Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

this is the exact same issue i'm having. 

Best Answer
Me too, but my first battery that came with the zip wore out in only 2 months, I am now on my 2nd battery and its been about 2 months so fingers crossed it will last longer this time. So far Fitbit IOS app is showing a full battery all the time (all day sync has always been turned off since day 1).
Best Answer
I just had to replace my battery yet again. I will say that this will be
the last battery I will put in my zip. I'm living on a fixed income and
just can't afford to put new batteries in my zip sometimes twice a
week.Nothing I can do has helped so I will call my daughter (she bought the
Zip for me) and ask her what she would like me to do with it. She worked
with Fitbit help for hours while I was in Michigan last June to no avail
and I dare say I've bought numerous new batteries since then. So as soon
as this one goes (put in this morning, March 29, 2018, I will be leaving
the Fitbit family. Thanks to all for trying to help. I certainly can't
afford to buy one, whether it be the zip or something else. Nice meeting
you all and hope you have a much better luck with your Fitbit than I have.
Claudia Commans
Best Answer

I put a Brand New Battery in my Zip last night because all of a sudden, it went from full charge to no charge on the device itself (the IOS app was still at half charge since it hadn't synced since that time).  Once the new battery was in and the device synced with the app, all looked good.  This morning the device and the app showed full charge.  Now, all of a sudden, the device is still at full charge (at least it isn't displaying the half charge or no charge icon) and the IOS app shows half charge.  Really!?  Not even 24 hours with a new battery . . .

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had much better luck with the battery since I quit syncing to my
iphone but still sync to my computer. I put a new battery in about 1 seek
ago and it's still full -- not ideal (since I can't sync to my phone) but
hopefully it will hold the battery life longer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! Thanks everyone for your comments regarding the issue you are experiencing. We are really sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to get you back on track soon.

At the moment, if you are using an iOS device the best option is to follow the suggestions on this post. Or, to use an alternative compatible Android device or computer to sync. 

If you are using an Android or Windows device, and you followed the suggested workaround here with no avail please let me know so I can be of help. 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This post started months ago. It's embarrassing that Fitbit reps are only replying now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Cheery and clueless, they obviously have absolutely no idea what the users feel, the expense and the inconvenience their company is causing. Fitbit, as a company is a complete bust as far as I am concerned.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree. Loved the product initially but can’t believe they can’t figure out how to fix the iPhone issue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Fitbit

I have had some success with turning off all day sync, but my last battery only lasted one week.  It was a high quality (read that as expensive) battery.  It is so frustrating that you put no effort into your customers.  I have a Zip and a Blaze.  It's not an insignificant investment and all I want is to not have to spend so much on batteries and not to lose days of activity. Seriously, can't you do better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thanks for sharing your input about this. Rest assured that we are taking all your feedback in to consideration and we hope to get you back on track soon.

We'd like to share with you that our engineering team is still working to solve this as soon as possible. In the meantime, I'd like to kindly suggest you to turn off the All Day Sync feature. To disable All Day Sync on your app. You need to go to account, then tap the picture of your tracker and scroll down and disable this option.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
This only works some of the time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the same response Fitbit has provided for months. Clearly they have no solutions. Maybe they need a new engineering team if they really want to fix this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I hate to burst the bubble here but I was sent my new Zip in early March, after complaining to the company. I have been using it since March 15 and the battery is still full.

I had only had my Zip for a few months which is why they sent me a new one....plus I was insistent and annoyed. 

Best Answer
Too late. Just bought a Garmin. Goodbye Fitbit. I am actually insulted that you put something on the market with false promises (the battery lasting 6 months) and then refusing to refund money. I don't need 3 Zips that don't work.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
Hello,

Last night, my 2-week old battery, that had been at half full/half empty
since the day after I installed it, went to zero and then completely
drained. I only sync my zip with my iPhone several times a day (the
all0day sync has been off for more than a year when I first started having
this problem). We'll see how long I'll get to enjoy seeing the "green full
charge" icon on my iPhone app. My guess is it won't be more than a week.

I don't understand why they can't figure this out. I have been using a zip
and the iPhone app for several years and I didn't use to have these battery
issues. My battery typically lasted 6 months at that time; now I'm lucky
to get 6 weeks out of a battery. They can stop telling us that the
"workaround" is to turn off the all-day sync-that isn't the problem nor
does it do anything to fix the problem.

--
Deb Johnson
Best Answer

Lucy:

Who is on the team resolving this How many people, working how many hours, reporting what to whom, what has been resolved so far?  Advising manually synching your phone or  bending the battery connection up or down for almost 6 months hardly validates your comment that Fitbit is diligently working on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes I am -should not have to think about synching on and off.

Going to get a Garmin and call it good

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

This only works some of the time.  It makes no sense, but I have been following this suggestion for months.  Sometimes a battery will last 1-2 months.  My last new battery lasted 1 week.  1 week!  Jeez. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My battery has been good in my Zip for 2 months now. The previous battery lasted that long as well. I only sync every couple of days and only on my iPad. That’s not how I wanted to use the Zip, but it saves $$ on batteries. I hope they get this figured out soon. In the meantime if anyone finds an alternative that isn’t a wristband, please post.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer