Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Versa include SPO2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am curious if this device contains the SPO2 sensor that is hopefully going to add to the Fitbit abilities moving forward.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey all!

I wanted to jump in and link you all to this post I made a couple of days ago. I hope it adds a bit of information regarding EOV and SpO2. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
152 REPLIES 152

Yes it does (according to the specs in the online store)

Best Answer

But, does the software support it?  The Ionic also has the sensor and was promised the software within 6 months of release, but it's not there yet.  It's past the 6 month point, now.

Best Answer

Where does it say that?  I just went to the specs tab on the page.  All of the press has said that the hardware is included, but no commitment on enabling the sensor.  Fitbit is probably still working on it.  I would not buy the device expecting this to be turned on at launch.

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/versa?color=woven-charcoal

Sensors & Components

• 3-axis accelerometer
  • 3-axis gyroscope
  • Optical heart rate monitor
  • Altimeter
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Vibration motor
  • WiFi antenna (802.11 b/g/n)
  • NFC (in special editions)

Best Answer
0 Votes

My apologies - it was the marketing page rather than the store.

SENSORS & COMPONENTS

• 3-axis accelerometer
  • 3-axis gyroscope
  • Altimeter
  • Ambient light sensor
  • SpO2 sensor
  • Vibration motor
  • Wi-Fi antenna (802.11 b/g/n)
  • NFC

Best Answer

My point is the same was said for the Ionic, when it was released, last summer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's interesting! Your link is to the UK product page and SpO2 is listed, but on the US store page it is not.  Seems like an oversight on Fitbit's part.  

Anyway, if Fitbit was planning to release this soon I'd imagine they'd be advertising it more.  I wouldnt make a purchasing decision based on SpO2, because I'm not sure if and when they'll actually let users leverage it.

Best Answer

I became aware of the release of the Versa from an article in the mainstream media - not directly from fitbit - and it noted the SpO2 and talked about it being used to improve sleep analysis and even help people with sleep apnea.

I think at this point they had better support it (or change their messaging, like yesterday).

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- Yes, Fitbit Versa includes a relative SpO2 sensor. In the future, this sensor could give consumers the opportunity to identify potential health issues like sleep apnea. We are still exploring how this could manifest in the consumer experience, but such technology would use this sensor.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

The spanish page doesn't include it neither Smiley Indifferent

Sensores y componentes
  • Acelerómetro de tres ejes
  • Giroscopio de tres ejes.
  • Monitor óptico del ritmo cardiaco
  • Altímetro
  • Sensor de luz ambiental
  • Motor de vibración
  • Antena wifi (802.11 b/g/n)
  • Near field communication (NFC)
Best Answer
0 Votes

SpO2 is listed on the product page:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 3.31.20 PM.png^^^^^^^^^ right there in left column, near bottom

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

It says the sensor is there, no where does it say it does anything, yet.  The Ionic is in the same boat.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Where does it say that?  I just went to the specs tab on the page.  All of the press has said that the hardware is included, but no commitment on enabling the sensor.  Fitbit is probably still working on it.  I would not buy the device expecting this to be turned on at launch.

Sensors & Components

• 3-axis accelerometer
  • 3-axis gyroscope
  • Altimeter
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Vibration motor

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/versa

Under specs you can check for yourself

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone -- Yes, Fitbit Versa includes a relative SpO2 sensor. In the future, this sensor could give consumers the opportunity to identify potential health issues like sleep apnea. We are still exploring how this could manifest in the consumer experience, but such technology would use this sensor.

It could manifest exactly as you suggested, which was the selling point for me: Measuring blood oxygox levels during activities or sleep. No need to over complicate this. Record stats and buzz when level is to low. Why hold it back?

Best Answer

@DrVikTroll wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Sensors & Components

• 3-axis accelerometer
  • 3-axis gyroscope
  • Altimeter
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Vibration motor

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/versa

Under specs you can check for yourself

Lol you realize my post is a month old and they obviously added it since then right? The info I posted was direct copy/paste.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Select region Europe (other)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would actually be very interested in using this sensor

Best Answer
All of us.
So Fitbit should finally enable programmers by unlocking the **ahem** API for
it.
Best Answer

Seems silly to me not activating the sensor for general readings, even if not using it for anything to do with sleep apnoea to start with. Even my phone measures my SP02 on demand. Unless the sensors don't work as accurately as they'd like and they're trying to fudge it with software...

Best Answer

I think they are trying to figure out what to do with it.  They don’t want any liability hanging on it.  It’s the old this is not a medical device thing. 

Best Answer