Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite - Factory Reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If your Versa Lite needs factory resetting and you can't do so via the Fitbit app, this should work:

• Hold down the button (reboots device after ~8 seconds).
  • Wait until the static logo disappears.
  • Release the button briefly (< 2 seconds), and hold the button down again.
  • Wait until a long vibration is felt. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

This can still work if you're seeing a 'Data not cleared' error.

This might also work for other devices with only one physical button (eg, Versa 2).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Hi @Gondwana, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the steps to do a factory reset on the Fitbit Versa Lite. Thank you for your time and efforts, additional information about the factory reset can be found in this help article: How do I erase my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Fitbit Versa lite working perfectly yesterday. Today blank screen. App shows 67% charged, now fully charged. Screen blank again. Have tried plugging to charger. Brief Fitbit symbol seen then comes up with time etc. Disappears as soon as unplugged and blank screen again. 7 months old. What can I do? Thanks 

Best Answer

I had tried the suggest factory reset but was not successful.  My problem started with not being able to complete setup for the Versa Lite that I had bought.  Had tried setting up with multiple devices but the same Failure result.   So I tried the suggested Factory Reset method.  After that my device cannot even establish a link to the Fitbit.  The screen on my device will return with a Failure and Retry message.

Best Answer

Having the same problem for 5 days now. Frustrating!

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. My watch is less than two weeks old. Did you find a solution? 

Best Answer

No luck with reset nor set up.  Decided to return the unit to seller.

Best Answer

Hi there. Never found a solution despite contacting Fitbit support. Ended up with replacement Fitbit as was still under warranty. Second time that’s happened to me this year... If happens again I think I will go to another brand although I love my Fitbit. 
Good luck! 

Best Answer
Bought mine end of June this year. Got support from fitbit and they are
replacing it because of warrenty. I am just wonderi g whats going on,
everybody is struggling with the same thing.
Best Answer

That’s really interesting Celia! 

Sue 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply to my question. I also did a chat with support. He had me use my laptop instead of my cell phone (must be windows 10) I downloaded the Fitbit app then just did my set up there it took over 5 hours for the update to finish, but once it did my watch is working. I have messaged support to see if I have to control my watch through the laptop instead of my phone app but I haven’t got a reply yet. Hope this info helps.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

@ScotDoc1 @KCTan @CeliaA @SunsetRunner It's nice to see you on the Community. I appreciate the troubleshooting you've tried. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with our Support team.

Just wanted to jump in and let you know that we're aware of some Versa Lite that aren't updating. Our team is investigating and working on a resolution, you can learn more about it by checking the main thread here

In this case, please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting, instead try the following: 

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Does not work. Versa lite continues to loop through a series of screens. Tried for 24 hours to do factory reset. Software must be faulty.  Next stop - Apple watch.

Best Answer

@ngpiv Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. 

Our team is aware of this issue and working towards a resolution. Please subscribe to this thread to keep yourself updated. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I was told that I needed a windows 10 computer when I could not get my versa lite to work after I did a factory reset for issues I was having. I did the reset right from the versa lite. I then could not get it to sync with my android phone. So I then did the set up device and got the code. Went through the whole set up process. Everything went just as if I had just bought it. Then I did the update again....I say again because I did it already once before awhile back and had no issues. Well it would get part way through the update this time and then it would tell me to try again the 4 different options. Like restart my blue tooth connection and so on. Then that's when I couldn't get it to do nothing. My fitbit screen would only tell me to down load the app in all different languages. That's when I contacted support and was told I needed a windows 10. I own a laptop but my OS is Chrome. I do have access to a windows computer at work, but I thought that can't be right. So I actually download the fitbit app on my laptop, plugged in the fitbit after I downloaded the app and got the update to run with no issues. My versa lite is working again!!! So I am going to say, you don't necessarily need a windows 10 computer. 

Best Answer
Thats wonderful news. How do you download the app on your computer? Can you
maybe guide me through it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have windows 10. On my laptop I went to Fitbit.com and followed the prompts. Hope that helps!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a chrome book, so my operating system is Google Chrome. Not a windows operating system like Windows 10 and so on. I just went to Play store on my laptop and downloaded the Fitbit app. Just like on my Samsung Galaxy phone. Waited for the app to download, plugged my fitbit versa lite into my laptop and clicked update on the app on my laptop. The update took only a couple minutes to complete and I was back up and working. Have not had any troubles since, even using the app on my phone. All the features are back up and working. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Best Answer

After resetting my fitbit versa lite to factory setting, I could not update the software or sync my fitbit app with the versa lite. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it on my phone but it still didn't work. I also just found out that fitbit's 1-year warranty doesn't cover software issues. I can only say that I'm very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit was replaced with a new one. Im still under warrenty. Just make
sure because the software update issues are with fitbit. Not us
Best Answer