Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not syncing because app says Bluetooth not on.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up graded to latest IOS 11 yesterday. Synced my Fitbit fine right after but when I tried to sync it last night it kept giving me the error that the Bluetooth on my iPhone 7 was not on. Turned my phone off several times. Turned the Bluetooth off & on several times, nothing. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

This does work turning on and off the bluetooth on my phone but I keep getting the bluetooth message. So i have to continually repeat the on off process. Please fix in an app update.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SlimSmurf, I hope you're doing well, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining the conversation and provide your insight. Tell me, are you turning Bluetooth off/on through the Control Panel on your phone? If so, once you turn on Bluetooth here, swipe down while on the Fitbit app Dashboard to force a sync, if you get the banner again, swipe down until the tracker starts to sync.

Please note that if Bluetooth is already on when you open the app and if you have already turned it off/on, simply swipe down on the screen until the tracker starts to sync.

Thanks again for your insight, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this it has not worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Barbara63, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've taken the time to try the troubleshooting steps described earlier and let me know the result. At this moment I would like to ask you to update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet and try again. If you're still seeing the same error, please take a screenshot and reply to me with it so I can check this further. 

Thanks again for your patience, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I update the app? I removed it and reinstalled it
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

hi

i had same problem from last 5 days

i removed from app the device and i synched again

this resolved all my problems with synching.

hope if someone else have problems this will help you too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Olgens, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! I hope you're doing well @Barbara63, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Olgens, I appreciate your participation in the forums and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you took in order to resolve this issue, I'm sure these steps will be very helpful for many members facing the same situation. 

@Barbara63, please note that when you uninstall the app, the next time you install it, you will automatically be downloading the latest version. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So mine does this quite often, what I have to do is turn off my phones bluetooth go to settings on my actual Fitbit (I have a blaze) and change Bluetooth settings to pair, then I turn my phones Bluetooth on and off- blaze says it’s connected, but eventually blaze (classic) pops up and I click on that, then my Fitbit and phone get numbers on to pair it, and I simply confirm, hope this helps anyone still with this problem 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rachelxoxo, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure to welcome new members of the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your issue, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members in the Community facing the same situation. Thanks for sharing them. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all these things and it still says the Bluetooth is off. I have an iPhone 8. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue - started yesterday around 8am. I have tried everything - restarting app, restarting phone, turning Bluetooth on and off, deleting app, etc and nothing works... I also have the iPhone 8 - did you get yours working??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did! I shut my phone down completely for a few minutes and then when I started it it was working. Not sure why it worked this time since I had already shut my phone down previously.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this resolved the issue!

(devices: Alta HR on iPhone 6 iOS 11.4.1)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KelseyLynn@BPrellwitz and @CerityS, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with me and for letting me know that after restarting your phone the issue was resolved. @BPrellwitz, did it work for you too?

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there,

I had to turn off Bluetooth, delete my FITBIT app and reinstall, shut down my phone and restart. Then they connected. 

Best

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BanffMom, thanks for joining us, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to our family. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to resolve this issue on your end. I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation.

Thanks again for your participation in the forums, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still an ongoing issue for over a year now. “Surge isn’t syncing because iPhones Bluetooth is off” . It is a problem with the app, when is Fitbit going to rectify this and stop cutting and pasting generic responses?.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Raz3r, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having shared your experience. Tell me, exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried yet? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app recently as some members have recommended? This has proven to be very effective. Additionally, any more details you can provide about this issue, along with screenshots will help me check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will this bug be corrected? The app continually stops recognizing Bluetooth on my iPhone. This has been happening to people for over a year so your company obviously knows this is an ongoing problem.

Don’t tell me to turn Bluetooth off and on again, reboot, uninstall and reinstall the app, etc. It’s all nonsense. The app should work every time it’s opened without having to **ahem** around with it so much.

When will this but be corrected?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issues and have done all the same actions the others with this problem have done. (Not) Syncing with macOS Mojave Beta 10.14.6

Bluetooth is on. Says it's not. Turned on/off. It won't even charge when plugged into the port on computer. Have tried different ports. Plug into a strip power cord and it charged. The computer isn't recognizing it for some reason. The computer works fine other than that. No issues with the computer. Issue is with fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes