Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not syncing because app says Bluetooth not on.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up graded to latest IOS 11 yesterday. Synced my Fitbit fine right after but when I tried to sync it last night it kept giving me the error that the Bluetooth on my iPhone 7 was not on. Turned my phone off several times. Turned the Bluetooth off & on several times, nothing. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

I have exactly the same problem thanks for brining it up

Peter

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  After the iOS 13.1.2 update, my Fitbit is no longer synced.  I have turned Bluetooth off and on, shut the phone down, deleted the Fitbit and tried to re-establish and keep getting the message that I need to turn Bluetooth on for Fitbit to Connect to Accessories.

Best Answer

I’ve reset my phone, logged out of the Fitbit app. I still get the ‘my Bluetooth is not on when trying to sync. Have not been able to sync since 9/20 the day of iPhone updates 

Best Answer

After about 100 attempts, I was able to sync my Fitbit with my phone last night 10/6/2019).  I reinstalled the app and did a hard shut down on my phone a few times (which I had previously done many times) and was finally able to go through the set-up without the Bluetooth error message. 

Best Answer

Thank you Fitbit for trying to solve our problem. I, too, downloaded the newest version of iOS last night and now my Fitbit will not sync. It keeps saying turn Bluetooth on. Bluetooth is on I have read through the forum and I have done all of the suggested ideas and it’s still not cooperating. It really frustrates me because I wanted to know how much sleep I got last night and now I don’t know. I’ve started off the day in a cranky way and I know it’s not Fitbit’s fault. It seems to be the new iOS, but please help. 

Best Answer

This is happening to me. I have the iPhone 7 and just updated to software version 13.1.2. My Bluetooth is on and says it’s connected to my Alta HR, but the app says that Bluetooth is not connected. I have tried all suggestions I’ve seen in this post. Turning Bluetooth on and off; logging out and restarting my phone then logging back in; and force closing the app and reopening. Any other suggestions? This is quite frustrating... thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me too! Thanks a million

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got it working again. I had to in Bluetooth have my phone “forget “my device and then I had it unregister my Fitbit and re-register it and all of a sudden everything I had done that morning was up-to-date. Give it a try and don’t give up. It will end up working eventually if you’re determined enough

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. I tried to “forget” my device but now my Bluetooth won’t find it at all. I’m hoping a true fix comes out soon...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and done everything you did and no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so sorry to hear that. I was afraid taking those steps might cause me more problems, but for some reason it worked. I hope Fitbit/Apple find a solution that works for you. I am always afraid of whatever the new iOS updates bring with them. Usually they are more problematic than good.

Best Answer

Remove the Fitbit App from your phone then go into your App Store and download it again. Once you log in to the newly downloaded app, it will resync and refresh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I to have not been able to sync my Fitbit charge2 to my iPhone, I have done everything suggested, but to no avail very frustrating please can someone help me solve this problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All - I was having the same issue you all have described with the upgrade of my ios software.  There is now an option to allow individual apps to have access to bluetooth.  If you go to your iPhone settings, find the fitbit app and click on it, and you will see a BlueTooth option, which was disabled in my case. Simply enabling BlueTooth here resolved the issue for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
IT WORKED!!!!! Thank you so very much for that suggestion. I greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Glad to hear it. My Bluetooth was enabled when I was having issues (even though it kept saying I had to turn on Bluetooth), so I hadn’t thought of that as a solution. Happy it worked out for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Umm, don't ever buy another fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Message charge 2 not connected happens frequently. A recurring problem. Not a one time issue.

Best Answer

Go to the iPhone settings, scroll all the way down to the bottom until you find the app, select it and allow the app to access bluetooth, this should solve the problem, good luck people!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a samsung and Ive done I'll that. But thanks for posting 

Best Answer
0 Votes