Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

I think it’s a phone issue. Don’t send back the charge 2 too quickly because you’ll love it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bsarge its not an iOS problem. It’s not a phone problem it’s a Fitbit App problem. Simple. And all fit bit keep saying is blaming the phone and iOS. Sick of it. 

Fitbit have said they are waiting for an updated App to be released, however they have declined to say how long that would be. 

I have been off for 9 days now and still no remedy of the issue. 

I have tried an iPhone without the update, I have tried an android phone and also tried an iPhone with the latest Apps and updates. It’s still no go. 

For what  @KateFitbit and the support team are doing is next to useless. 

All  I need is a reply to say when it will be resolved and then I will decide if I should  go back for a for a full refund as it’s just a useless piece of tat currently and not doing what I purchased it for.

Can’t even use it as a watch. 🙁 

Best Answer

I agree it’s a Fitbit problem. I called last week as my notifications, gps etc. we’re not working. We tried everything and nothing worked and I was told it was a glitch with the IOS update and they were working on it. Then I get an email asking if they can assist me further......really?  I responded stating that the problem was still there and I get another email with tips for solutions which we already tried.  Very frustrating. This issue needs to get resolved!

Best Answer
Maybe a stupid question but has everyone shut down then restarted their phone?? I did yesterday and everything has worked great since then.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes didn’t work for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am receiving this same error. 

1. iOS 2.41.1(723)

2. Started 10/16/17

3. Carrier is AT&T

4. Fitbit Charge HR

it says I have an update and won’t sync unless I download the update. When I try to update it gives me the error and locks the Fitbit up showing the bar that fills up as the download completes and has a   !     in the middle of it. The issue is with the update as stated in the main issue for this thread.  

Dawn Fehr
Best Answer

Also running Apple iOS 11.0.3

Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started to experience this issue today when trying to upgrade. I have Charge HR, running OS 10.3.3, Verizon

Best Answer

@sherbobwarn never a stupid question. Only stupid answers. Seem to only get them of Fitbit support, 😞

By the way, oh yes, many many times. 

I think my phone does it automatically now each time I look at it. 🙂

I wish i had had known about what silverpops had written. I believe that it would have worked but following the reset that was put on by Fitbit made the device “lock up” and will not communicate with any phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the tips. Still have the bar with the exclamation mark displaying on my Fitbit and nothing else. Going into,the 3rd week. I won't be getting another Fitbit because of this terrible customer service!!

Best Answer
Today I did the following and it worked. I have an Apple iPhone running 11.0.3 iOS.

1. Went into settings on my phone and under Bluetooth I clicked on the Fitbit and selected “remove item”

2. Then turn your Bluetooth off. If you turn it back on ensure that you do not select your FitBit.

3. Went into the Fitbit app and had my Fitbit next to me and it updated and is working fine. I did Not have to reset my Fitbit.

Hopefully this helps others.

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have the iPhone 6s and latest update on app my surge won’t sync with app despite turning Bluetooth on and off. Bluetooth says surge is connected but app keeps saying it’s looking for watch. This has happened periodically over past 4 weeks each time I have deleted the app and reinstalled seems to sort it, but it’s really frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. 

I went for it it and installed my iOS update. 😞 

So it killed the Bluetooth connection and refused to syn and connect to the App. 

D3D4BADF-2C41-4D96-9B18-8865BD259E56.jpeg

I resolved this by;

clicked forget device on Bluetooth 

switched bluetooth of

switched phone off

restarted me Fitbit (Blaze)

restarted my phone

switched Bluetooth back on

started Fitbit App

lhone asked to pair and accepted. 

Now fully working again.

Best Answer

Using today for the first time in awhile and Charge HR wont sync to iPhone 6s using iOS 11.03 on Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just noticed that my iPhone is no longer syncing with my Surge.  Last date of a sync was 10-19.  I am on AT&T, my iPhone model is ME507LL/A, and running version 10.3.3 iOS.  Phone shows that it is connected to the surge but when I try to sync the arrows rotate and the activity bar creeps to about half way across the stream and then disappears.  I am not seeing the Bluetooth error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First noticed issue of not updating on September 14, 2016.

I own the Blaze

iOS 11.0.3

Im with Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SWO_53 Fair comment actually. 

I haven’t had the error code since the first initial problem. 

Since then it’s  never been up. 

So I wonder if everyone now isn’t getting this error code problem?  Just a connection problem like my last issue after updating iOS firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi can someone form Fitbit actually reply with a solution, Mines still under warranty so at what point to we go and get a new one! really frustrated about no action. reading the thread your customers are finding their own solutions ( none have worked for me ) which they shouldn't really have to do.

Whats going on??????? 

Best Answer

@Counties I agree totally. 

I have the the same issue. My device is 8 weeks old and been asking what we do with it. 

Im sure that if the warranty had run out by a week they would say it’s no longer under warranty. However mine hasn’t been working for over a week already. Terrible service and I’m sure my next move will be to take it back under warranty.

I’m sure if everyone did the same then they would step up and do something about it. 

I have asked time and time again as to when is it going to be resolved but don’t get a reply as they “skirt” around it and don’t answer. 

Even with my issue logged they don’t get back to you via e mail either so don’t hold your breath and expect it to be a great customer service as it’s wont be. 

With mine I know it’s not an iOS problem as I have tried it on an Android Phone. So it’s the device and how on Earth they trying an app update will resolve it when the device won’t connect to ANY phone.

but do they listen. NO. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
yep incredibly frustrating!!!

This message and any attachments is intended solely for the
individual(s) and entity(s) addressed. It is confidential and may
contain legally privileged information. The use, copying or
distribution of this message or any information it contains, by
anyone other than the addressee, is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender. The
mailbox address from which this message has been sent is for
business mail only. Mail sent to it may be subject to security