Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises recorded in a different time and not showing data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 4/1/2020: For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please update your device to version 3.18. Thanks for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update: 3/5

I appreciate everyone's feedback and contributions on this thread. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to log your exercises and sleep data correctly in the Fitbit app, and thanks for the steps you've tried while troubleshooting this matter.

This issue should be resolved with the next app update which is currently rolling out and should be available to 100% soon. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitbit Update: 2/28

Hi everyone.

We're aware about the issues with the exercise data and time not being correct after syncing with the Fitbit app. Our team is currently working to identify a resolution as soon as possible to all our members. We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Please subscribe to this thread so you can receive future updates about this matter.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
465 REPLIES 465

Not sure if all watches are the same, but my Versa2 gives the map if the run is tracked via the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue except my workout times show 7am when I'm actually working out at noon.  Same issue with the heart rate data not getting recognized even though I checked my HR repeatedly during my workout and the device itself was working and tracking HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Also when I track my walk it saw not enough data alone with the wrong time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

works for me.  
I have fitbit Charge 3.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me also. When I went to the desktop and logged in I deleted the duplicate runs and when I synced the app everything was back to normal!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brian is on to something...

I’m in CA (8 hrs behind Greenwich). I tracked a walk in the app at noon that recorded as being taken at 8:00pm... Back to the Future!

I also have missing data, as others have described.

Fitbit, please fix this right away as it has far reaching impact on the tracking of user activity. This includes not only time/day of exercise (an evening walk for me will be recorded as the morning of the next day), but also heart rate data, calories burned, net daily calories, weekly exercise goals...

On a different, but possibly related coding note, Charge 3 has stopped vibrating at 10 min to the hour  to tell me to get up and finish 250 steps. This is one of my favorite features. Alarms and timer vibration work fine. 

Best Answer

Update This continues to happen every day when I try and log exercise. Despite manually entering the data (calories, time frame, type, etc) the App shows "Null" under calories burned and the heart rate. This is despite my manually entering calories and the actual heart rate being recorded for that time frame. It has seemed to correct itself later in the day and the same has occurred with the sleep times being corrected to actual bedtime and wake times. 

Best Answer

Did not work. Still says not enough info since 2/25

Best Answer
0 Votes

This all started happening with the app update. Something has changed. This is the problem with FITBIT in that it never is helpful when something goes wrong. I'm about to give up and get an apple watch. Why can't fitbit acknowledge problem and give at estimated fix.

Best Answer

This is extremely frustrating - a week now and no response from Fitbit... even just to say ‘we’re working on it’

as someone above mentioned it may be time for me to move on to a different device/company 😞

Best Answer

Similar problem with automatic tracking. GPS mapping data is five hours in the future. Rest of the stats (steps, HR, etc.) are correct time. I am USA east coast, so I think the five hours ahead might be GMT.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Logging on and syncing did not work, but I noticed the time was off on the desktop dashboard from what I logged in on the app. The app still showed the time I had manually logged my exercise which did not combine with what my FitBit automatically recorded, but the desktop dashboard showed the same activity hours later. I deleted the workout and re-entered on the desktop and it worked.

Annoying to have to log-into the desktop dashboard instead of using the app but at least I am not getting double steps logged anymore.

Elizabeth Craig
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, good morning!! My current data of my steps n distance are incorrect on Tuesday onwards , can you kindly help to resolve my problem , I have delete the apps n reinstall many times still can’t work , please advise what to do , thanks 🙏 

hi why I can’t see the distance after my exercise n it’s show nothing after I finished my exercise? Kindly help to solve my problem! Thanks

Moderator edit: merged reply
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I manually enter my exercise, it says my data is incomplete and it doesn’t record my calories burnt. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in this thread.

Thanks for taking the time to try other steps on your own, as well for sharing more details about this matter on your own. @Shetty, thanks for the screenshot provided!

I understand how important is to keep your data correctly logged in your account and I'm sorry that you're going through this experience. As mentioned before, this has been escalated to our team who are currently investigating to identify a resolution as soon as possible to all our members. While there isn't a time frame, be sure that they're working hard on this situation.

@Moog6664@Sanworth and @Shetty, I've moved your posts to this thread. That way our forums will keep being organized and you'll be able to receive updates in regards to this situation.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reply back.

Best Answer

Heart rate plotting when tracking exercise from the app is now sort of working again since Tuesday Feb 25 2020. 
I say sort of working because when I complete my walk, tap finish the display shows “Null” in the heart rate field, 0 calories and 0 steps. Then at some point several hours later what appears to be the correct data shows up. 

4CC72819-5F06-4E46-A0B9-C2B1AF8E8BE5.png

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, 

Why not make this thread sticky so that people who visited the forum will know what is the current hot topic discussed?

Best Answer

Starting from 24th Feb 2020, after I have upgraded my app to the latest version on my iOS, fitbit app faces issue of not recording the distance I have cover in my run.

The data like distance exercise laps, calories burned and steps are all not recorded. Which result in no data sync to other apps.

I would need a quick fix to this.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue since yesterday. When I manually added a workout yesterday it said Not Enough Data Available. However my steps, floors, heart rate, etc. all tracked individually during that time, it just does not translate over to my workout/exercise. And also my previously logged exercises are also showing Not Enough Data Available when they had the information before.

I have tried deleting the app off my phone, restarting my phone, re-adding, restarting my Fitbit Versa 2 all several times with no luck.

I also tried several times to delete the workout and readd, no luck. My Fitbit app, watch & phone are also both up to date to the latest version.

Best Answer

Since the last update 3 days ago - when I track my exercise I no longer have the map of my run show up or my pace listed for each mile. Also calories burned shows as “not enough information provided” right after my run then the calories burned will show up several hours later.

Best Answer