Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR won’t sync after iOS 13.4.1 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the iOS on my iPhone 11 to 13.4.1 and since then my InspireHR won’t sync to the app. I’ve tried turning off Bluetooth, deleting and restarting the app, restarting the device, restarting my phone, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app and nothing works. 

When I got to “add new device” my app is able to find the device, but once it gets to the screen where it says “connecting device” it simply circles forever. Yesterday I let it sit for over an hour, and it never actually connected. Any advice?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73
Thanks. I will call them.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes that’s exactly what mine would do... it would say it found the tracker but couldn’t go beyond that step.

I’m still not getting excited expecting it to crash again!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So i did what you suggested yesterday and only added it back to one device to see whether it would stick and so far it has.  When I re-added the App, I noticed a new update to Fitbit that was released over the weekend- version 3.24 for the iPad.  Many be they fixed the fix.

So far, I’ve loaded it on to iPad 7, iPhone 10 and iPhone 8.  Fingers crossed!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hopefully it will!
I haven’t actually uploaded the new version of fitbit app yet just wanted to see how long it would work with the new IOS only.
Will do in a week or so, I’m still only running the app on one device.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's great to see you here in the forums and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for letting me know about the syncing issues experienced with your Inspire HR, as well for the steps that you've tried. Our team has been informed about these issues experienced after updating to iOS 13.4.1 or above, and they're currently working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, as others have recommended, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Make sure the Fitbit app is updated on your phone.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth on any other Bluetooth nearby.
  3. Go to the Bluetooth settings in your phone, tap the icon next to the Inspire HR and on forget this device.
  4. Then open the Fitbit app and pull down the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. A Bluetooth pair authorization should appear, tap pair. This will re-establish the Bluetooth connection between your Fitbit device and the Fitbit app.

@Fasstreader@pmgoldus and @BillieCat, I'm glad that your Fitbit devices are syncing correctly and I truly appreciate you for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm sure others will find your posts very helpful!

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this - when I tapped on forget this app it went away and now I
can’t find it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You will have to reload everything ie reload the app from scratch.
Mine has started to not sync every now and again but if I turn Bluetooth off it works!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. What a pain !!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @BillieCat @Pepple, thank you for your replies. 

@BillieCat thank you for sharing your solution and tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your time and feedback while we're working to improve your experience. 

@Pepple I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. I totally understand how you are feeling and would like to confirm if you've tried to restart the tracker and follow the rest of the troubleshooting instructions at Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Please let me know your iOS version if the issue persists. 

Looking forward to your response.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes the good news is after shutting down everything and reloading ( numerous times... least 10). It finally seems to have worked, it’s been almost two weeks now which the longest.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fitbit inspire Hr & have tried all the suggested tips in the threads you suggested above- however I haven’t updated my iOS so I’m not sure why my Fitbit won’t sync. Since yesterday the stats kept counting on the watch but won’t show up on my app.

very frustrating as since I’ve had this Fitbit I’ve had nothing but silly issues with it and I’m finding it over rated and wishing I bought a Garmin instead! Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sorry you are having so many problems, been there and it’s so
frustrating.
My last resort suggestion is to call Fitbit, they are super helpful and
want you to be a satisfied consumer. Fitbit has the ability to check out
your device on their end and hopefully come up with a solution for you.

My friend has a Garmin and she has more problems than we would ever want.

Don’t give up, the people at Fitbit will listen and help you.

Good luck 🍀
Best Answer

Starting to be convinced apple screwed something in OS 13. After I went to 14.1 a lot of issues went away. See if the update is available. Then do a full reset of the watch. Hope things worked out after all this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes