Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641
HiTry this. Insert the fitbit base station (The small usb you got with the charge) in one port on your PC ( just forget for while your Iphone) on another usb port on the pc  insert the fitbit CHARGE Go on the base station dashboard  and just do the update from there.good luck  
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Just plaque the usb base station on one USB port and the Fitbit on an other one on your pc ( just forget your mobile for a while) Do the update from the base station dashboard it worked
Good luck

Στάλθηκε από το iPhone μου
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Just try this. Insert the usb base station ( the small usb you got with the Fitbit) on one USB port on your PC ( forget for a while your mobile)also on an other USB port plaque your Fitbit. from the base station dashboard do the update it worked
Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to update my Fitbit Charge HR last night and I am receiving this error. I have tried all the fixes and nothing works. It gets half way through the update and stops with the exclamation mark on the display screen. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
You don’t need to get a new one just try this.
On your PC (forget your mobile for while) incert the small usb base station ( you got this usb with the trucker) on the other USB port incert your tracker the same way you charge
Do the update from the base station dashboard. It take some time but it worked
Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Just try this. Insert the usb base station ( the small usb you got with the Fitbit) on one USB port on your PC ( forget for a while your mobile)also on an other USB port plaque your Fitbit. from the base station dashboard do the update it worked
Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I will give it a try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, it work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thanks I got it working with your suggestions. 

But wow it was a fight. Had to connect with my computer using the sync dongle a few times but in the end it managed to get the update finished. 

I'd be interested to hear from fitbit development team what was this all about 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for your tips, I got it working by using the physical dongle and my laptop, restarting the and replugging the thing a few times and then it got the update all the way to the end.

Best Answer

i tried your approach and I am still getting the same error message.  😞 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your help! This issue was driving me crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue, which was rsolved using the usb bluetooth dongle that is provided in the box with your Fitbit and my Mac, but as stated above this works on PC as well. It seems to be a software glitch with some bluetooth chipsets, such as the one in an old 2012 rMBP.

Recovery

1) Download and install the Fitbit application for your Mac or PC.

2) Turn off the built-in bluetooth of your Mac or PC.

3) Insert the usb bluetooth dongle that comes in the box with your Fitbit, into a USB port on your Mac or PC.

4) Launch the Fitbit application on your Mac or PC ( Note it updated the dongle ).

4) In the FitBit application, setup new device (your Fitbit) and update.

Best Answer

Bij mij doet zich nog steeds hetzelfde probleem voor, ondanks alle updates op mijn iphone 6... 

Ik krijg het niet opgelost 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed your instructions & it worked perfectly! Thank you I thought I had to buy another one but no your solution worked so good! Thanks!Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I am getting so fed up of ha OMG to delete the blue tooth connection, delete the app delete the device and reload it all again because the stupid device won’t sync or update. I am getting to the end of my tether and to top it all the replacement one they sent me has done the same as the first one and is coming apart and is now having to be glued. A friend has same model and hers is also held together with glue. Not a good advert. 

Best Answer
. I solved the issue by connecting the usb fitbit base in one port on my computer and the charge HR on other usb port on the computer. i open the dashboard on fitbit base and update from there. it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is the same I give up!

One day at a time!
Best Answer

@gingerrowell wrote:
Mine is the same I give up!

One day at a time!

Hello @gingerrowell

Before you give up, try some solutions above in message 475 and message 476. 

"Forget this device" has really helped most of us when the Fitbit stopped half way during the download. 

You also can call our customer support line as they would love to get you back tracking. 

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

My solution was to unpair/forget my HR from my iphone and pair it again and then retry to update worked fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes