Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

Thank you so much for your advice.  It worked instantly, and now it has updated completely.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this ... worked perfectly for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update stalled for at least 20 minutes before an exclamation appeared on the screen of my fitbit, indicating a problem.  I followed these instructions and the update not only resumed, it's almost finished!

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JoyNOLA@amdolan@AnitaC1 and @melaine713, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've taken the time to let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you so very much!

Best Answer

Hello @JoyNOLA, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

You're very welcome, I'm very glad your issue has been resolved. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

We tried all solutions on our iPad from forgetting the device in Bluetooth, turning it off to restarting the Fitbit and even factory resetting. Nothing worked and there was still that obnoxious half-way full line on my non-responsive Fitbit. I had to call Customer Support and talked to Christina. She was wonderful and very helpful. She walked me through the process again, with an added action of logging out from my account in the app. This time it worked! You actually have to LOG OUT of your account in the app to make all of the suggestions here work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi on my Bluetooth it won’t let me forget the device so I can’t do it 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really would recommend contacting FitBit. You can do text chats online if you don’t want to ring them direct. They are really helpful and will talk you through how to solve your problem.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey now,  Ive got the same problem.  I have just now turned off "Bluetooth", and the only difference between the two of us is that I use Verizon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MichelleHelen @dohasj and @jimthemovieguy, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Joy56, thanks for your insight. Smiley Happy

@dohasj, I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know you've contacted our Support Team and described the troubleshooting steps they recommended you, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved. 

@jimthemovieguy and @MichelleHelen, when you mention the Bluetooth on your phone doesn't let you forget your Fitbit device, are you receiving an error message? Have you restarted your phone and tried to remove the tracker again? If so, please let me know and reply to me with a screenshot of any error message you're getting, that will be very helpful for me.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

It works, thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RobinRambarin, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm really glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had an error updating Gps run.   very exasperating as you cannot add this info manually with map etc as far as I am aware!

Best Answer

Me as well.  Please figure this out Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn’t work for me. Since the Bluetooth & update error, my app can’t even discover or add my charge2. It’s like it’s invisible 

Best Answer

Hello @jimthemovieguy and @Maleka58, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you around @MissiMel, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Maleka58, would it be possible for you to let me know the exact error you're getting when trying to perform a GPS run? A screenshot will be very helpful for me to check this situation further.

@jimthemovieguy, are you having trouble with GPS as @Maleka58 or are you still experiencing the Errro 18? Would you be so kind to let me know exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? That will be very helpful for me to determine which troubleshooting steps we should take next.

@MissiMel, Are you still experiencing this issue? For what I've seen in others replies from you, this issue has now been resolved on your side, if not, please let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add, feel free to do so! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry but it was so long ago that I had this problem I do not recall the error, or what I did to correct it. I do remember that I did not sync my Fitbit for weeks, and perhaps it was just taking time to update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the “Follow Through”. Yes I still have the error 18 notice. The small scale, half and half with the hour glass in the middle. What steps to rectify the issue. Charge, attempt sync, on iTunes with Mac Book Pro., that’s it.
Jim
Sent from my iPhone

UPDATE:

Dear Phyllis,
Thanks for the follow through! I just stopped wearing my Fitbit because I just could not get it to work. I must say however I was a few pounds lighter than I am now. If I don’t get credit for the hour long walk, see it, journal it,
I don’t do it,
Jim

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am really sorry as I don’t know I have the problem myself. I know Apple
did an update recently and it does make me wonder if it was anything to do
with it. I am just a little frustrated as when using the GPS to track me,
and although I could see on a tiny little screen on the dashboard page I
cannot open it it just says error. I have tried just about everything
everybody has suggested on these pages resetting etc. etc. but nothing
seems to work! Very frustrating! If you do hear of any other ideas also