect app onto your desktop you sign in with your fitbit details and then there are 3 options one of which is to transfer music. Make sure you have the music app on the watch open too to transfer music.  

Be warned it takes a long time to transfer music and you’ll need to charge the watch while doing it. Make sure you have a few hours spare to transfer music  

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @cowleygirl and @lexi83 thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you keep having issues transferring your music to your Versa? If you do, I recommend taking a look at the How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch? and Why can't I download music and podcasts to my Fitbit watch? article and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I wish you could transfer the music from your phone. This would make it so much easier to deal with!

Best Answer

I have been unable to get my Win10 desktop with the FitBit app installed to connect to my Versa for music.  It connects and shows fitness stats but when I go to Personal Music and enable it on the watch the Win10 app just says LOOKING FOR YOUR WATCH and never progresses any further.  Very frustrating

Best Answer

The only way you can get music on your Versa is by having Windows 10? I have Windows 8.1 and can not even download the app. This is Crazy since I don't want to pay $119 for the upgrade to windows 10. Is there any other way?

Best Answer

Oh no that’s annoying. So is it that the Fitbit connect app for desktop doesn’t support windows under 10?  I’ve heard of people using iTunes to load music but I’ve never done that and I imagine it’s not so straight forward. They really need a better way for people to put their music on their watches. It would make it so easy if you could put your watch in your charger connect it you your computer and literally drag the music you want on to it 

Best Answer

i was excited to pick up my versa, until i tried to transfer music. Painful to say the least.

fitbit you are letting us down. there are other trackers who can transfer music a lot faster. i have a fibre connection of 72mb and its still slow.

any help would be appreciated

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer

This is SO frustrating as the main reason I bought the Versa was so that I wouldn't need to carry my iPod with music on it.

I am able to get to the 'Manage My Music' screen then on to the 'Add a playlist' screen, but when I select the folder (which has tracks I have dragged and dropped form ITunes), it won't find it and pings me back to the 'Add a playlist' screen.

Can someone help me?

Best Answer
I agree completely.. This is so annoying!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Oh dear. And I thought mine took long. It took 90 mins to transfer 64 songs. It’s takes far too long and it seems that it Varys how long transfers take. But the overall consensus is make sure you have a good few hours to spare and put your watch on charge. 

I also noticed that there are some mp3 audio files that don’t allow you to check the box to transfer them onto the watch I don’t know why. Which is annoying

i may have to look into that to be honest. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you find the Fitbit desktop app. I can't find it in the App Store . I wanted also to transfer music but am not able to .

Best Answer

How did you manage it? I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

came downstairs after 5 hours and was still stuck on preparing to transfer......what am i doing wrong. if not sorted i will take back and get my £200 back...pathetic

Best Answer
0 Votes