Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

Thanks Lisa! It worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this solution and maybe reinstalling the app on your phone. Just a suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done absolutely everything suggested and when I put my usb drive in my computer it can not
Be found so I can not
Manually update it either.

One day at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@gingerrowell

Try our Customer Repersetive people and see if they can get you tracking again. 

See the link attached to contact them. 

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

You can call, chat, phone, twitter or email them. 

Please let us know the outcome on here. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting, it fixed it. You saved me from tossing it, that was the next step I was so frustrated. Happy Holidays.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Darn thing still not working, after following your instructions.  Any other suggestions?  Driving me crazy! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this after 48 hours of problems.  The device was making some progress but upon trying this my iPhone will no longer see the device as a Bluetooth device:-( driven mad trying to troubleshoot it. Ready to chuck this out. This is my third Fitbit in 12 months 😭😭🤯

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you also have the surge like I have. I’m about ready to return it. Don’t know if a new one will give me the same issue or not. My little flex is awesome but wanted the gps. Aarrgghhh

Beth Cantrell
Sent from Beth's IPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea I have a surge. Awful !!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hum- I’m wondering if we return them for another series. Problem is, GPS is only in surge & ionic. Ionic too big. What are your thoughts? I love my flex. Simple but works like a charm. I’m seriously looking at the charge2, but again, no GPS. 😡😡😡

Beth Cantrell
Sent from Beth's IPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m thinking a garmin at this stage😝😂😂. I don’t want to pay more to Fitbit at the moment.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting ... lemme look into that.

Thanks for the tip!

Beth Cantrell
Sent from Beth's IPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
If your fit bit model is a Charge HR then the directions should work for
you, first double check your Fitbit model. If it’s not a Charge HT, seek
directions for the appropriate model.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it’s the Surge. Ugh!

Beth Cantrell
Sent from Beth's IPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Going nowhere with support. I’d like a refund. 😝
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

After forgetting the device from bluetooth then restarting the app it immediately started loading again.

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Kate, I got the same issue with my iPhone 6 and really think that my watch was unusable.The latest Fitbit App (10/12/17) doesn’t change anything but I see that this bug was address only to Apple device. With the Android smartphone of my wife I try to configure my charge Hr on it. And then, IT’S WORK !

My watch have been updated and again  available with my iPhone.

The only issue that I have is to explain to my wife why I change all the setting of her phone...

Hope this can help, merry Christmas.

Pilou

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed mine today. Had to wait until my son came home from his Dad’s so I could use his laptop with Windows 10. Then I was able to update the tracker and load the updates. 

Basically FitBit has a problem keeping their tech sound. My IOS update couldn’t help and then any older form of Mac or Windows was unsuccessful. I hope they get their act together. I’ve been a fan for awhile and something like this - doing their job well - is more important than a new model tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have this message and also Fitbit is now stuck mid update and won’t do anything? The loading bar is half way with a !. What do I now do?

Best Answer
0 Votes