Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not syncing because app says Bluetooth not on.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up graded to latest IOS 11 yesterday. Synced my Fitbit fine right after but when I tried to sync it last night it kept giving me the error that the Bluetooth on my iPhone 7 was not on. Turned my phone off several times. Turned the Bluetooth off & on several times, nothing. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

Ok so I’ve done that but now my whole phone won’t recognise my Fitbit? 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have to turn off my iPhone and restart it each time I want it to connect with my Charge 2. This is less than ideal, anyone out there looking to buy a Charge 2 should read the thread of posts from users out there having the same issues. When Fitbit says that turning of and turning back on will fix the issue, they should add temporarily.

Moderator Edit: Format + Removed personal information

Best Answer

Hello @TSW234, thanks for taking the time to reply, it's nice to see you around too @MimfilipSmiley Happy

@TSW234, did your tracker got stuck during the setup process? Would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot of the step on which your phone is not being recognized by the Fitbit app? That will be very helpful for me to assist you further.

@Mimfilip, if after following the steps I've provided on an earlier post your tracker is still having issues when syncing, my best recommendation would be enabling All-day Sync in the Fitbit app to improve the connection between your phone and your tracker. To enable it, go to Account > Your Tracker > All-day Sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

So I recently had my Fitbit replaced by the very helpful Fitbit team, however I’m not having the same issue mentioned in this thread. The Fitbit app says “Charge 2 isn’t syncing because your phones Bluetooth is off”.... it’s not off. It’s on and in my phones Bluetooth settings it says it’s connected to my Charge 2. I’ve tried all of the suggested steps. I’ve turned Bluetooth off/on. My phone off/on. Force closed the app. Deleted/reinstalled the app etc etc etc. Honestly if it wasn’t for the great customer service team I’d have given up on Fitbit years ago as this is now my 4/5th Fitbit. Something always goes wrong- think I’m hexed when it comes to Fitbit 😂 hahahahelpmepleasehaha

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @NatalieLaurie, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you have tried in order to try to resolve this issue. At this moment and after having tried to turn off/on Bluetooth in your phone I would like to suggest you to reset the Bluetooth bond between your phone and your tracker by following these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and locate your Charge 2, then tap on it and select "Forget this Device"
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and enable All-day Sync by going to Account > Charge 2 > All-day Sync. 
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to "Pair" your tracker, please do.
  5. Then, go back to the Dashboard and try to sync your tracker.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

Turning background refresh off worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem ! 

Best Answer

How do you log out from the app.  I have the original fitbit flex and an iphone X.  It synched at 9:45 this morning.  I have changed nothing since then and I now get the looking process for synching and a periodic message that bluetooth if off, though it is on.

Please advise.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DougA8 and @Lindylou18, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. It's nice to see you around @Gophertrackshot, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

@DougA8, I'm glad your issue has now been resolved, thanks for taking the time to reply to this thread and let me know, I really appreciate it. 

@Gophertrackshot and @Lindylou18, if you're still getting the message that the Bluetooth is off when it's on, please swipe up for the Control Center to appear, then tap on the Bluetooth icon to disconnect Bluetooth, wait 2 seconds, then turn it back on. After that, pull down the screen while on the Fitbit app to force the app to start a sync, if you still see the same message, pull down again, when you release your finger, the sync will start. Now, @Gophertrackshot, in order to log out from the app, tap on the Account button on the top right corner of the screen and scroll all the way down on the next screen, you will see the option to log out from the app. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running iOS 11.2.6 with version 2.46 (744) or the Fitbit app on a iPhone 6s Plus. 

I am getting the the error message that my charge 2 could not sync because Bluetooth is not on, despite Bluetooth being on and functional. Only fix I’ve found is completely rebooting my iPhone. Is this necessary anytime I’d like to sync my fitibit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the recommendation of another contributor and simply turned my cell phone completely off and on again several times.  After doing that 5 or 6 times, my fitbit reconnected and it has worked fine since then. I am on the same iOS update as you, iPhone 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JasonPerks, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you around @Gophertrackshot, thanks for taking the time to reply and share with me the troubleshooting steps you've performed in order to resolve this issue I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

@JasonPerks, have you tried to reset the Bluetooth on your phone through Control Center? If so, please pull down the screen while on the Fitbit app several times to force the app to start a sync. If this is still not working, please try the recommendation @Gophertrackshot kindly provided.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problems as MarcoGFitbit.  Those steps worked for me, and now my Charge 2 is syncing.  Good thing, too - I was starting to feel that the maintenance on the Fitbit was using up the time I wanted to spend working out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to have done the trick. 

Weird issue though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gophertrackshot @MarcoGFitbit @EBethA Thanks! The power off and on several times seems to have done the trick. 

Weird issue though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @EBethA, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @JasonPerks, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@JasonPerks and @EBethA, I appreciate you've taken the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Having the same problem. Was working fine and now its not. I have tried the suggestions below numerous times with no success....iPhone 5S....Fitbit Charge 2......Darrell

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @darrell99, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. At this moment, my best recommendation would be to restart your phone, then open the Fitbit app and try to sync again, if this doesn't seem to work, please try the following:

1. Force-quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to your phone Settings and turn off Bluetooth from here for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on. 
  3. Open the app again and pull down the screen several times until the tracker starts to sync. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I figured it out. Bluetooth has to be turned on with the control
panel not in settings...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @darrell99, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to let me know your issue has now been resolved. Please note that if you turn off the Bluetooth through Control Center, it will only disconnect you from the current device, to restart Bluetooth you will need to turn it off/on from the phone Settings. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes