Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

Thanks,

i agree about being “motivational” , I do not do what I know I should, But Don’t ,

jim

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is that I enjoy a challenge and am a bit OCD: smileyhappy:.   My husband is always telling me not to run for long because I have had two operations on my left knee because of a skiing accident.   But,  I would not run for so long if it hurt or I was tied.   I also love doing other sports and few miles sea kayaking is great for my arms.   adrenaline makes me feel better and I am happy when I get back with my clothes heavy with sweat!  Yes, Sad I know LOL.   My husband also enjoys exercising hard so most of the time he is motivational.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spot on. Remove blaze from blue tooth, turn blue tooth off, delete app, turn blue tooth back on, acquire app again and this time it will update Kev 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It all sounds great, especially the kayaking!

Sent from my iPhone

UPDATE:

Dear Kev,
I’m going to try it right NOW!
Jim

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jimthemovieguy and @Maleka58, thank for replying, I hope you're both doing well. It's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community @kevblaze, thanks for the insight and for sharing your troubleshooting steps, I really appreciate it. 

@jimthemovieguy, please keep me updated and let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue after trying @kevblaze troubleshooting steps. 

@Maleka58, would it be possible for your to reply to me with a screenshot of the error you're getting? That will be very helpful for me to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Can i ever be removed from this thread ?? Please !!

DANORA Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Error now sorted so cant send screen shot

Sorry

Kev.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Mr. Kev,
The “error ‘18’” has not been resolved! Please send the Screen Shot, I have lost the Hour Glass, however the 50/50
Scale is still there,
Jim

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry but this event was so long ago I do not know how I fixed it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Phyllis,

Thank You so much for the follow through.  I sent You another reply, alas it was deemed “against policy”,

jim

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why??? I want to know what it was 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would Love to know myself. What is up with Error 18, does anyone KNOW?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@DANORA, If you would like to stop receiving updates from this thread, please scroll all the way up and click on the gear icon to the right of the right of the title of the thread then, on the drop-down menu that appears click on Unsubscribe.

Unsubscribe.PNG

@jimthemovieguy, thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer

Dear Marco,

First let me Thank You for Your diligence and follow through.  My problem still exists, the watch I’m sorry to say is in my drawer,  however I do feel supported.  For the life of me, I can not understand why “error 18”, comes up but what is it referring to,

jim

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jimthemovieguy, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply again. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've kept me updated about this situation. I've noticed our Support Team provided you some more tips in how to handle this situation. Have you tried them yet? If so, please reply to them as they will handle your case from now on. 

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting FB bluetoothconnection error 8 ... returning it as none of the troubleshooting steps helped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aji3, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I've reached out our Support Team and it seems you have already created a case with them and have reached the same decision to return the device. 

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you and we're sorry you had to return your device. If there's anything else we can do for you, feel free to reply, we'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I have no idea what you are talking about. I’ve visited the forum today but
never posted on it. I have never had a Fitbit charge 3.

Thanks

John
Best Answer
0 Votes

FINALLY.  I was finally able to sync my Charge 2. I have an iPhone 8 and when I went into Settings, my Bluetooth was turned on and it showed that it was connected to FitBit.  But whenever I attempted to sync, I received an error message that it was not connected to Bluetooth.  I turned bluetooth on/off, hit the "forget this device" and nothing worked.

Finally, I went into the FitBit App settings on my iPhone.  NOT the iPhone Settings but the FitBit App settings.  When I opened up the App settings, sure enough, it showed that bluetooth was turned off.  Once I turned it on, problem solved.

Not sure what caused it to be turned off in the first place but finally able to sync.  

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue has NOT been resolved. I’m just that inept at navigating this message board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes