Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing after the update to Android 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband and I updated our Pixel 2 phones yesterday to Android 9.  Now our fitbits won't sync.  Any tips for this new version?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
111 REPLIES 111

@YojanaFitbit I don’t need apologies.  I would like a refund or a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notice that Fitbit has been.....to be nice....quiet, and not responding to this issue any longer.  Again, that is NOT good customer service...

Please give us a "decent" update to the status of getting this fixed.

Best Answer

I am losing my interest in FitBit because of said issue. Fix it to keep me. Thinking about going Apple

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Motorola Z3 (android 9.0) will only sync with my Zip after removing and replacing the battery. And \maybe a few more times after that but will eventually go away. It still works fine with my deactivated Motorola Z Droid with Android 8.0. Maybe its time to change to something else.

Best Answer

Chatted with support.  Take the zip battery out and put it back in.  Mine synced asap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep that works for a little while. In half hour or more it wont work anymore. You have to take the battery out again to get it to sync. So right now I do it once every day or two to get it too sync. This is a pain. I am sure the cover is going wear out or break having to remove every time I want to sync.

Best Answer

It must be nice to work for Fitbit...You get paid even when you're not doing your job and resolving year-old issues. I'm buying another brand of fitness tracker, and lodging a complaint with the BBB.

I hope Fitbit goes out of business, because they don't stand by their products and they recommend "solutions" that are no better than plugging a leaky dam with a piece of gum.

Pass this on, @YojanaFitbit , since your superiors obviously aren't listening to their customers.

Best Answer

It is sad that Fit Bit refused to remedy this long standing software problem. I am very disappointed with this company. I used to rave about them to every one. No more 🙁

Best Answer

Thanks...it's been so frustrating.  I thought I had to toss my Zip...

Best Answer

OMG. I can't with Fitbit Support. Someone from their special complaint team reached out to me regarding my BBB complaint, and referred me to the troubleshooting tips. ARE YOU FOR REAL RIGHT NOW?

Oh, and then they told me that my Fitbit has been restarting every day...Well, duh! That's the garbage "solution" that we were given.

I am livid.

Best Answer

Hey at least you got a response back.  I still am waiting.... closing in on a year

Best Answer

I think alot of us should report this to the Better Business Bureau!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely... Complaining to the BBB makes it harder for Fitbit to hide.

Best Answer

I've been managing by syncing to Windows.  It's a pain, but I get along.

If we really want to make an impact, in addition to reaching out to the BBB, I'd suggest...

1) write letters to the James Park (CEO).  It's likely that he is not aware of this egregious situation.  Then again, the stock is way down since 2015, so he might have even more important issues on his mind.  It is hard to believe that much could be more important than this, but...

2) get on social media

3) write letters to papers

4) show up the the annual meeting of the corp behind fitbit and ask public questions.   Alas though, you will need to buy some stock first. 'stock in a company that we believe has poor service.  It might not be a good investment.

5) build a competitive offering... but if FitBit is down so much in the last few years, you might not do much better, so it might not be a great investment of your time.

There are a few other options possible, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Best Answer

Honestly I don't get it.  WHY is there still no fix?  The Pixel 2 using the latest Android system should be perfectly suited to use NFC or Bluetooth like every other cell phone.  I can understand a glitch in the first week or so but this is over a year or more.  There are other step counters out there and I just don't see how I can trust FitBit again in the future.  All the materials showed this was compatible when I bought it.

Best Answer

I lost my zip on a hike this last weekend and started looking at other options for a replacement since the sync issue hasn't been resolved; but then noticed that the zip wasn't even on the fitbit website anymore. Seems they stopped selling them several months ago and instead have indicated that the inspire (with an optional clip to wear it in rather than the bracelet it comes with) is the replacement. 

It would have been nice if one of the moderators would have pointed out that they stopped selling the zip when that happened. There were plenty of opportunities over the last several months as more people posted to this thread about the zip not syncing.

Best Answer
I heard the inspire is also not syncing!!!Can anyone verify this?Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s comical at this point. I’ve been asking for a representative to contact me or at least not putty a cookie cutter answer in this group for months and have gotten nothing.

Best Answer
However, based on the extremely poor customer service, I have chosen to
switch to Garmin instead.
Best Answer

I have wondered from the beginning if this would end with the discontinuation of the zip. Low profit margin and all that.  I have chatted with support multiple times and the only thing they would say is we are working on it. Today my zip synced the whole day, so I thought it was fixed....but now it has stopped.  The customer service from Fitbit has SUCKED.  I hate to reward them with buying another device. But one service rep I talked to did say the problem affected all Fitbit devices....so that sucks.  So very disappointed in every aspect of how Fitbit has handled this.  They have done NOTHING right.

Best Answer