Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

1. First saw this error when I upgraded to iPhone 8 Plus

2. iPhone 8 Plus

3. Version 11.0.3

4. AT&T 

my fitbit has not been able to connect to my phones Bluetooth since I upgraded to this new phone. My Blaze does not show the accurate day or time. I would appreciate some help with this. None of my other wireless devices had an issue syncing to the new phone. I have tried restarting my Blaze as well as deleting the Fitbit app and reinstalling several times. Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone 🙂

I had the same issue and gabe up on FitBit to get back and did seem to resolve the issue between my iPhone and my Fitbit Charge HR. I spent some time and this is what I did to get it to work:

1. Go into settings on your iPhone and select Bluetooth

2. Look on the list of devices and see if the Charge HR (or your specific device) is listed. If it is select the device and choose “forget this device”.

3. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone

4. Have your FitBit in hand. Open the FitBit app on your iPhone and as it syncs it should tell you that there is an update for it. You have to select update now and this should end up downloading the new updated software as well as sync with your Charge HR. This may take a little while.

*Note*
If the update doesn’t download the first time, definitely try it again as it may be stuck from the previous time.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Good luck !🙂

Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my Fitbit doesn’t load as an available device in my Bluetooth so I can’t even delete it. I’ve tried just about everything but nothing works. I’ll continue to read articles to see if there is something I missed. *sigh*

Diane Carl
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I keep getting this message when trying to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very frustrated, updated my iphone 6 to latest iOS11.0.3.  I keep getting FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 on my Blaze!   I have tried to delete my app, re-install, restart my tracker, and nothing is working!  Any luck on getting it to update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a different but maybe related problem.

I have an iphone 7 running iOS 11.0.3 with fitbit app version 2.41.1

The app was working fine yesterday, but today, I get an error message that say Flex is not syncing because iPhone's bluetooth is off.   My bluetooth isn't off and I was able to connect to another device.

I tried restarting the phone and deleting and reinstalling the app.  Nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here and they have no idea what to do. Super annoying and now it’s just a waste of money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue. Here is what I did to get it to work:

1. Go into settings on your iPhone and select Bluetooth

2. Look on the list of devices and see if the Charge HR is listed. If it is select the device and choose “forget this device”.

3. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone

4. Have your FitBit in hand. Open the FitBit app on your iPhone and as it syncs it should tell you that there is an update. You have to select update now and this should end up downloading the new software as well as sync with your Charge HR. This may take a little while.

*Note*
If the update doesn’t download the first time, definitely try it again as it may be stuck from the previous time.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Good luck !🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
Thank you. I’ve done this exact thing probably 20 times. However I figured what the hell, I’ll try it once more. Low and behold it worked. FitBit told me I was the “first person in world to complain to them about this issue & they were 100% unaware of it”. I told them they’d better fix it or I was going to throw this piece of plastic in the trash and buy an iWatch.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Dawn,

I saw your message from before, but Charge HR has never been listed as a device under Bluetooth.

I have turned off and on Bluetouch as you said and have never been asked to update.

I also have an IPAD running on iOS 10.3.3.  The fitbit app works fine on it, and again Charge HR has never been listed under Bluetooth on my IPAD.  

If I were to guess, the fitbit iPhone problem has to due with an incompatibility between the current version of the fitbit app and the most recent iPhone operating system iOS 11.0.3.  It can't be fix until, fitbit fixes it's app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK I just got it work.

Here is what I did.

1) I turned off bluetooth.

2) Opened the app.

3) Got the error message saying bluetooth is off.

4) Pressed on the error message and  a popup message came up "Turn on Bluetooth to Allow "Fitbit to Connect to Accessories"

5) Pressed Settings in the popup message which took me to Bluetooth

6) Turned on Blue tooth

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine didn’t say Charge either. I’m assuming Dawn had a charge. I personally have a Blaze. Just contact the FitBit help desk and tell them you’re switching to an iWatch and miraculously your app/FitBit will sync and you’ll be back to normal.

🍻 and thanks Dawn

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that. No go. I’ve had iPhones and Fitbit for years without issues. All of a sudden I get the new iPhone 8 Plus and there is a problem. I’m thinking it’s the phone. Really irritated right now!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine says error domain error 3. Must be another problem!! No luck with anything I try. Time to get support involved.

Diane Carl
Best Answer
0 Votes
Your post got me thinking. I have an iPad but never use it for my Fitbit. I logged onto to the app on the iPad. Low and behold it syncs fine there!! At least I now have the correct date and time and my steps will be recorded! Could care less what device it’s on. Gotta be the phone or the update. My iPad is running on 11.0.2.
Thanks for the tip!
Diane Carl
Best Answer
0 Votes

Truly plugging it in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are very welcome. I’m happy it worked for you. 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sorry. This fixed the connection between the iPhone and any model of FitBit. I sent what I did to a couple of people and thankfully it works.

So your FitBit isn’t showing an exclamation mark in the middle? Mine did and when I went to the app on my iPhone and it tried to synchronize it started and then in small words on he upper left of the screen it said something like “syncing” and then would flash “update available”. Then at the bottom of that screen it says next and you hit that and then on the next screen you hit where it says update, it tries and then you get the FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18. So it won’t update FitBit and locks it up. The app on the iPhone still works fine when this happens. I deselected my Charge from the BlueTooth choices, turned the Bluetooth completely off and then went back through the process of syncing and doing the update. Perhaps after you turn your Bluetooth off restart your iPad and then go into the Fitbit app and go through the sync and update process.

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated my ios to 11 and my ChargeHR said I needed to update my tracker.  I have tried to update it yesterday and I get the same Bluetooth error message and the tracker is now stuck and is not working at all (I am with vodaphone).  Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have never had issues before either. I have some people responding to me with some things they have tried. I’m more than happy to forward them to you if you would like.

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes