Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Custom food logging (Calories revert to 0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've aware of an issue when entering a custom food, total calories are dictated by whatever the number is for "Calories from fat". If you have 0 calories from fat, you will see 0 Calories. 

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
219 REPLIES 219

I’m having the same problem - thought there might be a limit to how many you can add, but clearly there’s a problem! You can delete them though ... in the custom section, swipe the meal to the left and will give you the option to edit or delete (editing still doesn’t work for updating cals though!) 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, when I try to customise food it automatically put my calories at 0 and doesn’t let me fill this in! It is very frustrating. Has this been resolved yet???

Best Answer

Help! Every time I try to input a custom entry on my calories it initially appears as ‘0’. I enter the details (I.e cake) and change the 0 to however many calories it is (say 500). It all appears fine but when I save it to my food log it appears as ‘cake - 0 calories’ and doesn’t count towards my calorie intake for the day. My ‘Pre saved’ calories all seem to work! Help!!!

Best Answer

Hello,

do you know how long it will take to fix this at all? My app is up to date and I’ve tried everything to get it working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

i am experiencing this too. All custom foods log as zero calories. I was in touch with Fitbit support via Twitter and all the same advice - restart phone, reinstall app, turn off Bluetooth etc but none of it works. It’s the most recent software update as only started last week, so wanted to add my voice to try and get this fixed ASAP. Worth tweeting it too to gain attention for the issue.

thanks 

Best Answer

It's taking the value that I added for fat calories and saving it in the calories field. It is also taking the grams value entered and changing it to 1/7 kg.

Best Answer

I enter the calories for a custom food and the value reverts to zero. In addition, the decimal is missing when entering a value.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem too. My charge3 won’t sync either without a lot of messing about putting it in its charger  and restarting it what’s going on? 

Best Answer

me too!    Not only is it reverting to 0 calories after saving; it converted a 9oz portion to 1/2 lb.  

I confirmed charge three has the proper software. My iphone has been updated to the latest release. And my PC computer also was updated.

please advise

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

And @Flutee how are you entering calories? 

Through the app on some type of phone or the web page? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I go to Add a Custom Food, and enter the name, brand, serving size, calories and then additional nutritional info. Then I press Save. When I log the item into my food log, the calories have changed to zero. In addition, I had been able to enter a value with a decimal, but this is no longer an option.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@VCab you entered the food through what? 

Your Flex 2 doesn't have a keyboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Through what device are you entering calories. 

I assume you mean food. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

When I’ve been trying to log custom food, I put the calories in but when I click save it turns to 0 calories. I’ve been doing this for a month and was an issue until a couple of days ago and can’t seem to fix it?

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem free trying the same solutions you all tried as well. I hope we’ll receive soon a notification that everything is fixed, I don’t want to keep proper trace of the calories and macros I’m eating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter and I are both experiencing this. I have noted that if you enter the fat calories also, then the calories shown per serving size after editing are the fat calories entered, not the total calories. Also, if you try to enter weight details for the macros in grams, the decimal point button is missing, so you can only enter whole numbers. These are serious and reproducible bugs that need to be quickly reported to Fitbit tech support. I don’t know how to do that yet, so feel free do this for the user community. Bugs must have arrived with latest update and need to be fixed urgently.

Best Answer

When I try to manually input food I am putting in cals and protein and when you save it the calories disappear!! I have switched off and on and again, deleted the app, turned off blue tooth no joy!

Help!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

also not working for me, hope they fix this soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called support last week to address/report this issue and of course, they cannot give information as to when it will be corrected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I entered through my cell phone.

Ginger

"Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve.
Mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve."

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes