Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Custom food logging (Calories revert to 0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've aware of an issue when entering a custom food, total calories are dictated by whatever the number is for "Calories from fat". If you have 0 calories from fat, you will see 0 Calories. 

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
219 REPLIES 219

My Fitbit will no longer let me add custom foods and add calories. I have to use what I have already to try and make the calories come out right. What can i do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem and it is having a huge impact on how I use my device. Please can we have an urgent update on this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My experience also. Add the new food with various nutritional values but calories revert to “0”.

Bob
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone/computer are you using @Djbaum you have never entered food through the Flex. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What device are you logging your food through. 

I know your not doing this through the Alta HR

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app is up to date and I am having the same issue! I have tried deleting the item and re-adding and I have also tried editing it. Neither is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated to the latest FitBit app version, and when I try to put in a customized food, it won’t save the amount of calories, but does save the rest of the nutrition info. It just makes the calorie amount zero. I have an iPhone XR if that matters for the app. 

Best Answer

Has any one else run into the problem of calories not saving in the customs foods?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me as well. However my husband can add just fine though he’s not using this feature. I even updated to premium because I thought that would help and he had it. I have Phone 10. Wonder if after you have a certain number of foods listed, you can’t add anymore. But this did happen after the last upgrade. 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ShaunmarshNZ  

I agree! I add food via the app but the calories are not calculating.....surely there must be calories intake? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not sure what has happened now but since I posted on here I have lost the decimal point as well as the calories showing zero.
Best Answer

Just lately the food log won’t allow me to enter the correct data. The nutritional values for custom foods are now only only in whole grams and the calories entered then show on the log as 0. Any ideas, have the latest version, closed the app and restarted the phone all to no avail 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure how to log the amount of food I take. As it is always 1 plate I take  for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I put 1 serving. As for snack I put 1 cup or 1/2 cup. I don’t have food scale so can’t tell the measurements.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this issue also and I rely on this a lot to input most of my main meal recipes. I’m also missing my decima point! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know when there will be an update to correct this error on logging custom food? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received an answer that they are working on it. From another comment, I did see that you can log custom items through the website. It’s not as convenient but still allows you to do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

anyone else stil experiencing this? I keep trying to add my custom calories and it keeps going back to zero 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it is still happening. You can go to the website and log there in the mean time. It's less convenient but it allows you to add them. I would recommend using a computer as I found it very difficult to use the website logging on my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone experiencing this? Im trying to add in my calories manually and its just coming up as zero.

Best Answer
0 Votes