Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing after the update to Android 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband and I updated our Pixel 2 phones yesterday to Android 9.  Now our fitbits won't sync.  Any tips for this new version?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
111 REPLIES 111
I was considering buying a smart watch and smart scale for Prime Day..  
Some of the FitBit models sounded interesting, but I decided not to buy
FitBit because of their inability to make my Zip work with my phone as
we've discussed here.  'pity.
Best Answer

The inspire I got yesterday synced all day without an issue and is still syncing this morning. I'm running Android 9 on a Pixel 2. 

Best Answer

Just ran into this issue with my Zip after upgrading to a new phone. 😞  Any update from FitBit on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still nothing has been done. Ridiculous!!!

Best Answer

Lol good one

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Moto Z3 had a security update on Sept 11. I can now sync to my Fitbit zip all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! I have lost count of how many times I have restarted the Zip, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app - all the things suggested. Nothing works. And the Zip is the only product that will work for me as I am not able to use my arms for walking/running, so step counter worn on my body is my only option. Shame that Fitbit doesnt recognise that not everyone wants a wearable watch type counter. I have a Charge also, but it only counts about one in 5 to one in 10 steps 😞 I suspect that they are hoping we will all give up and they can sell us something else 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I changed over to Garmin VivoFit3 and it syncs perfectly AND it has a belt
clip accessory. No more FitBit.

BTW, FitBit got on my Twitter and tried to say the sync problem was
because I must have installed the battery wrong. LAME
Best Answer

That's a good hint thank you. BTW, amazingly within the past few minutes it has miraculously synced!! Wonder how long this will last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It took a year to resolve, but I'm happy to report that my Fitbit Zip is now syncing regularly with the app.  It's been syncing fine for about a week.  Thanks to 'Jogger" for bringing this to my attention. I had given up and uninstalled the app.  I think the last security update to Android 10 did the trick.  I'm up and running for over a week now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working now too... has been for a couple of weeks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good for you. My is still not working. It did for maybe a day...but back to not syncing nowSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes