Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459
The ability to sync data between the iPhone health app and Fitbit would be useful to me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

New Fitbit app version out for IOS.  Still no Healthkit. Still upset.

Best Answer

This has been going on a couple years now.  My new (non-Fitbit) tracker/watch arrives today, and is compatible both with iOS / Apple Health and Android / Google Fit out of the box.  

Best Answer
They have no plans on ever doing this I they don't want to give Apple free data as this seems to be where the market is going. DATA. Would be funny if Apple ,are a new rule that health sync was mandatory then bye bye Fitbit sales lol
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmm no way to edit previous post.
They have no plans on ever doing this as they don't want to give Apple free data. This seems to be where the market is going; DATA. Would be funny if Apple implemented a new rule that health sync was mandatory then bye bye Fitbit sales lol
Best Answer

Hi @jossef20 @freewaydiva @ken2tons @cyberjedi @danholle @waynezwor1d it is nice to have you guys in the Fitbit community with us. 

The integration of iOS health app is under consideration by the Fitbit team. I encourage you to vote for this feature here.

Hope this helps!

Carlos M | Modérateur, Fitbit

Fatigué? Astuces pour mieux dormir!

Best Answer

This feature has been requested since iOS 8. What more do you need to consider? In my opinion it is disingenuous to mislead your users. Just be honest and let people know you have no intentions to integrate at this time and that if people truly want integration there are other options out there such as Garmin, Withings, and many others.

Best Answer
Exactly what the above poster said. Fitbit is full of it. It's funny how they take the average user of this board as a gullible fool. I've been using other brands for a while now and only came back momentarily to see what the new charge is about. One star reviews and buying other brands is how the company will listen.
Best Answer

Hello Carlos,

I have voted for this feature... but not by clicking on a Fitbit website.  Instead, I powered off my Fitbit Surge and moved to another device.

That vote took 1 day and is successful.  The other kind of vote has taken over 2 years so far, and remains unsuccessful.

Fitbit's strategy to lock IN customers actually locks OUT customers who value integration and connectivity.

--- Dan  

Best Answer
I agree with Dan. I have invested several hundred dollars with Fitbit over the last several years. I am tired of waiting for full iOS integration. My next vote is to get rid of all my Fitbit products and move to products that will fully integrate.
Best Answer
Agree with Dan and ksol. I will not the products any more. Does Fitbit CS monitor and reply here. The HR and other data should sync with HealthKit. This is like Microsoft disabling Print to PDF function on a Mac.
Best Answer
I'd love HealthKit integration too. I'd think that Fitbit would want to do this because at least they won't lose Fitbit users, and they stay relevant,l by blocking other activity tracker usage
Best Answer
0 Votes

WHEN? When this will be introduced, it's definitely not rocket science to enable the sync, I just got the new Charge 2 and didn't even think that it wouldn't sync with health app - no logic at all. I see that this feature has been requested years ago now and doesn't look like it will ever get implemented.. Thinking of returning the product for that reason alone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, just set up my sweet $175 Fitbit tonight....only to hit a wall getting my heart-rate into the Apple Health app and found this forum. Fitbit is being exchanged if these sync apps don't work.
I just assumed if it had a heart-rate then Apple Health app could pick it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They keep saying "vote for this and it will get fixed," but it's literally
been years. Vote by returning your FitBit!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been a FitBit user since 2012 and I also voted for this... by stashing my fitbit away in my bathroom drawer and purchasing a brand new Apple Watch Series 2. Not only was I sick of FitBit not syncing with Apple Health Kit, I also wasn't digging being unable to have ONE device that does EVERYTHING.

Apple Watch Series 2 does it all and looks good doing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Any progress on this? If like to see it happen!
Best Answer
0 Votes

All i can think of is - they want to keep the data to themsleves, an excellent way to discourage people switching to other new activity trackers in the market which come with same features but at a fraction of it's price. And guess what - they can do all this in the name of a nice sounding (but much abused) terminology: Custoemr data privacy and security!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe Fitbit simply sold out and wishes to work with a controllable group of app developers who pay them to keep them exclusive on 'works with Fitbit'. In that case, opening up to HealthKit is like killing the goose with the golden eggs.

Not that it wouldn't make me deeply say if this was so but at least we'd be able to understand. However given the price I forked out for this gizmo compared to others that ARE working with HealthKit it seems proven that paying hefty sums doesn't get you the service you like as a customer. 😞
Best Answer
Deeply sad. Obviously.
Best Answer