Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to wear charge. How do I add steps tracked on my iPhone?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Now and again I rush off to work without my Fitbit. How can I add steps tracked by other devices into the app, so that I have a better idea of calories I can consume?
Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @FitBritUSA! You can manually add an activity so you wont miss any information that your tracker didn't recorded. Here you can find the instructions for that: How do I log or record an activity when I didn't wear my tracker?

I hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

No steps will be given from manually recording a activity (credit is given by having burned calories from having done a activity), only steps tracked by your tracker do count towards the daily steps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Welcome to the Community @FitBritUSA! You can manually add an activity so you wont miss any information that your tracker didn't recorded. Here you can find the instructions for that: How do I log or record an activity when I didn't wear my tracker?

I hope this helps!

Best Answer

No steps will be given from manually recording a activity (credit is given by having burned calories from having done a activity), only steps tracked by your tracker do count towards the daily steps.

Best Answer

I have the same issue too. Unfortunately this does not actually solve the problem. As noted in the comments Activities do not count towards steps taken. Seems like there should be a way to manually input steps taken.

Best Answer

I just ran into the same problem too, tracker actually went low battery mid workout so I threw it on the charger for 90 mins after (pretty cool that the app alerts you when the tracker is fully charged btw) but lost over 1100 steps in that timeframe according to my iPhone. 

Now I'm going to lose a daily showdown haha 

Best Answer
I just "lost" 6000 steps on my treadmill desk. The Fitbit wristband doesn't count steps on my treadmill desk when I am working on my computer - hands resting on keyboard. I forgot to move the Fitbit to my ankles, where I tuck it into my socks, and it counts steps.

How do I know how many steps I "lost"? My LifeSpan treadmill has its own step counter.
Best Answer

My mistake: It turns out that I can log an "Activity", and if the activity type is "Walking", I have the optioon to add a step count.

But it seems that this can only be done from the nwebpage.  Not from the iPhone app.

Best Answer

Can add steps via actvities on my iPhone6+ via a webbrowser. Painful on a phone, but doable.

It's a vain hope that phone app and web page would have same functionality.

Annoying to have to use an "Activity".  In fact, I just used this as an opportunity to remove all other "Activities" logged by FitBit, since so sporadic as not to be useful.  Some had been added by hand via other apps such as Optimized - which I gave up using because it is too annoying to have to enter things by hand that should be automatically logged.  Some had been synched, e.g. via MyFitnessPal or RunKeeper, which I think managed to synch from fitness trackers that automatically log such things.

This is one place where Jawbone beats FitBit: Jawbone automatically figures out where there is a pattern of activity consistent with a workout, and asks you ... well, I will quote 

http://www.stylenik.com/page/8/

I’m particularly impressed with the workout logging function of the UP MOVE because if I forget to click my device beforehand, when I log on to the UP App, it greets me with: “It looks like you were really moving.” I’m like: “Thanks for noticing!” I can then let the app know what I was doing and how hard I was working and it estimates the number of calories I burned.

It sure would be nice if FitBit had a similar "autodiscover" feature.  

I also wish that FitBit allowed me to add a note to an "Activity".  Like "I was walking on a treadmill desk and the FitBit on my wrist failed to count steps."

Also, can create a "Custom Activity", like "Treadmill Desk".  But then do not get option of adding steps, only distance.

Best Answer

You can log an activity...and select "steps" instead of the distance and it WILL add it to your steps.

Best Answer

Turning a bug into a feature:  When I ride my motorcycle, it runs up the step count quickly.  The solution to the "motorcycle steps aren't real" problem is to specify that time period as activity "riding" and the steps are nulled.  The opposite could work, too, by going for a short bike ride while wearing the Fitbit.  Stop when you've reached the desired number of steps and push the motorcycle homeward.  😉

Best Answer
I cannot see any way to do that. All I get are calories no option to covert to steps.
Best Answer

Log on using desktop. Go to "log", then "activities", then click on the first square which is walk, then under "distance"...change miles to steps. Finally, hit "log"

Best Answer
Got it thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

EDIT: My mistake, I logged the exercise time wrong, it works now. Ignore my text below...

What happens to me when I do this is that the total step amount of that particular workout, say "walking 7pm - 8pm", ends up as the total step amount of the whole day. So - if before my walking exercise the count for the day was 5500 steps and I add a 6500 step walk workout, the total of the day is now 6500 instead of 11500. It ignores everything I have done earlier that day. How irritating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

EDIT: My mistake, I logged the exercise time wrong, it works now. Ignore my text below...

Hello Peter, 

I apologize for writing this twice, I wrote this same question below to someone else. I thought that replying a fitbit moderator might get me a better answer. Here is what I wrote:

"What happens to me when I do this is that the total step amount of that particular workout, say "walking 7pm - 8pm", ends up as the total step amount of the whole day. So - if before my walking exercise the count for the day was 5500 steps and I add a 6500 step walk workout, the total of the day is now 6500 instead of 11500. It ignores everything I have done earlier that day."

I have Fitbit Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it will, but it will then obliterate everything that you had in that day before you log that number. I lost over 4,000 steps that I'd already synced by manually logging those steps.  So, had to go back in an manually log those 4,000 added to the ones I manually logged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Izzybell!  That worked for my Flex and it gave me credit for the steps!  Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

This is the first real answer to the question of how to add steps!  Thanks!  

Best Answer

In the app it only has distance in miles or km not steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a bit tricky I admit that but this is how (as explained by another poster earlier)

Log on using desktop. Go to "log", then "activities", then click on the first square which is walk, then under "distance"...change miles to steps. Finally, hit "log"

In the Log Activities, there are four icons in the bottom left, Walking, Running, Swimming and Biking. Click on the first one, walking .. then you can change to steps.   It took me a long time to figure this out! 

Best Answer