Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa short battery life....

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have received my Versa Thursday and after 2 hours of charging it. The battery got drained within 6 hours. I have charge it on a PC. last night, slept with the watch to wake up to see my watch is down to 0%. Any other user having this problem? Should I waiy for an update to correct that or its a harware problem. Thank you for your answers.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
589 REPLIES 589

Try restarting it a few times and that may fix it. If it doesnt I think you should contact support. It should last longer than that (link in my signature ) Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Mines went from Monday afternoon to last night before going on the charger. I would definitely call support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you been using it a ton and downloading stuff? That will drain the battery pretty quick

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge it in a wall socket, not through a PC.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer

I am having similar issues with mine. Received it on Thursday. Battery not lasting more than 1 day on a full charge. Going to give it a few days to assess further before contacting support.

Best Answer

My versa is unable to be more charge than 99% on a wall -usb charger. I teied all of the tips that was suggested on this wall/forum. I will keep it on tonight to calculate the drop from 99% at 2200 to 0800. More to follow

Best Answer

I would talk to support and ask them, you may have gotten a defected one. This is the only bad reason for getting them earlier, they may not work as well. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Want Spotify for Versa? Click Here to Vote!

Click Here to Vote for Low Power Mode!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer

I am having the same issue.

To test it I first reset the watch as recommended in this thread, then I turned off everything (always connected, notifications, heart rate etc) dimmed it to lowest setting, reverted to a standard fitbit clock face and then left the watch sat on my desk so it wasn't being used at all. From 100% charged at 10am it is now 55% charged at 14:50pm. So almost half battery gone with no usage at all in 4.5hours.

I have charged it from the wall and from pc and neither made any difference to how long it lasted. I have just contacted help desk so will see what they say and report back.

Best Answer

I fully charged mine late Friday night; around 10:00 pm eastern. It's currently a little before 2:00 pm Sunday and it's at 58%. Yours definitely shouldn't be dying that fast.

Best Answer

I have just heard back from support:

"As a reminder, the following are some factors that have an impact on the battery life of your Versa and may cause your battery to drain more quickly:

• Having All-Day-Sync enabled.
  • Frequently checking the Fitbit app, which syncs your device.
  • Frequently checking your stats.
  • Using GPS exercises.
  • Using Screen Wake. 

For more information about how to improve battery life for your specific device, please refer to the following help article Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life With this in mind, let's do the battery drain test in order to diagnose the battery issue:

1. Keep the clock face made by Fitbit.
  2. In case you haven't done so, please remove all the third party apps. This is only for the course of the troubleshooting.
  3. Fully charge your device.
  4. Sync your device 5-6 times a day.
  5. Wear your device until it is fully depleted.

When the battery is completely drained, meaning that your device is no longer responsive and you no longer see the low battery indicator, let us know the day you fully charged your device and the day it was fully depleted. With this information, we’ll be able to better research how long your device's battery is lasting and how is behaving"

Not ideal but its a start I suppose.

Best Answer

My versa charged on wall overnight and drained down rather quickly day 2 and it's ready for a charge 😞

Best Answer

Have exactly the same issue, battery doesnt last 24hr on minumal usage. I contacted fitbit support and after a little bit of investigation on their behalf, they will send me a replacement

Best Answer

Same problem here. I Charged it yesterday at 6 pm and today at 10 am it' gone already.

Alltime sync is active (and I want to keep it!)

And I have some strange issue at night, see: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Versa-display-activity-while-sleep/td-p/2640649/jump-to/first-...

Best Answer

I did not look through every post, so apologizes if this has been asked. 

Whah are you seeing in battery life? I charged mine Monday when I got it and synced it. I the charged it last night and put it on at 6 am. It’s 9 pm and I’m down to 70%.

Just curious if that is what others are seeing. 

Thanks. 

moderator edit: edited topic for clarity

Best Answer

After three full days of use mine was at 37% . That was with a lot of playing with it

Best Answer

After 3 full days, I am at 43%, regular usage (time check, weather, barcodes app, E-trade, text/whatsapp/email/calendar notifications). I like it so far, I think I can stretch it to 5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was at 37% after three full days and I played with it quite a bit. Lots of clock faces

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

After 27ish hours, I’m down to 62%. And that’s not even with a workout. Just standard use. I don’t have all day sync on. Am I missing something that it’s draining faster?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 12h I'm down to zero. I think something is wrong with my device. Hope the support will help.

Best Answer