Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Custom food logging (Calories revert to 0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've aware of an issue when entering a custom food, total calories are dictated by whatever the number is for "Calories from fat". If you have 0 calories from fat, you will see 0 Calories. 

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
219 REPLIES 219

The exact same thing is happening to me.  When entering a new food on the app, I cannot get it to save the calorie count for the serving, no matter how many times I re-enter it.  This is seriously annoying.  Why won't it take the calorie count?  I have to log in on my computer and go to my custom food list and fix it that way before it will count.  Please fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marelco as mentioned this is known problem that is being looked into, for now you we suggest using the web interface. 

Best Answer
The web face does not work either!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I give up, but still logging my daily meals for my own purpose.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 and the problem et when I enter my calories in the App on my IPhone.  everything I add up myself is going back to zero even if I have all the details about the product. When it’s going to zero, I can delete it ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update on this?  It’s been over a week since the first case was reported and it’s very much affecting my use of the Fitbit 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had a reply from FitBit saying they are working on fixing the problem

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I tried a recipe yesterday and it was still not working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No results but I posted a suggestion. Hope it cd be done 🙏🏽
Best Answer

We know that Fitbit is looking into this @Nunul. care to post a link to the suggestion? 

Best Answer
I’m not sure if I understand what you mean ? Where can I put my message in suggestion? I’m not that used with fitbit community...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, took on board what you had posted. To call calories from fat you take the fat grams and multiply by 9. However if you add that value to the cals from fat with calories also filled in it will revert to the total cals being the value you put in cals from fat. However if you put in total cals from fat as the value of the total cals not only will it keep the total cals value but the cals from fat on the dashboard updates correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, I have not had any updates. Honestly, not quite sure how
they will update everyone once it is fixed? Maybe, someone from Fitbit
will respond with an update hint, hint. ")
This is a *huge problem* if one cannot add the total grams for the total
calories of homemade recipes!! This makes a huge difference to keeping the
weight off and making healthy lifestyle changes! In addition, if one makes
a meal they need to allow for more than 500 grams-I make large recipe
amounts for a family not just me!! Let us just put in the number, vs.
clicking a so many times to get large amounts like 1K or 2K.
It used to let me do this, now I cannot customize anything!!
This is a huge nuisance for those attempts to track and enter their foods.

Please fix it already!
Best Answer
I agree a huge nuisance and I’m not happy with the customer service response person who gives clipped answers.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@MJK06 I would be patient and use the web interface for now. 

@Memnock your subscribed to this thread and will receive all updates posted by the moderators. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can not create custom food.

It will not save the calories amount.

Always 0 calories.
I know everyone seems to be having problems..please fix ty

Best Answer

Hello,

Do you know how long this is expected to take. I’ve been in touch with Fitbit Support by way of twitter and they’re also as unhelpful. The reply is be patient we are trying to fix this. 

Currently the issues surrounding the Fitbit means that it is not fit for purpose and it has now been weeks since this had happened.

I am extremely unimpressed in how long it is taking to resolve this issue. 

Best Answer

I've only been on this community since 2013, I've my remember Fitbit releasing a date for a fix once, and like Microsoft Fitbit missed the date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

“Fit for purpose?” You must have a background in ITIL 😊
--
Thanks,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes