Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497
Totally agree it’s unacceptable on threads I’ve looked at issues with the zip go back three years. I’m baffled that they are still selling the zip with no warning about compatibility on phones. But then again it wouldn’t be a great selling point!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't sync but once a day or twice at most. I agree that the time it's
taken to fix is crazy. I don't want the fancy watch it's more then I need.
This seemed like the perfect answer.
Best Answer

Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am synced with my I-Phone and I have to say, over the past two months, I have NOT had to change my battery and it is still showing full charge.
Best Answer
0 Votes
So what are you going to do about all the defective ones that are out there?
Can we get a credit toward another device?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeeSchu that's good news, thanks for sharing

@Trisha66 it looks like you had a case back in December addressing this. You can follow up on that email, or if you like I can create another case for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have always synced to a computer and yet still go through at least a battery a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gweb if you are using Fitbit Connect I don't think this issue should affect you, even on a Mac. Is the battery properly aligned, as mentioned in this post

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same with me!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been running into this for the past 6 to 8 months and it is getting to be quite an annoyance. I am about ready to give up on using a zip and the iOS app. I haven’t had the all day sync on at all during that time. It seems that I am changing the battery every month and even when I change it the iOS app shows it half depleted within a week of changing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just deleted my app on my phone. We’ll see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks.  I assume that means you are no longer synching your Zip to your iPhone; only to your computer.  Is that correct?  What's weird is that my Zip doesn't show a low battery; only the iPhone app.  Sometimes it actually drops to red indicating battery depleted, but my zip indicates a full battery.  I think there is actually a problem with the battery indicator connection between the zip and the IOS app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's correct -- I am no longer syncing -- which sort of defeats the
purpose.... And yes the Iphone app actually depletes the battery. When I
was synced to the app my battery drained down in less than a week.
Best Answer

I have had my new Zip, the replacement they sent me, for 11 days. 

The battery is still full, knock on wood, and All Day Sych is off.

I don’t sync on my computer but when I tap it to wake it it syncs.

I check through the App on my iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @JaneAZ@debleo, @SunsetRunner, and @caroljj53! Thanks for all your feedback and your patience with the issue you are experiencing. As stated above by @KateFitbit if you are not using the an iOS device, and you are experiencing any difficulty with your battery make sure to follow the suggested workaround here.

If you are using an iOS device, double check that you have All Day Syncing disabled. As suggested in the main post here. Or, in the meantime you can use an alternative compatible Android device or computer to sync. 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

i find that my Surface, Zip and phone always have something different for the battery life. I don't get it and it's pretty annoying that Fitbit can't figure this out

Best Answer
Hello,

What is the point of having an IOS app if it doesn't work with (and actually causes problems with) a Fitbit device?  I just ordered a half dozen batteries for my Fitbit Zip since I am going through at least one each month.  I even ordered a new Zip a few months ago thinking that it was the device and not the app that was causing the problem, but that didn't seem to be the case either.  I prefer the Zip to the other Fitbit devices due to its size and the fact that I can "wear" it inconspicuously every day.  I don't want to have something on my wrist.  Is this battery drain problem solely with the Zip device?

Thanks,

Deb Johnson

Durham, NC

Best Answer

Am replying to this post to agree with and address a number of issues raised on this forum:

-- The IOS app explanation (excuse?) seems inappropriate to me.  I have similar issues syncing with my Windows 10 PC (sometimes the battery icon indicates low charge, sometimes not and sometimes the icon is correct and sometimes it isn't).  Also, I have no plans to haul my Dell All-in-One PC with me on vacation to track my hiking steps so that I can earn rewards through a health program I'm participating in.

-- If you scan other Fitbit product forums, you will see that the battery and syncing problems are shared with the Charge, Alta and One even though they may have different types of batteries and charging systems from the Zip.  Not so much with the Flex.

-- The suggestion to play with the spring in the Zip battery case to ensure it is properly seated is a joke.  I was told to pull it out (didn't help) and see that others were told to push it in (apparently also didn't help).

-- While there may, indeed, be an incompatibility between the IOS app and updates and Fitbit products, it behooves Fitbit to either develop a workaround NOW or stop marketing their products as compatible with iPhones.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This post is 100% on point. It is time for Fitbit to step-up and correct the problems or state that it does not work with iOS products. Great Post!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I'm finding that my Zip battery isn't draining, it's just not reading the charge properly. It goes from half full to empty and back to full again on a regular basis. FYI.

Best Answer