Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR won’t sync after iOS 13.4.1 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the iOS on my iPhone 11 to 13.4.1 and since then my InspireHR won’t sync to the app. I’ve tried turning off Bluetooth, deleting and restarting the app, restarting the device, restarting my phone, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app and nothing works. 

When I got to “add new device” my app is able to find the device, but once it gets to the screen where it says “connecting device” it simply circles forever. Yesterday I let it sit for over an hour, and it never actually connected. Any advice?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Didn't work for me either unfortunately! I've tried everything. I just wish the app would sync like normal 😅

Best Answer

I finally was able to get my Alta Fitbit to sync to my iPhone, which hadn't work since the IOS update over the weekend. I had to reboot the Alta (three slow clicks to the button on the USB end of the charger). And then I disconnected the Fitbit from Bluetooth on my iPhone, then reconnected it. That worked. Hope this helps someone!

Best Answer
You absolute rock star. It worked! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all that too, several times & it worked for 1 sync then fails again.

i spoke again to Fitbit support who know acknowledges there is a problem.i was told they are working on the issue & hopefully a Fitbit app update to fix the problem will be available soon.

Best Answer

Same problem as everyone else. Updated iPhone to 13.4.1. On Inspire HR. Followed all the instructions on this forum And it is still not pairing with the Bluetooth. Fitbit user since 2010.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex 2 cannot be found to sync after iOS 13.4.1 update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for the updates. I am sorry for the delayed response.  

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. Our team is actively working on this issue, please keep an eye on the updates here. I appreciate your patience and understanding. Meanwhile, please try a suggestion offered by some users to disconnect the Fitbit device from Bluetooth on the iPhone, and then reconnect it.

@Nitzschia due to recent events affecting our operations, our Support team may need more time to respond. I could see that our Support team got in touch with you already, please keep working with them.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My inspire HR will not sync with my iPhone after I installed an update. I read through the community posts and nothing works

Best Answer
0 Votes

still will not connect

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took Fitbit off iphone and it wouldn’t sync. Then took Bluetooth off and on and now it can’t find Fitbit. 

it did work on my iPad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having a similar issue with my Ionic and bluetooth not recognizing the device and the app saying "Device Not Found". I've noticed that sometimes my device will sync while it's charging when All Day Sync is selected. I usually have to have leave it on the charger about 5 minutes and close the app and then open again. Of course not a permanent fix until the app is fixed, but it might help some of you nearing the 5-day period without a sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Inspire HR and have updated the settings on both my iPhone and iPad running IOS 13.4.1 and the Fitbit won’t even show as a Bluetooth option, let alone record info. Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue .. tried the solution u shared but still it’s not working I am unable to connect after the software update 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in this thread and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this syncing issue. I understand how you're feeling about this.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. I am sorry for any trouble. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

You can confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you !!!
Best Answer

Hopefully it will be sooner rather then later

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, was frustrated because I did all the steps from the tech help. The last thing I did was make sure that my bluetooth had forgotten my Alta HR so it was like starting all over. Then, it would connect and sync! So, maybe try this. Good luck!

Best Answer
It will stop working again after that. It is a Fitbit software issue.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to sync after completely deleting and forgetting the device from my phone then re-adding. Thanks!

Best Answer

I had this problem and tried every troubleshooting suggestion, none worked. Just now, I tried force quiting the app, then going to bluetooth in settings and clicking “forget device” after hitting the “i” next to the Inspire HR in the list of devices. I then turned bluetooth off, waited 10 seconds, turned Bluetooth and then the app back on, and voila! Connection!!! All my data from last several days loaded!

Best Answer