Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add exercise option missing from app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the new update yesterday I cannot add exercise manually.  The + button next to exercise has vanished!  Please bring it back!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Yes, that is the case.  If your question is why, nobody here knows why, but at least you know how to add exercise now.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

What happened to the + on Today?  Put it back please.

Best Answer
Thanks. Just making sure it wasn’t just mine! Never understood why they update apps and take things away instead of improving it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yes!! Why did they decide to change this? The + sign made it easy for me to quickly log my workouts. Now I have to go through needless extra steps. Please, change it back!

Best Answer

I sure hope the + symbol gets added back. It seems unusual to make it more difficult and less intuitive to use a feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't work!  The new interface is awful!!!  I can't stand it.  I hate the new way it reports sleep and I hate the lack of a grid of icons and I hate that I can't log exercises on my phone.  Get your act together!!!  

Best Answer

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can add it on the computer "Log" page but not on your phone.  The app developers need to go back to school or talk to real users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you access "help" it says you can tap on the exercise button to log exercise, but you can't.  I hope you at least fix this very quickly.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has also happened to me on my inspire hq ... I’ve restarted it, but tried to change settings and nothing! I need to log reformer Pilates and a yoga session that the Fitbit doesn’t pick up ... any tips?! Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Removing the “+” could be Fitbit’s way off stopping the app crashing when users try to add exercise.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am able to tap on the exercise icon (the one that says I’ve exercises 4 out 5 days or whatever I’ve done) then tap the stopwatch icon in the upper right corner.  Then I can choose log or track (track gives me the option I’m used to seeing where I can start and stop my “GPS” and track my walk). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great thats done it! Thank you x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well apparently it was a glitch cause the symbol is back today 🤷‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

Mine has come back now.  But not through an update. So that’s very strange.  Prior to this I was able to add by clicking on the exercise tile and then clicking on the new clock icon.  Also, moderator, I do not appreciate my original post being edited, particularly with over use of exclamation marks.  It makes me seem like an over excited tween. Which I most certainly am not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I so agree!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So make sure you VOTE!  See reply from FitBit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here in the Community Forums, and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Fitbit app, as well for the steps tried on your own. I see where you're coming from about the (+) sign not showing up on the Fitbit app to log your exercises, and be sure that your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

I've been informed that this was a bug experienced on the Fitbit app, and as of today you should start seeing the (+) sign next to the exercise tile as it was before. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation caused you, and we appreciated your patience. Also, if you've not done so make sure to update the Fitbit app to the latest version to ensure it's performance.

By the way, I moved your post to this new thread in the iOS board, so we can keep our forums organized.

If you need anything else, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer

I am glad this is back, but Fitbit need to be more forthcoming with their changes in updates.

Best Answer

Hi @AndreaBunnie, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved for you. Thank you for your time and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes