Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip battery draining issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone currently having issues with battery draining on a Fitbit Zip? Mine is a real problem and currently the batteries are lasting several DAYS only! I previously contacted Customer support and my issue was not resolved they just said they weren't aware of this issue with anyone else using a Samsung Galaxy android phone. I have to get this sorted it is costing me an arm and a leg. Surely the issue isn't the phone anyway, the battery is showing empty on the actual Zip not just on the App.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121
Yes! I did all those as well. Also cleaned inside of Fitbit with a q-tip ! So far so good ! Thanks !!

Sent from my Deborah’s iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks , but I got sick of dealing with it. I bought a inspire. I liked the zip and Fitbit 1 because of the clip on features only.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too got sick of dealing with it and bought an Inspire.  Have only had it a few days so withholding judgment.  You can also buy the clips so that it can be worn on a waistband like the Zip.

My zip turned out to be more than just a battery issue; it just died, stopped working all together.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue - last battery lasted 4 months and this one didn't even last a month.  What's up?

Best Answer

My zip is draining battery in 24 hours after I replace one

Best Answer

@Rmcash strange. Perhaps try a better brand of batteries? Mine go for several weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought cheap generic and followed the cleaning of inside of the Fitbit. Also deleted and reinstalled app per other recommendations. I’m not having any issues. Battery is doing great. Think I’m in week 10.

Sent from my Deborah’s iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had some luck extending the battery life by pulling up slightly 0n the connection arm that connects the zip the battery, also gently cleaned the inside of the unit, hope that helps.
Warren Shafer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having exactly the same issue.  Batteries lasting only DAYS and goes from 70% to 15% in one day.  Fitbit please fix this issue.  I can't afford new batteries every week.

Best Answer

Same exact thing here.

Best Answer
I think they want to discontinue the zip. Hopefully this won't happen. I
love the ZIP!
sciencetch
Best Answer
I had some improvements by cleaning the battery compartment and lifting the spring up gently-so far so good

Warren Shafer
619 606 8938
Best Answer
Hello Warren,
I have done those things in the past as well. Good work! Where do you live?
My boss is getting me an essential employee paperwork so I can go to work.
I was kinda looking forward to staying at home, but I don't have that much
vacation or sick leave left. I work in a lab at the university and they
require you keep essential employee paperwork on you at all times. Because
the university is on lock down.

I am wondering if this is the end times.

Vanda Baker
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was thinking the same thing. Want to force us to buy the wrist version.
I love my zip and don't want to change. Just want to stop buying batteries
so often!!

Joan Guyette
Best Answer
I’ve been fine since I reinstalled app, cleaned inside of zip and bought cheap batteries off of amazon. On month 4 of new battery.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Try blowing out the battery case and cleaning the outside of the battery. You could also gently raise the connecting metal piece.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did try to clean out the battery case and moved the metal spring up a bit.
Didn't work. But I will try again. Thanks.

Joan Guyette
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using the exact same ECR2025 3V Lithium Engergizers in a 5 pack and my zip is still showing low battery after only a few days.

Best Answer

I just had a thought (rare for me. no just joking). What if we all unplug the dongle until you are actually on the computer. When your computer use is done, unplug the dongle. Maybe all that connecting is the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes