Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Custom food logging (Calories revert to 0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've aware of an issue when entering a custom food, total calories are dictated by whatever the number is for "Calories from fat". If you have 0 calories from fat, you will see 0 Calories. 

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
219 REPLIES 219

I assume your app is on an iOS device and will move your question to the current thread in iOS on this issue. 

Best Answer

I didn’t see an answer. I’m having the same issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Apple Watch and I can’t find a user friendly food and calorie counter function. Literally the only reason I hold onto my Fitbit is because of how convenient that part of it is. And the sleep tracker on Apple is **ahem**. You have to manually start it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Look at the first response on page one of this thread for your answer. I moved your post here so that you will get updates. 

Best Answer

The custom food log in is not user friendly.

if someone post a custom food in a day, there should be a date and if someone makes a mistake, it should be able to be edited.

Also the calories intake are 0, no matter how much food one takes.

To me this custom food log in is like a diary nothing to do with your healthy eating 🤔

i am using Inspire HR on iphone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nunul as mentioned above, Fitbit is aware of the zero calories. 

As for the logging, their may already be a suggestion. Why not do a search and add your vote? 

Best Answer
Hello,

Is Fitbit working on fixing the zero calorie problem? I used a lot of recipes. I’d like to have an accurate count. I’m not seeing a solution. Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yes they are. The question is, have they found the reason? 

The temporary fix, as mentioned above, is to use the Web interface

Best Answer
Disregard. I missed the first email explaining it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, this is extremely frustrating.  I cannot customize any of my foods with the calories! I usually make my own recipes and I add the Total Grams of 854g and Total Calories of 560, then if I eat say 200 grams my calories would be calculated.  I don't like to use servings as it is not as precise.

THIS IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE! 

• The total calories of 560 reverts to 0,
  • I can no longer add recipes that have more than 500 grams, because the quantity is fixed at 500 grams.
  • This means I cannot add homemade recipes if the total grams are more than 500!

This must be fixed ASAP, it is same situation as with the app as on the website.

Very disappointed!!

Anyone know of another calculator that will allow me to do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ENFRANCE2015 please the above posts. It is very possible to add customize food. As mentioned this can be done through the web

Best Answer
The web did not work.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi how much longer will this issue of zero calories when saving a custom food & no decimal point in the digits of custom food go on before a fix is released? I have iPhone 7 Plus software up to date & Charge3 up to date but still this issue ongoing. I can’t log many items in diary as I live in NZ and have to use the Australian items to log, so many of my items need custom saving. Please advise ASAP thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ENFRANCE2015 I agree the web doesn't work. Too complicated, not simple, straight forward system. Sad 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When entering foods, in addition of new food under create, I can’t get the calories to log. It worked in the beginning but not since 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Carohep your on the hardware board, asking a software question about the Fitbit app on an unknown phone. I will assume you have an iOS device and will move your post to the current thread on this divine t so you will get updates. 

Best Answer

Any update on when this will be fixed? It’s been about a week since you posted this and about two weeks since I contacted Fitbit via chat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on when this will be fixed? It’s been about a week since you posted this and about two weeks since I contacted Fitbit via chat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same problem ! It’s been happily adding the calories for 2 years then in the last few weeks calories only showing zero 🤨

Best Answer
0 Votes
I find it’s long to get fixed 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes