Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection found" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit Zip. As of a few hours ago, it has not synced. When I try to sync manually, the Fitbit Connect ap says "No internet connection found. Please check your network connection." It does so even though I am connected (I'm writing this even as I get the message).

I've searched the forum, and though many people report this problem, none of the solutions offered apply.

I'm on a laptop, running windows 10. I ask it to check if the Fitbit Connect i up to date, and it does claim to be (version 1.0.3.5512).

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Okay; I am not liking the app, which seemed to have a fair amount of trouble detecting the zip, and which did not seem to able to sync unless I changed my DNS lookup server manually.

I went to fitbit.com/start, and forced the download of fitbit connect for PC by clicking on the PC under the "Download from the Windows Store" button (since it automatically detected I'm on Windows 10). That took me to an almost identical screen which now has a button that says "Download for Windows".

I downloaded this Fitbit Connect. The version is 2.0.1.6742, as opposed to version 1.0.3.5512 which I was running previously.

I disconnected the dongle, and installed. Then I connected the dongle and clicked on the icon on the tray to start Connect. I immediately said that it was "updating", and not to disconnect the dongle. I'm guessing it was updating the dongle, as other posters have indicated.

After it updated the dongle, it synced normally. It seems to be syncinc now. I will wait to see if it syncs without my having to force it manually (which was my big problem with the app). If it does, I will mark this as the accepted answer.

UPDATE: Yes, it updated by itself.

I think the key is the update of the dongle. This gets done by the new connect, version 2. If you're running a version 1, like I was, I'd suggest uninstalling, unplug the dongle, download and install new version, plug in the dongle, and let it update it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

I am having the same issue.  On Wednesday, 7/20/2016, I synced with no problems.  I have been using fitbit zip for 3 years now and have had no problems.  Yesterday, Thursday, 7/21/2016, I tried syncing and I also get "No internet connection found" but I do have internet connection as I am writing on this post and have checked email,etc. 

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with Internet Explorer as my browser.  Please help.  I use fitbit Zip for our wellness program at work and I need to get my steps synced.  Please help. 

Best Answer

I am having same problem.  Have owned my ZIP for several years and it stopped syncing about 7:11pm on 7/21/2016.  What's the story?

Best Answer

I forgot to mention, I'm running windows7 on a DELL XPS.

Best Answer

Same goes for our 2 Zips. Stopped syncing at 1:36 PM July 21 central time. I can't find a solution to the problem of "no internet." Obviously we have a connection. I did chat with a representative but she said to login at a later time. It has been over 17 hours! 

Best Answer

ditto, I have had my fitbit for 3 yers, no connectivity issues.  Today it won't sync as it says I am not connected to the internet.  What gives?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Fitbit One. Hope to see a solution posted here soon!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Please fix!

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me on 7/21, at 7:00 Pm, my fitbit of 3 years stopped syncing.  I hope this gets resolved soon!

Best Answer

Good to hear this apparently is a common problem  . . . I guess (!).  Mine won't sync either today after using it for nearly 2 years.

Best Answer

same problem here.  laptop running windows 10 and i have latest fitbit version.  my android tablet also will not sync.  i unistalled and then re-installed on android, it synced one time, now refuses to sync.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit one, so I know this isn't for 'my' product, but I wanted to comment because I am having the same exact problem- it's telling me no internet connection found.  Obviously, I'm on the internet now, so it's definitely on their end.  I am hopeful they will figure it out with enough of us complaining..

Best Answer
To everyone who has replied, I got onto the 'chat' feature and reported
this. My data has gone to their engineering area. Here's hoping something
will happen. The number of people having this problem is rediculous.

--

Judy Denberg plus
Polar - RN, CGC
Monty - CGC, NA, NAJ, OA, OAJ, AXJ

At the Rainbow Bridge:
Summer - CGC, NA, NAJ, OAJ, AXJ, THD
Best Answer
I had a voice chat and also sent in data. They know there is a problem at their end
Best Answer
I went on "chat" last night and nothing has happen yet. I was simply told
to login later.
Best Answer

Same problem.  I restarted the zip by taking out the battery.  When I went back to my site the steps for today had recorded.  However, I am still getting the "no internet connection found" message when I click on the fitbit icon.  I guess I will just wait awhile and hopefully it will get sorted out.

Best Answer

To all of you with the problem "no internet connection found":  I just had a very helpful conversation with a Fitbit staffer. After installing the updated program and completing all of the suggestions on my computer, nothing worked. I was asked to install the Fitbit app on my iPhone to rule out a problem with the tracker. It worked perfectly. The conclusion was that the dongle is no longer working. She is going to send me a replacement dongle in the mail. This is great news. But apparently I would have been able to just use my iPhone to capture and forward the data also. So there are two options for all of you with this problem. Many thanks to Manilyn O at Fitbit!

Best Answer

Just finished a support chat. Was told "the tech support staff will now transferring this to the higher department to be able to further investigate and to resolve this issue." Interestingly, during the first support chat, the chat crashed and displayed a message that "the connection to the server failed". Seems like a clear indication of where to look for the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad you've solved the problem for your use, but this is useless to me and I don't buy the explanation. I tried a separate dongle that I got a couple of weeks ago (as a replacement for one that I later found), and neither worked. The app *is* detecting the dongle, it's just not connecting to the server. In addition, as I don't have a cell-phone, your solution does not work for me at all; nor should I be required to have a cell-phone to sync.

Best Answer

me too - dongle is recognized in a different computer. USB works with other devices.

Best Answer