Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542

Well said I had a few Fitbit s on my shopping list over Christmas but this has made a huge difference to my Thoughts , what a Huge dissapointment  it would be to give gifts that don’t work 

Spoiler

Best Answer
Same; 2.43 (iOS) seems to treat me better. Let's hope this time it sticks 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

If Fitbit does not stop asking me to login every day I am going to quit using it.. soooo irritating.  Specially as they keep saying wrong password then after five tries it works... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Helenbornholdt Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I moved your post to this official thread regarding what you are experiencing. 

Please keep an eye on this thread for updates regarding this. The last update was 5 days ago.

See you around.

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

After updating to the latest release on my Iphone 5s running 11.2.1 IOS, so far so good.  I've gone 5 days without being logged out.  Fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

I know this was a long time coming, thanks for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Nope. Updated the app to latest version. It’s still logging me out on a daily basis 

Best Answer

Nope, not resolved for me. Updated the app to the most recent version. It's still logging me out, too. 

Best Answer

Nope.  I've been at V. 2.43 for several days.  Still had to log in this morning.  

Best Answer

Same here still being logged out 😱😱

Best Answer

@Viv22@Mathpup@Meryyl, @SunsetRunner - I'm really sorry to hear this and have reported this to our team. I'm going to take the resolve notice down until I have verification that there is a fix available for all. Thanks very much for your reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Well, logging-out problem has been 3 months. I has been checking Appstore to see every update of fitbit. Unfortunately, none of them works for me (iPhone 6s plus) and I'm so tired of this.

All I want to say is that, why you don't roll back to the old version. Maybe you add new features, though I don't notice much. The point is that all the features are useless if users don't use them, which is now what I do.

3 months, nearly 10,000 views, and 450 relies of this post, but still no fix. Yes, I know you are always keep saying you are working on it. For one month, for two months, and for 3 months? 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
I have an iPhone 6 and still have the same issue. Unfortunately with Christmas coming all my friends are dumping their Fitbit. Maybe I can too as I hardly use it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@EricLiu - Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this, unfortunately rolling back the app version is not an option at this time. There have been mitigating fixes that have helped resolve the issue for most users in the subsequent app updates. We are hoping to have it resolved for all soon. Thanks for your patience. 

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

I know this was a long time coming, thanks for your reports and patience. 

Bull Squat.

I just went to the app to see what version I have. I had to log in. I have 2.43.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do have the latest version and still have to log in several times a day. It is not resolved.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible that the problem (which I experience too) has nothing to do with Fitbit, but comes from the smartphone that cleans parts of the memory (like the Fitbit password) when that becomes full?

Best Answer
0 Votes
If that was the case it would be doing it to all my apps but fitbit is the
only one that has the issue.
--
Crystal LaClair
Director at Nerium International
Helping You To Love The Skin Your In
crystallaclair.nerium.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sort it out!  What's the point in having a fitbit if you can't monitor everything?  I can't even log  in it just times out every time.  About as useless as a chocolate fire grate but more expensive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do we get a refund for unusable products?  I can't log in at all.  Am up to date - in fact this issue only came about after an update.  Why bother having an ionic when you can't monitor things.

Where do I send it and a blaze for a refund?

Best Answer