Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.2 - Versa Firmware Release (32.12.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, everyone! I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.2! (Firmware Version: 32.12.19) At this time, we've released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. 

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Please check out this help article to see what's new in this update.

IS THIS UPDATE AVAILABLE TO ME?

This update has only been released to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. If you have not yet received an update notification and wish to force the update, you can give the watch a FACTORY RESET and then follow steps 1 - 4 below. Please make sure you sync the watch before performing the reset so that all your current data transfer over. Factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. Historical Fitbit data will still be available in the Fitbit App.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here. We recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article.

If you run into trouble updating your Ionic, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have questions, please let me know in this thread!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
490 REPLIES 490

@AlessFitbit Does this release include a fix for the problem where Exercise Custom Stats revert to default after syncing? It's not listed specifically. We've been waiting a really long time!

Best Answer

The update has been running for the last hour and a half. It first downloaded the OS then for the majority of time, the update was stuck at the installation phase. Is this is normal? What should I do as it seems like the watch is not responsive. Thanks

Best Answer

Just checked, it hasn't been rolled out to me yet. Thanks for the heads up!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this exact same issue right now. Did you get your fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

my versa is successfully updated with new firmware. the update process takes at least 30 minutes if you select bluetooth connectivity option.

Best Answer

i did update also. it takes about 30 min over wifi and then phone show failed. after fitbit versa restart and phone restart it show updated. at least version is same 32.12.19.

i try to go run and hope gps problem with android 9 is also fixed. fingers crossed...

iphone 13 mini, Oneplus 8, Versa 3 | Retired: Flex (2x), Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa SE
Best Answer

The "other bug fixes and improvements" link also says "other bug fixes and improvements". So can I actually see what the other bug fixes and improvements were, or nah?

Also, still not going to let me use the spo2 sensor? Really? Why'd you put it in then? 

Best Answer

Approximate when will it be available in Hungary?

Best Answer

@MasterHigg wrote:

The "other bug fixes and improvements" link also says "other bug fixes and improvements". So can I actually see what the other bug fixes and improvements were, or nah?

If the developers knew for any particular bug that the update fixes it, they would tell us.  So I guess they don't know either.  No matter, just watch the forums over the next year and we'll all know which bugs were added and which ones were removed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with me....update in its second hour, appears to have got stuck...how do I stop/restart it?

Best Answer

when you wait. it give time out and then restart versa and phone.

iphone 13 mini, Oneplus 8, Versa 3 | Retired: Flex (2x), Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa SE
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to install the update for the past 2 hours and all it is saying is "Searching for your Fitbit"!! My fitbit is sitting right next to my phone is there a problem?

Best Answer

restart fitbit versa. probably update fitbit app also. today i notice that they update android app also and yesterday iphone app.

Best Answer

Both links (what's new & what's fixed) result is an error.

Actually, on my S8+, in Opera, all links in the original post result in an error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may be a stupid question, but how do I restart the Versa? It’s stuck on the install screen on the Versa itself, and the app shut down and now says “searching for Versa.” Any advice?

Best Answer

I have been experiencing the same problem since last night. App keeps spinning on Wifi settings. Read somewhere to turn off bluetooth. I've only had my Versa for a week. I'm already frustrated by this.

Best Answer

Rolled out to me last night.  No issues updating.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Mine is stuck in the blue Fitbit logo screen. It says connecting and doesn’t get any further. Is that the same problem you’re having?

Best Answer
Yes. Exact same!
Best Answer