Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not syncing because app says Bluetooth not on.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up graded to latest IOS 11 yesterday. Synced my Fitbit fine right after but when I tried to sync it last night it kept giving me the error that the Bluetooth on my iPhone 7 was not on. Turned my phone off several times. Turned the Bluetooth off & on several times, nothing. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SBG001 and @JenSC90, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Which iPhone/iPad model are you currently using? Which iOS version is your mobile device running? Have you turned off/on the Bluetooth on your device by going to Settings > Bluetooth or from the Control Center? At this moment I would like to suggest you to force-close the Fitbit app on your device by double tapping the home button on your iPhone/iPad and swiping up the app. This will close the app entirely, then open it again and check if you're still getting the same message. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

Ever since the iOS 11 upgrade, my Flex will not sync with my iPad or iPhone.  I have done the subsequent updates to iOS hoping there was a patch or fix.  I receive an error message saying my Bluetooth is not on (it is on). There are no issues with my iPad or iPhone connecting with Bluetooth headphones or speakers, so I tend to think this isn't a problem with the Bluetooth on my devices.  I have tried disabling any device that shows up under Bluetooth (none of these were an issue before).  I have gone to several boards (both Fitbit and Apple) where people had listed solutions, none of which have worked.  My iOS is up to date, and i could not find any updates for my Fitbitt.  It is odd that steps will show up on my app, but it wont allow me to sync through the app.  It shows me the Bluetooth error message.  The only way I can update my Fitbit is to use my laptop, which doesn't allow me to accept or see challenges. I previously checked my steps via the iPhone app because it is usually with me.  It isn't practical or convenient to carry a laptop around.  Another odd thing is that the steps that do show up in the app (however that is happening without Bluetooth) do not match what shows up on my laptop.  This is so frustrating.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format

Best Answer

Hello @SBG001 and @JenSC90, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Which iPhone/iPad model are you currently using? Which iOS version is your mobile device running? Have you turned off/on the Bluetooth on your device by going to Settings > Bluetooth or from the Control Center? At this moment I would like to suggest you to force-close the Fitbit app on your device by double tapping the home button on your iPhone/iPad and swiping up the app. This will close the app entirely, then open it again and check if you're still getting the same message. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
Thank you for your message. I have an iPhone 6S and an iPad Air 2, both
running iOS 11.0.3. The Fitbit Flex app is version 2.41.1 (723).

Yes I have tried this suggestion which I found on both the Apple and
Fitbit community boards. I have tried turning the Bluetooth on and off.
I’ve tried turning it off and waiting 15 seconds. I’ve tried closing down
the app completely. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I’ve
tried resetting the Fitbit. I’ve tried resetting the iPhone and iPad. I’ve
tried shutting down the devices completely and reuniting them back on. To
no avail...
Best Answer

Nice to see someone getting a reply from fitbit,

I have the same problem and done all the same things, even tried it on an android Samsung S6 and still doesn't wok..

I have been posting on another thread https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/FBBluetoothErrorDomain-error-18/td-p/2244792 and no one has come back to us on the said same problem.

I have even contacted fitbit support and they haven't done anything about it.

Best Answer

Also, I have no other Bluetooth devices connected to my iPhone or iPad. I do have 2 Tiles (which also connect to an app on my iPhone and iPad via Bluetooth), but this is nothing new. I’ve had those for a couple of years, and they’ve never interfered. After I saw on one of the community posts that other Bluetooth devices could be interfering, I put the Tiles as far away as possible while trying to troubleshoot the issues with tre Fitbit. Something changed when I installed iOS 11 and the subsequent versions.

Best Answer

Hello @SBG001, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. It's nice to see you around @Goldfish59, thanks for joining the conversation. 

@SBG001, I appreciate you have let me know the steps you've tried in order to try to resolve this issue. At this moment I will forward the information you provided to our team so they can take a better look at this, once I have more information to share with you, I'll update the thread. 

@Goldfish59, I've noticed you already have a case with Support and I was able to check that a response was sent to you just some moments ago, please check your inbox and reply to the Support email. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t restart my Charge HR either due to my button broke off several months ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have had this problem with my charge 2. I have a iphone 6s, same iOS 11.0.3. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, check Bluetooth connection to other devices etc. Is there a solution yet? 

Best Answer

I hit accept as solution on accident. The problem isn’t still not resolved. 

Best Answer

Hello @JenSC90, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to have you on board @McGr, welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

At this moment, if you're still getting the Bluetooth error in the Fitbit app, please try the following:

• Turn off Bluetooth on your iPod while the app is open, then turn it back on. (Try this multiple times) until the tracker starts syncing.
  • Force-close the app by double tapping the button on your iPod and swipe up the app. 
  • Log out from the app, restart your iPod and log back in.

Best Answer

Thank you!! It finally worked!

Best Answer

Hello @JenSC90, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved. I'm glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting this question! The exact same thing was happening to me and this solution fixed it. So grateful to have found the answer.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, I have actually deleted the app and reloaded it. Turned off my phone and re-started, and now it won’t even find my Fitbit...

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 6S Plus

IOS 11.1.1

Charge 2 version 22.55.2

Fitbit 2.42 (726)

I ran into this issues today. Phone showed that my fitbit was connected but still had no luck with it syncing. I tried restarting my phone no luck. Restarted my fitbit no luck with that as well. turned my Bluetooth off and on then launched the app again still with not luck.

I was able to get it to work with one of the solutions provided by MarcoGFitbit. With the fitbit app open I swiped up on the screen to access the control center. Turned off the Bluetooth from there closed the control center and the app was syncing at this point.

Best Answer

I'm trying to change the time zone on my Fitbit Charge HR.  Where do I go  to get directions?  Bluetooth is on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

Had the same issue and fixed it by turning off and on background app refresh from Settings > General > Background app refresh..

Best Answer

The app will not recognise my Flex 2 since the new update. I have tried: restarting my phone, turning Bluetooth on and off, deleting and reinstalling the app nothing will work can you please fix this issue. The last time my Fitbit would sync to the app was the 15th

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well, it's great to meet new people joining the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

@Boomgtx@CRSaab95 and @yildiztaner, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved, thank you for posting the steps you took in order to resolve it. 

@HotGrandma and @TSW234, if you're having trouble syncing your tracker or setting it up as a new device after removing it from the account please update the app if you haven't already. 

If you're still having trouble syncing or setting up your tracker, please follow these instructions:

• Restart your tracker
  • Restart your phone
  • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing/setup process.
  • Open the Fitbit app and pull down the screen to start a sync. 
  • If you're having trouble setting up your tracker go to Account > Set up a New Device and start the process again.

@sixthtee, please remember that even when the Fitbit tracker syncs the time you currently have on your phone when the tracker is synced, you can change the timezone on the Fitbit app by going to Account > Advance Settings. If "Set Automatically" has been selected the tracker will sync the same time indicated by the time on your phone but if you like to be more specific disable "Set Automatically" and select the time zone manually. Remember to sync your tracker afterwards to save any changes.

Best Answer