Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New app dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everyone should now be transitioned onto the new Fitbit app experience. With this new design, we've created a space that is more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized.

We hope you enjoy using this new dashboard and interface for all your Fitbit needs and with more to come. For any issues using the new interface, for examples bugs you come across, we'd like for you to leave comments in this thread. 

Please only report bugs or issues with using the app. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

Thank you so much for that link. I feel like if every one of us who is frustrated calls customer service or come together to really voice our opinion perhaps they will turn back the new update. I feel like our voices are not being heard  through this blog,  but perhaps through your link that will give us more leverage.

Fitbit has a long history of poor customer service  and this might be the beginning of the end of Fitbit. 

Best Answer

with all due respect I don’t know how you can honestly support this new app. How can you say that it is highly personalized;it is not even syncing with the trackers. It is not sleek;it’s because you removed everything. Having something just plain and white is not sleek it’s going cheap. Your company really needs to read these blogs.  Your customer service has such a poor Reputation. I would actually be very embarrassed working for Fitbit. Going cheap, thinking in the long run, you’ll make more money isn’t going to work for this. People take their trackers very seriously. 

Best Answer

I noticed that on yesterday’s update they added “calories remaining” back that they had previously removed. So, someone is listening, they’re just not talking to us. If they can fix that they can fix the whole dashboard. Please, give us the rest of our old dashboard back. 

Best Answer

Hi Kate:

I've tried to give the new interface a fair evaluation by spending a week with it. My takeaways are that it is uneven.

The steps backwards are:
1) loss of an easily viewable average sleep during the current week is a *huge* step backwards, since I regularly used it to encourage naps/earlier bedtimes when I fell too low. (Tip, if I shut down the application, then restart it, it'll very temporarily flash the number, so it isn't gone, it's just harder to access, requiring extra clicks on my part).
2) not permitting us to customize the interface.  For example, I want to see my personal statistics much more than I want to see virtual races. While I preferred the old interface where they were on different tabs, it would be much less of an issue on the current one if I could move the virtual races to the bottom so I can easily access the information I'm actually interested in seeing frequently.
3) Given how little real estate there is on a phone, I'd go back to something like the old interface where we could have two icons per row, rather than a single one, with lots of wasted white space.)

I'm still playing with the sleep score, and haven't 100% gotten used to it.  At this point, I'm not buying premium to get access to the information which breaks the information up into subcomponents. Those sound like they may be more helpful. At this point, I'm not yet seeing a high correlation between days when I feel more tired and nights when I got a lower score.  However, we're talking about a week's worth of data, during which I had two "fair" sleep nights, one of which was followed by a day when I felt drained, and another one when I didn't.  I'd like to see a few weeks more data before I finish deciding how helpful it is.  However, the *idea* is very good, and if it ends up needing a bit more tweaking, that's understandable.

For the record, I'm confused by people upthread who said that they aren't seeing the heartbeat any longer.  I'm definitely getting a heart beat on the app.

Best Answer

I see the heartbeat too.  I believe all day sync has to be enabled for the heartbeat to work.  

I'm confused with the sleep score too.  That is one of my factors that is really hard to control, but it looks like it is just time slept.

Best Answer

I hate This new interface. It’s awful. Wtf has FitBit done. I love Apple do my next wearable fitness tracker will be an iWatch. 

Best Answer

I too am frustrated by the design updates which do not seem rooted in user behavior. Here are a few examples:

1) The most prominent thing on the dashboard is the bright red heart icon, but the boldness of this color doesn’t actually communicate anything helpful because it’s always that color no matter what my heartbeat is. It draws my eye there for no reason.

2) There used to be a super clear graphic for how close I was to hitting my calorie goal. Now, it looks like everything else on the dashboard. It’s green for no reason, even if I go over my calorie goal for the day it remains green. The old graphic showed me clearly when I had gone over.

3) The old tiles with the big graphics were just easier to scan quickly. Now everything looks the same. The main distinguishing factor btwn elements is color, but the color doesn’t mean anything!

4) All the font sizes are very similar which makes the hierarchy confusing

5) I miss the celebration when I hit my step goal!

6) Why is my number 1 “today item” displayed over the main activity section? Hard to know where to look first.

I love you fitbit. I used to use your old app as design inspiration. I thought it was so well done. This update feels like a step backwards. I would feel better if it was necessary for some technical reason bc it really irks me when big design changes are made without a clear benefit to the user. You must have used tested this... did people like it?

Best Answer

Instead of seeing the average number of hours I slept a week or day on the sleep list I am now getting a much less helpful Sleep Score. Is there any way I can opt in settings to show actual sleep time instead of the Sleep Score. I also found the Sleep Scores are not always consistent with number of hours slept.  In sum, I'd like to see actual hours slept NOT a Sleep Score. Thanks

Best Answer

KATE - 

FitBit user since 2010 here. I’ve seen many changes, this one is terrible. If FitBit is to survive in a competitive market PLEASE LISTEN TO THE FITBIT USERS. 

I’M A HUGE FITBIT FAN but recently I’m seeing a MASS EXODUS in favor of Apple, Garmin, Android Wear. Have someone check the numbers on this. 

There are many issues with the recent changes - these are the biggest for me.

PLEASE ALSO LISTEN and ACT UPON the other VALID INPUT.  

CHALLENGES REDUCED FROM 10 to 5

The social aspect is what sets FitBit apart from other trackers, I use Garmin also. This is what keeps me & many others with FitBit, the friends we’ve made here. BIG MISTAKE NOT TO KEEP THE SOCIAL ASPECT A PRIORITY. 

CAN NO LONGER MESSAGE FRIENDS since the app update. Surely a temporary glitch that is receiving priority. 

CAN NO LONGER INVITE FRIENDS TO CHALLENGES - A new challenge can be set up but friends do not show on the list of people to invite. They do show on the friends list. Have been doing the same GOAL DAY challenge with the same people for 5+ years - now suddenly CAN NOT. We consider this a BIG DEAL.  Are people being MADE UNAVAILABLE for new invites because they are already in 5 challenges?? IF THIS IS THE CASE let the people see invites & decide for themselves which challenges to be in. 

Can NO longer use SNEAK PEEK after receiving an invite to see if your friends are in this challenge.

Can NO longer REMATCH a finished challenge. This option is simply GONE.  

I SINCERELY HOPE FITBIT CAN CONTINUE  FOCUS ON THE COMMUNITY, bringing together FitBit users WORLDWIDE. This is what has SET FITBIT APART.

I really, really want to remain a fan, it will soon be a DECADE I’ve been with FITBIT. 

Best Answer

5 Sept 2019:

I have a Flex 2 and a Galaxy S5 Android OS version 6.0.1 -

Since the app update in late August 2019, my Flex 2 behaves behaves erratically. My Flex 2 is having trouble syncing to my phone and randomly discharges in the middle of the day. I have tried:

1- restarting the Fitbit App

2- turning off some push notices

2- Force Quitting the Fitbit App (It will not comply)

3- turning bluetooth off and on - now my phone's bluetooth cannot find the flex 2

4-reacquiring the bluetooth capability from within the Fitbit app itself (still does not show on my bluetooth pairings, BUT will sometimes sync this way - weird?)

5-restarting my phone, including a battery removal.

None of these solutions remains constant.

My Flex 2 worked perfectly until the day that the app was mandatory. I did not do the early accept rollout option.

It seems that something is incompatible with the Flex 2 and the new app. I am not interested in a new Fitbit. None of the new ones are streamline/minimal like the Flex 2.

Please Advise,

Thanks, J

Best Answer

Where, how do you configure silent alarm settings in the app?  I’ve spent more than a reasonable amount of time searching every menu in the app and haven’t been able to find it.  I’m quite savvy when it comes to technology and software development is my profession.  So not being able to find this within the app is extremely frustrating...to put it mildly.

Versa
iOS
Best Answer

You know it’s got to be pretty pathetic when Fitbit support won’t even respond to any online questions via Twitter AND then they have the nerve to send a rating survey wanting to know how they did.  

Best Answer

Start called them out on public forums.  They don’t like.  The wizards running the program aren’t reading  comments on these boards.  Heck, even the moderators don’t respond.

Best Answer

@Chubasco  

Tap your icon, upper left corner

select your device on the profile page. 

Alarms should be there. 

Good luck! 

Best Answer

The Fitbit app is getting slammed in the App Store ratings. And it has fallen to #6 in the Apple App Store for fitness apps.  

They are also getting slammed on social media. Rightly so. They’ve ruined the user experience. 

Best Answer

@Rose_M , thanks Rose but it is not there for me.   Assuming I’m experiencing a bug.  Posted screenshots, in post linked below, of the menu where I’m pretty sure the alarm settings should be.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Cannot-access-silent-alarm-settings-in-newest-version-of-app...

Versa
iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

EXACTLY!! :hundred_points: 

Best Answer
Just to let you know, the moderators are reading the blog posts. I know this because I just got a private message from one of them telling me that they’re removing my last post. I think that makes it worse that they’re hearing and reading Our frustrations and nothing is being done.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

😂

Best Answer

What was your post about that they deleted it?

Best Answer
0 Votes