Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Custom food logging (Calories revert to 0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've aware of an issue when entering a custom food, total calories are dictated by whatever the number is for "Calories from fat". If you have 0 calories from fat, you will see 0 Calories. 

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
219 REPLIES 219

This seems to be a known bug that Fitbit are looking into. Keep an eye on the following thread where they are posting updates:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-Custom-food-logging-Calories-revert-to-0/m-p/417...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Food and calories through the Fitbit app. It appears to be an issue as my wife can’t enter any either without it defaulting to 0

Best Answer

Their are 4 different versions of the fiitbit app for four different platforms. Which phones are r Fitbit apps on @RickM63 

Also have you tried adding food through the web? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke to an agent a week ago about the calories remaining at 0 when adding a custom food. How long is this going to take to resolve? Kind of defeats the point of this app without being able to track food...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep an eye on the following thread where Fitbit are posting updates on this issue:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-Custom-food-logging-Calories-revert-to-0/m-p/417...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks ✌️

Best Answer
0 Votes

How come every time I go to make a custom food it won’t allow me to put calories in, it automatically makes it zero? Even if I go to edit a custom food I made a long time ago to update the calories it will just zero then out? Never had this problem before till about a month ago.

Best Answer

@DogWalker769 I assume your entering food through an iOS app and not your Fitbit One. 

This is a known issue, see above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate,

Are you also looking into the other issues when logging custom foods regarding decimal places, and not being able to use them in the iOS App anymore?? I am having to use the desktop version to log any new or custom foods which is quite frustrating.

Many Thanks,

Freddie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I'm experiencing the exact same issues.

iOS 13.3.1 -- entering custom food: calories entered revert to 0 upon saving. Decimals not allowed in any numerical value field

Win10 -- calories for custom food will save. Decimals not allowed in any numerical value field.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are traditionally not responsive to complaints. I get it that they may be down people now due to pandemic but it’s never a good response when there’s a glitch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any real estimation, other than just “soon,” when this problem will be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Tried everything to fix it but nothing so far...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like you can create a new food on the Fitbit website and add calories, no problem. It then shows up in the app.  A bit cumbersome but with everyone at home maybe we all have more time on our hands to fill.......

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s getting long to get fixed ...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Is it possible to see the custom food I entered daily in a complete chart? e.g custom food I entered on Monday from Breakfast to Dinner? This is because I forgot or may not remember if I have entered my custom food for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack etc.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been resolved yet???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BryonySheard Not yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant add any calories on my phone app. I was able to add them on the computer, but now I am not able to even do that I talked to customer support two weeks ago and they said they were working on it. TWO WEEKS? They should have it fixed now. I think Im going to swicth to Apple. This has happened way too many times. Anyone else have this trouble?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So temporary fix is to log total calories in the total calories from fat tab also then??  

Best Answer
0 Votes