Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR won’t sync after iOS 13.4.1 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the iOS on my iPhone 11 to 13.4.1 and since then my InspireHR won’t sync to the app. I’ve tried turning off Bluetooth, deleting and restarting the app, restarting the device, restarting my phone, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app and nothing works. 

When I got to “add new device” my app is able to find the device, but once it gets to the screen where it says “connecting device” it simply circles forever. Yesterday I let it sit for over an hour, and it never actually connected. Any advice?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Finally!  Thank you, this worked!

Best Answer

It is still not syncing.  It stopped syncing when I updated my phone to 13.4.1. So what should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue and have been through the support team and tried EVERYTHING suggested. I only just bought my Fitbit Inspire HR to upgrade from my old Flex so its pretty disappointing.

Can someone from Fitbit reply and explain what they are actually doing to address this ??

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a new Fitbit app update that seems to work.
Update your app then “forget your Fitbit” & reconnect. Mine has been working since then.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Oh thanks...I was just on community support and they got me to do that and it didn’t help...booo.

I will try again tomorrow so fingers crossed but glad for you !

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was really hoping that the installation of iOS 13.5 and a reinstall of Fitbit app would solve the problem of my InspireHR not syncing properly but it did not. Sometimes the Bluetooth shows it is connected but the app is still “looking” for it. I am ready to give up after 10 years as a Fitbit user. Plus it is a waste to be paying for Premium. So disappointed!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you tell your Bluetooth to forget the device and then reinstall the device? I did all the other steps and this is what finally worked for me. Others have said it would revert back and not sync again, but (cross my fingers) mine is still syncing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks for your response to my post. Your suggestion worked! It took about 15 minutes to sync so it’s a little progress not a complete fix. Good luck with your next sync!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for the updates.  

I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for sharing your experiences and helpful tips. If a workaround to forget the device in Bluetooth settings and then reinstall it, still doesn't resolve things for you, don't worry - our team is prioritizing a fix for it. I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So FitBit is still working on fixing this problem & we can expect an app update soon???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.  This did fix the problem.  That said, it took about 20 minutes to resolve.
Best Answer
Sadly exactly same thing happened again to mine after five days of working. I can’t even face dealing with given the amount of time I have wasted!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Initially, after much frustration, the tips on this forum seemed to finally work. Unfortunately it was a short victory. Sadly, I never know from day to day whether or not my Fitbit will sync. It is beyond frustrating!  It will start to sync and halfway through the line goes from turquoise to red. Does not sync. Oftentimes it cannot find device. The

only way I can get it to sync is to plug it in as if I'm charging it. Isn't that bad for the life of the battery?  
Much luck to everyone that has these issues. Hopefully they will be resolved soon. In the scheme of things, compared to what is going on in our health world this is a minor problem that I have made huge because it is so annoying. 

Thank you to all that have offered help. 
I have always loved Fitbit, now not so much.  

Keep walking!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Couldn’t agree more! I can only sync by using my iPad by shutting iPad down and Bluetooth then it only does it once.
Just got a new update so when have energy go thru the process on the ph again.
I’ve also had Fitbits for over 6 years but v over it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. Our engineers are still working on a fix, as soon as I hear more I will update this thread. Thanks very much for your patience. 

You can check if your app is updated to the latest version by following the steps at How do I update the Fitbit app? 

I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please give us an update?  Despite trying EVERYTHING suggested,  I’ve had nothing but trouble since the latest update. Now the app won’t even connect to the Inspire HR.  I’ve tried on 3 different Apple products and same result.

thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The last solution lasted about 2 days  The Fitbit community has been great, however, it took a phone call to Fitbit to get things back on track after the latest iOS update that messed everything up.  The representative that assisted me was patient, kind and professional.  He sensed my frustration and did not allow me to hang up until he resolved the issue.  The Inspire now syncs without a problem!  Good luck!

Best Answer
After I did all the steps listed by fitbit, I had my iPhone forget the device and then started like it was a new device. I have not had a problem since then (knock on wood!).

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi All,

I have had my HR Inspire syncing for 7 days now....longest it has but don’t want to jinx myself.

I downloaded IOS 13.5.1 ( I had only just received last week). Took Fitbit tracker and App off every device
and went thru the start up process and it finally worked first time. I have just kept it on my phone only (iPhone 7).

A few days ago I got an update for the Fitbit app 3.23.1 but I’m not pushing my luck and just going to ignore.

It was interesting too as my husband had no issues with his Inspire (not HR) but it has dropped off
a few times in the last week but by switching Bluetooth off/on it has automatically re synced.

Hopefully wont be writing again to say its stopped...hope this helps !

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
Thanks. Glad that someone is having better luck. I have done this daily just to get it to sync, but now, it says it’s finding the device, but will not connect to it. Tried iPhone 8, 10, iPad 4 and iPad 7 and no luck.

I’m deleting apps from all devices and will reinstall. I checked and I have IOS 13.5.1, so fingers crossed!
Best Answer
0 Votes