Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery drain after iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

I've merged a few posts together because we received several reports of battery draining for Zip users on iOS after the 2.39 update. Our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. Once I receive an update from them I will update this thread and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Also note, we have had reports that turning off all-day-sync has helped as a workaround and worth a try until this issue is resolved. 

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
175 REPLIES 175
I have fixed my problem. The battery I have had in since last week that was showing medium life is now showing FULL!! I disabled all unnecessary apps for my Zip and changed sharing from Public to Private. I did log out of my app on my iPad and logged in to website from my computer. Today I had to login to my app on my IPad and bingo battery that was almost empty shows FULL.
Glad I only threw out three batteries before investigating all my settings with the Fitbit updates that have come through. My ZIP IS GOOD! 😊

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Very good news! My new battery is now a week old and holding since i shut off the options on my app also. Glad this is working for y'all!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TomH63  and @Deberswhls

What applications did you turn off? I only have three showing. 

-Fitbit Web Applicarion

-Fitbit for iPhone

-Vitality (an app for work to count my steps towards benefits)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone, We are currently looking into an issue that is causing a battery drain since the latest iOS update. This may be affecting some of you. I'll update this thread when I hear more, and you can also follow this thread.  Thanks very much for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
In the fit bit app. Turn off all day sync and the always connected settings

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I shut off all except for weight watchers that I use.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called customer service about my issue and explained my problem and that
I have been replacing the battery everyday and yes, the battery is
installed properly and yes, the arrows line up on the back correctly and
yes my app is updated! They offered to replace my Fitbit zip or give the
option of another Fitbit for 50% off price. I decided to go with the Fitbit
Charge 2! Will see how it goes! I see it has been shipped and I should get
it in 2 more days per FedEx tracking! 👏👏👏
Best Answer

Yes I was offered the same a few days after I posted on here so very impressed with their customer service - I've stuck with the fit bit (and replacement here already) though I may live to regret this but hopefully not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. I replaced my battery Sunday, today is Friday and the battery is done. I'm averaging 1 1/2 batteries a week. My first zip (which got broken) never had this issue. What the heck?!

Best Answer
Thanks for the info! Planning to call this weekend. I went to the battery store and they confirmed that the zip is draining my brand new batteries.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope the new one works out!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone and am having the same issue with battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. When I got this Zip about 6 months ago the battery lasted about 4 months. I replaced that battery and within 2 months it was red. I replaced with a new battery 5 days ago and now l have a red bar. This was a new battery purchase that still has 5 years on life. What do I need to do?

Best Answer

Your not alone,  Fitbit will try to help u

Best Answer
Thanks what do you suggest I do?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I sent an email to Fitbit support and they helped me fix it or if it doesn't work they will ask u several question to see if u qualify for a replacement and u/ them go from there.  They are. Dry helpful

Best Answer

The general feeling here (primarily my experience) is that the 2032 battery performs better than the 2025.  What experience have the other Zip users had with the 2032?  Have you found it to provide longer life?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to me as well after 2 days of battery use. This is so frustrating. It never happened before. I can't tell you how many batteries I've gone through. They replaced my last zip and two days later the new zip was dead. I believe  they have a bad batch of Zip's.:(

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine lasts 2 days as well:(

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called and they told me it was a software issue. The said sending me a new zip wouldn't fix the problem. They said that they were working on an update to the app to fix the problem. This was about a week ago. I see on the App Store that there was an update that came out on Monday, so we might be safe to put in a new battery now. Going to try tomorrow. Good luck! 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes