Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR won’t sync after iOS 13.4.1 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the iOS on my iPhone 11 to 13.4.1 and since then my InspireHR won’t sync to the app. I’ve tried turning off Bluetooth, deleting and restarting the app, restarting the device, restarting my phone, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app and nothing works. 

When I got to “add new device” my app is able to find the device, but once it gets to the screen where it says “connecting device” it simply circles forever. Yesterday I let it sit for over an hour, and it never actually connected. Any advice?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kboyer08. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Inspire HR stopped syncing with your iPhone 11 after iOS 13.4.1 update. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. I recommend doing the following:

- Open Settings app on phone

- Scroll down, tap Fitbit -> Toggle Location to 'Always'

- Ensure toggles next to Bluetooth and Background App Refresh are turned "On"

You can confirm our complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Keep me posted on the outcome, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with an Alta HR - deleted and now cannot re-pair. Advice above has not resolved issue. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @v2t2.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're unable to re-pair your Alta HR tracker. I appreciate your efforts and recommend following the steps from this help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same issue and my Fitbit won’t sync to app. This doesn’t work! 

Best Answer

Same issue. My Inspire HR won’t sync after installing the iOS 13.4.1 update.

I’ve tried force quitting the FitBit app, turning Bluetooth off and on, restarting my iPhone, restarting my FitBit device, and logging in on other platforms (laptop, iPad), all several times. I removed my old FitBit device from my Bluetooth list. (My old device did not show up on the FitBit app.) My Inspire HR does show up on the FitBit app but there is no firmwear  update option and it will not sync. 

The FitBit app settings are all as you suggested (location always on, Bluetooth on, background app refresh on) and this has always been the case.

Clearly the issue is on your end. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Miranda31019 @Nitzschia

@Miranda31019 thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. 

I totally understand how you are feeling. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

@Nitzschia I am sorry to hear your Inspire HR won’t sync after installing the iOS 13.4.1 update. 

Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. I understand your concern and since the steps you tried didn't help, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer

I’ve got exactly the same problem and I’ve tried everything that everybody else has tried as well. My Fitbit Inspire HR won’t pair with my iPhone since I updated its software to iOS 13.4.1. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app; switched Bluetooth on and off;  switched my iphone on and off; Logged into my Fitbit account and it shows that my inspire HR is recognised/logged but it still won’t recognise it. Please help!

Best Answer

I have had the same problem, I’ve done all things that have been suggested as well.

i had a virtual chat with customer service today but the problem isn’t resolved.

is Fitbit looking into this??

Best Answer

I’ve just completed full troubleshooting with customer support and with no success. Until Fitbit create a fix the app won’t work. Very disappointing.

Best Answer
I guess we just keep hassling customer support. It’s very disappointing!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Is Fitbit going to look into this issue. It is obviously a problem on Fitbit’s end????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer support has not yet reached out to me regarding this issue. 

Best Answer

I have a case reference number from when I spoke with them yesterday, I call them again today.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue! I'd like to sync to the app and continue tracking sleep and workouts.. The Fitbit is now just good for telling time 🙈 Hope it's resolved soon, it is a bit frustrating that it's taking so long. 

Best Answer

Me too! I’ve tried absolutely everything suggested in this thread and nothing has worked. Will Fitbit please have the courtesy to at least acknowledge that this is an issue and that they are working on it? 

Best Answer

I, too, had an iPhone update that has left my Fitbit unable to pair. I have also tried all the patches and fixes. Nothing works. An update from Fitbit would be quite welcome. 

Best Answer

Same issue with my Alta Fitbit. I tried all of the steps suggested — rebooting and restarting everything, turning off bluetooth to other devices. All a waste of time. This is smelling like a bug with the Fitbit interface to the new iPhone OS. Please let us know when this is fixed. For now, I won't be using my Fitbit nor wasting any more time with it. Very disappointing.

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me after updating iPhone 7 to 13.4.1. After checking for solutions, turning phone off, reinstalling app, turning off Bluetooth etc, as well as changing settings, I called. We went though what I had already done then I was told to turn off Fitbit by placing on charging device and holding for 8 seconds until the smiley face appeared. 

THAT WORKED!!  

If all else fails turn OFF.  I just had not turned off the Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it worked for you.  Sadly not for me

Best Answer