Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

Got mine sorted too - thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Saw error message today when I attempted to download update.

iOS 11.0.3

Verizon

iPhone 6

Charge. 

wiil not NYC or let me finish download. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Fitbit he charge.  I was updating the tracker as asked. I have ios11.3.  I have an apple I phone 6s.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi following an update to my tracker through the app it is not letting me use the tracker at all, it is displaying a ‘loading bar’ I have tried to restart the tracker but still displaying the bar. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if that would help but still nothing! 

I first see this message  about FBBluetoothErrorr on Thursday 26th October.

I have a charge HR

running  iOS 11.0.3

network provider is EE

is there anything I could try as I’m now left with a useless bracelet!

Thanks

Best Answer
I have the exact same issue. Useless!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same issue snd multiple resets did not work until I did the following:

- forgot the device on Fitbit app

- unpaired from my phone Bluetooth (in Bluetooth settings)

- did the reset (plug Fitbit into charger and held down button until it vibrated)

- added the device back to Fitbit app (waited a good while)

- everything was working again

- enabled Bluetooth again

hope these work for you. I hear the frustration.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have a chance look for the posting under my name and try that. You don’t want to remove your FitBit from the app and you don’t have to plug your FitBit in (unless the battery is dead) and you don’t have to reset the FitBit. I’ve posted what I did a few times. Please try it and post if it worked for you. Hoping it does.

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

i having the same problem with Charge HR.

The Charge HR update was approx half done by the progress bar, but now has an exclamation point in the middle of the progress bar and will not responding. 

Now the Charge HR is useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Dawn!! My Charge updated once I followed your instructions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
FiNd post from Dawn126 and follow her instructions. Worked for my Charge, and I am a happy camper:).

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too!!!! This was after being on a chat call for over an hour. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to go to my Bluetooth on my phone and say “forget this device”. Then I re added my Fitbit and then it updated!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Happy camper!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dawn. Thank u!!!!  U are a genius!!  This worked!  Customer service needs this information because they do not know how to fix!!   Love it ❤️

Best Answer

I saw this message 2 days ago and it has not been able to sync yet. I have the Fitbit flex. I have the iOS 11.0.1 (15A402). I have Verizon.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

First saw this error on 10/29/2017 after trying to update 

I have a Charge HR

iOS 11.0.3

Phone Provider AT&T

Best Answer
0 Votes
Look at post from dawn126. That’s what fixed mine. You need to “forget the device” on you phone app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge HR.  The error started after I tried to load the new update.  It wouldn't work.  Now I get that message and my fitbit will not connect with my Bluetooth.  Have tried a;; the suggested approaches.  I use ios11

Best Answer
Try uninstalling the app on your phone. Turn off Bluetooth. Tell Bluetooth and the app to forget this device. Re install app and try again. Mine finally worked after several tries.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Today 29 Oct 2017

Charge

IOS 11.0.2

Bell

Managed to complete update using computer and now appears to be synching with phone OK

Best Answer
0 Votes