Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving duplicate notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Getting duplicate notifications, but not every one.  Versa has 32.32.4.19.  Android App is V2.69. Google Pixel, stock Android v8.1.0.  All day sync is on, default notifications (no other apps enabled), Always Connected is on, Keep-alive widget is on.  I see from other forums that this is a common issue among most trackers, but I don't remember seeing the issue with my old Blaze using the same phone/OS.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

Hello @eric80233, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading you are receiving duplicate notifications on your Versa. Thank you for sharing that you have reviewed that all is set correctly and for reviewing the versions of the firmware and Fitbit App are running to the latest one.

In this case, I would recommend the following instructions. Here you will find all the troubleshooting steps when you are not receiving notifications, but in your case, we can use the same instructions to address the issue you are experiencing, specially the last part; as it will indicate to re-enable the notifications from scratch.

Give it a try and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
So I've tried all the remedies on the web page you suggested. Still
getting multiple notifications (now more than just 2). Got any other ideas?

Eric
Best Answer

I got my Versa yesterday and am having the same issue. I am receiving the same notification many times, not just twice. Please post the solution if you figure it out. 

Best Answer

Hi there @eric80233 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @ElizToepfer

@ElizToepfer can you confirm if you have tried the suggestion I mentioned before? Also can you let me know what model of mobile device are you using to sync your Fitbit Versa.

If the issue continues, can you let me know which notifications are being affected? Is this happening with an app in particular or is with all notifications?

See you later and I'll be looking forward to your responses.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, this seems to happen mostly with Gmail notifications.  Occasionally it will happen with text messages.  To my knowledge, it hasn't happened with Calendar notifications, but there aren't nearly as many of those as the rest.

Best Answer

I get duplicated FitBit app notifications. However when I swipe down to view them, there is only one. Does the Versa have the ability to re-notify if the notification isn't view/clicked in or deleted?

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer

Hi Roberto,

Eric told you his device model in the orginal post and replied earlier that he already tried your suggestions.

I am also receiving duplicate notifications on my Versa with firmware version 32.32.4.19. Android App 2.70 on an Essential phone running Android 8.1.0.

My duplicates seem to be primarily Gmail as well. I have tried disabling Email from the main notification page and checking Gmail in the App Notification page instead. Both methods give me duplicates.

Please let us know what troubleshooting to try next and if you need any additional information.

Thank you!

Best Answer

I have the same issue.

If i don't delete old notifications the versa will vibrate multiple times every time a new notification comes in.

When I delete all notifications from the versa it works fine again for the first new notification.

MrMobile [Michael Fisher] mentions this bug in his YouTube review at minute 3:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHZBD17tY8

Best Answer

It seems for me it was messaging and if I hadn't dismissed the notification.

I did the first troubleshoot and it seems to have worked thus far.

Edit: nevermind, still getting duplicates

Edit 2: seems second troubleshoot did the trick. Hope it lasts.

LG V20 w/Versa. Retired- Flex2
Best Answer
0 Votes

To me, this issue is clearly an app issue.  The AP should be smart enough to determine if it has already sent a notification for that particular message.  I don't want to interrupt whatever I'm doing to acknowledge a notification.  That seems overly intrusive.

Best Answer

To me, this issue is clearly an app issue.  The app should be smart enough to determine if it has already sent a notification for that particular message.  I don't want to interrupt whatever I'm doing to acknowledge a notification.  That seems overly intrusive.

Best Answer

Good afternoon,

I have a Samsung S7. I just followed the instructions, so I don't have results yet. I will let you know if it worked.

FYI: The duplications I was receiving were Gmail and text messages.

Update: Still getting multiple duplicate text and gmail notifications. 

Best Answer

I tried every suggestion mentioned here and I still get duplicate notifications for some, not all, Gmail messages. 

I reset my Fitbit, reset all Bluetooth connections, restarted my phone. (I turned it off and turned it on again. Ha!) Nothing suggested has helped. 

What I'm getting are two notifications on my Versa for one email that comes through Gmail. Sometimes there is even another email between the two duplicates, which is odd. Text messages are working properly with just one notification. I don't have my calendar synced yet. 

Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet? Anyone...?

@RobertoME wrote:

Hi there @eric80233 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @ElizToepfer

@ElizToepfer can you confirm if you have tried the suggestion I mentioned before? Also can you let me know what model of mobile device are you using to sync your Fitbit Versa.

If the issue continues, can you let me know which notifications are being affected? Is this happening with an app in particular or is with all notifications?

See you later and I'll be looking forward to your responses.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is now several hours after I followed the suggestions you gave, and I am still receiving multiple duplicate notifications for text messages and gmail on my Samsung S7. This sounds like a software issue that should be corrected with an update from Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have the same problem with duplicate Gmail alerts and I was wondering if it is because of Gmail Labels (if you have them setup). I have seen other apps that don't alert for messages sent to a labeled folder rather than inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my Ionic I often get multiple notifications when the Fitbit app's cache needs emptying. So clear your cache and see if it helps.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

An update.  Yesterday I did a full factory reset, and removed/reinstalled the app.  Didn't make any difference.  What is Fitbit doing to solve this issue?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem - four duplicates of the same notifications, emails, texts, etc.  Samsung S7

Best Answer
0 Votes

With all due respect @eric80233 this really sounds like a first world problem. Many of us cannot get consistent, or any notifications on our Android phones at all. I kid about the first part, I hope we are all able to resolve the notifications issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes