Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zip is not working after I replaced the battery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I replaced my battery my fitbit doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
66 REPLIES 66
The one that's with the red line on first pic. I probably pulled it to hard. Or it was to frágil. Sorry now situation is worst. 😞
I'll just let it dye if it happens, cause eventually it will happen.

Thank you anyway
😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All... I had this same issue with 2 batteries.
Solutions:  I bent the connector and reinserted the battery.  I had all OLD data.
after I sync'd with my iphone app, the zipbit reset itself to current day/steps.
~N

Best Answer
Oh. That's nice. Yours worked, I did the same thing but mine broke, I'm just using my app cause I'm so use to it I just don't want to quit using it I might have to buy one but they're kinda expensive Have a good day
Best Answer
You as well

Sent from Dr Nadine's iPhone
Best Answer

@Nam71429 & @DrNadine111 thanks for the updates! 

Now, I'd like to invite you guys to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food! Heart

Hope to see you around more often. 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I had the same issue, and I could feel the battery wasn't very secure. So I stuck a piece of paper in behind it to "push" it into the casing. Voila! It worked!!

Best Answer

That worked for me too. 

Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @MemphisQueen! @GaryIM I'm so happy to read this worked for you guys! Thank you for sharing the great news with the rest of the community. 

Feel free to post back if you encounter any other issue with your trackers. I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cost me a dime - but great hack idea! My fitbit is back to fully operational.  Thanks

Best Answer

A new battery is showing ‘low’ - have I put it in wrong

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like a lot of people are having zip issues. I never really had problems with mine but now that I have a charge 2 I don’t do much with my zip anymore. I know zips go through a lot of batteries.

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there guys!

@jw72 awesome news. I'm happy to read that your Zip is back on track. Way to go!

@Mtft2 welcome aboard! You have t place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door. Hope this helps. Keep me posted!

@Atomic77 Zip trackers are warriors that's for sure! Wow, a Charge 2? That's really nice! I also use my Charge 2 but my Zip will always have a special place in my heart. Smiley Happy Heart

Feel free to post back guys! 

Best Answer

Thanks.  That worked for me!! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Szonia! Great to hear that you are back on track! 🙂 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more!

Give it a look! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still does not work and have tried all of the advice that is talked about on here. 

It still does not work.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @woodey2! I appreciate all the time and effort you have invested to solve this. To better assist you, I have some questions:

• Is your Zip showing something on the screen?
  • Is the Zip's battery still charged? 
  • Is it giving you an error message?

I look forward for your reply! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing just happened to me.  I got it to work by folding a small piece of paper and placing it over the +side then put the cover on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @Chrism5825! Thansk for sharing your experience and the suggested troubleshoot. Sharing tips and tricks is beneficial for other users that might experience a similar situation. 

If you are still experiencing an issue with your Zip, you might want to verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed here.

Keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer

Followed the directions about adjusting the side tab and it worked. 

Thank You

Best Answer

Hi @KayTay01! You're welcome. It is always a pleasure take care of our happy Fitbitters. Please feel free to come back at any time, our desire is to take care of each one of the members of our family. Heart

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer