Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite firmware update issue (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 4/27

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite. Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Fitbit Update: 12/12

Hi Versa Lite users,

If you recently purchased a Versa Lite, or if you recently tried completing a firmware update and had issues our teams are aware of the problem.

We're currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please DO NOT perform a factory reset on the watch as a troubleshooting method. 

Instead, try the following:

• Plug the watch into a computer and attempt the update over Bluetooth. You may need to resume the update if it fails a few times. Note: You must have the watch plugged into a computer to improve the chances of successfully updating. 
  • If you have more time available, contact our Customer Support and they can walk you through another method using a Windows 10 computer. 

As a side note, if you encounter any issues while updating it, please perform the troubleshooting mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation while we work hard on a fix. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 4/22

Hi, Versa Lite Fam!

Today we're announcing a new firmware: Fitbit OS 4.1.2(version:70.7.27), which addresses and solves the firmware update issue that was identified and reported in this thread. Please update to this new firmware once you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app. 

If you attempt this new update and have issues, PLEASE FOLLOW these step by step instructions in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? DO NOT ever attempt a factory reset as a troubleshooting method for Versa Lite.

Thank you all for your patience while a fix was put in place. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
766 REPLIES 766

Why has it taken all day for this update and it’s still only 12% complete.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

@Booth2332, welcome to our Fitbit Community. By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. I'm also sorry to hear about the firmware update issue that your Versa experienced.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via chat. I'm so glad to hear that a solution was provided and you will be back on track with a replacement unit soon.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same , its bran new , and not had chance to use it .

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, just bought it today and I can't get it passed the update, keeps saying can't find versa! Tried speaking on live chat but it went off and now I can't get back on!!

Best Answer

@prologic @Ginge85, I'm sorry for the late response. However, regarding the firmware update issues that you guys are experiencing, I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, run the firmware update again and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer
Got a refund ... Happy man 🤗
Best Answer

I'm happy to report that iveI managed to get mine up and running thank you for all your help....one happy lady now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa has firmware 32.33.1.30. I am trying to update it to the current firmware however on the app and on fitbit connect on the computer it says I have the current firmware and there are no updates for my versa. I have model FB504. Can it not instal the newer firmwares?

Best Answer

@Mn23, welcome to our Fitbit Community. By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to follow up on the firmware update issue that your Fitbit Versa is experiencing.

In order to fix this issue, please try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After trying these steps, run the firmware update again and see if your Versa gets updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey seems like more people have this problem, I got in touch with customer support since all the links and help don't work.

Hope fitbit will fix this issue soon

Best Answer

@prologic, I'm sorry for the late response. I'm also sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your Fitbit Versa. Don't hesitate to get back if you have any question and I'll be glad to assist you.

@Ginge85, I'm sorry for the late reply. However, I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Fitbit Versa back on track. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you guys to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Have a great weekend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had just bought my Fitbit Versa Lite the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was working great. A few days later I got a notification from Fitbit saying there’s a update for my Versa so I hit update. After it updated, my brand new Fitbit was not performing properly. I called Fitbit support 5 times and had to explain my story to 5 different people and they were doing different things to help me resolve the issue. My Fitbit at this point was not turning on so they claimed it as defective. I took it to Macy’s whee I bought t and exchanged for another one. I looked at my Fitbit app today’s and theres  updates available however I’m scared to update it again..

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Hi all 

First time poster. I’m having trouble with my Fitbit Versa Lite. It’s nearly 12 months old and I haven’t had a drama until now. I did a full restart as I was selling it, now I changed my mind I decided to set it all up again. It’s taking ages to download the start up stuff however when prompted to download the new firmware, it won’t go further past the white Fitbit logo. I’ve tried for over a week now to get it going with no avail. I’ve tried restarting, disconnecting Bluetooth, resetting my phone and removing the Fitbit and still no luck. 

thanks

Best Answer

A couple of days ago my Versa Lite screen was nonresponsive. I reset the watch and the screen kind of worked but not completely. Then the Watch started resetting itself, I watched this happen a few times in a row and it was having issues syncing to my android phone. I performed a factory/hard reset. Now I can't get the watch to download the firmware/update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone, tablet and my laptop. I have unpaired and paired the watch from all 3 and turned off and back on the Bluetooth. I have restarted all 3. Nothing has worked. On all 3 the find the watch and I input the code, on the laptop it always says update failed, on both the tablet and phone the update starts but after a little while either the connection is lost between the 2 or it says update failed. I have only had this watch since the summer. Out of options, don't know what else to do.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nataliemin, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with the inconvenience you had with your Fitbit Versa Lite and the firmware update, I'm happy to know that a replacement process was completed with the retailer where you bought the device, which in this case is Macy's. I understand that you're unsure to update the firmware version of your device, however, I recommend you to update your device's firmware and contact me back if you experience any difficulties after installing it, I'll be here ready to help you out.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haynsy93, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since the firmware update doesn't finish. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

Please try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article contains steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest. After this, run the firmware update again and see if it gets completed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm this. Experienced this problem with Fitbit Versa 1, newly bought (last week) and never used before. We have tried factory resets, use different WLANs, different phones (Samsung Galaxy A20/A40, iPhone 11, Nokia 7.1, Sony XZ1c ), tried it with different Fitbit app versions (starting with 3.11 and previous versions).

During the setup process the app requests a firmware update of the watch, which never finishes. This seems to be not a problem of a particular Fitbit Versa watch as we even tried this with outher Fitbit Versa 1 watches as well which leads to the same result.

Best Answer

@SirLiftAlot, I'm sorry for the late response. However I appreciate your reply.

We appreciate your patience and time with this. In case you are still experiencing issues with the firmware update, please reply to the last email that our Support team sent to you and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes