Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New app dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everyone should now be transitioned onto the new Fitbit app experience. With this new design, we've created a space that is more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized.

We hope you enjoy using this new dashboard and interface for all your Fitbit needs and with more to come. For any issues using the new interface, for examples bugs you come across, we'd like for you to leave comments in this thread. 

Please only report bugs or issues with using the app. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

This is officially the sixth way I’ve tried to get in touch with someone about projected calories. Some seem to have it, while others do not. I apologize in advance for the “can I speak to the manager” attitude but here and twitter are the only places to get in touch with someone and apparently no one actually monitors them. Will projected calories be coming back or should I look into alternative trackers?

Best Answer

Yep, I’m going through the same situation. There is suppose to be a + button to push for the alarm but there is none. What’s funny is that FitBit stated that they fixed all the bugs

Best Answer

@Chubasco 

i checked out your other posts and completely agree that that is where the alarm toggle should be. 

I'm sorry to learn it is a deeper glitch...but not surprised. Smh 

@Emmaleeak look. For. Another. Tracker. 

Fitbits track record for listening to their customers is abominable. This update that was forced upon us is just the ultimate proof. 

Best Answer

Sorry Fitbit. I have an Iphone XS and the new update does not work. Tiles are there but you cannot start challenges from the Discover button because it claims you have already reached your maximum active challenge limit (whatever that means) which is not true. Trying to start challenges through my profile is worse! The Invite Friends list that pops up when you want to start a challenge shows only a handful of my FB friends even though they appear on my profile Friends List. Everyday, more people disappear from the Invite Friends list! 

This appears to be widespread as many of my FB friends are posting that they experience the same problems. Since Fitbit did not give us a choice to opt out of the new upgrade which is crashing and burning, I expect that Fitbit should have reacted much sooner to the slew of complaints that I am sure you must have been receiving. You do not provide time table as to when you think this will be fixed and simply saying you are aware and working on a solution, makes me wonder how you supposedly tested this upgrade before rolling it out to all current users. 

Confidence in your ability to react quickly to resolve these issues have eroded on my part and I am now seriously looking at the Apple Watch since you have taken away my FB community.

Thanks alot Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have nothing good to say about the “updated” dashboard. The overall look actually seems quite outdated. Very bland and boring, there’s nothing cool and exciting about it. Don’t even get me started on how much slower it is. The previous dashboard was much more user friendly and I think it had more of a modern look to it. Seems to me like this new look is taking steps backwards rather than forward. I was 100x happier with the old dashboard. Can we bring it back? Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi EdBlanco - 

Just another FitBit user here. 

You should be able to swipe left on the daily sleep score chart to see hourly charts. Tap the chart to enlarge & you can view averages for different time frames. 

The sleep score score may not correspond to hours of sleep because it takes in to account quality. If you had the same 8 hours sleep for 2 nights but one had an hour of deep sleep, the other multiple awakenings & 15 minutes deep sleep....the first scenario will have a higher sleep score. 

Hope this helps. I’m using iOS version, don’t know about Android. 

Best Answer

@lilbitcounts2  Thanks, that's helpful to know how to see the averages.  Of all the posts on the subject, you're the first person I've seen point that out.  Horrible UI changes with this update.  

The problem with the sleep score is that nobody knows how it's calculated, so as far as the user is concerned, it's a random number that's not correlated to any particular behavior or any sort of scientific evidence.

Best Answer

I've gave it some time, it's ridicules. As Walkman says was simple and user friendly. New format won't sync properly and challenges are very hard to use. I've not been in the community for a couple years but had to come back for this.

Best Answer

Your welcome GREG. 

I’ve used other devices over the years that had a sleep score component. 

There’s surely an algorithm but basically uninterrupted sleep with a generous amount of deep sleep will score higher. 

I find it helpful when some days I sleep a long time but sooo tired. Other times sleep is short but I feel good. A quick look at the score gives great insight at a glance. If it’s low I can dig deeper. If it’s higher maybe the fatigue is not sleep related....perhaps diet or just need a rest day from exercise. 

So yes, it’s a very useful indicator that factors in SLEEP QUALITY AS WELL AS TIME SLEPT. 

HAPPY STEPPING and SLEEPING. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blog had suggested different consumer protection options. I was sent a private message from the moderator saying that I cannot offer different ways that our voice could be heard. The bottom line is the moderators have no control anyway so their hands are tied. Most marketing strategies will see how much they can push the consumer before the consumer pushes back.

Best Answer

There are at least two issues with the User Experience in the new app :

• Time to get moving display is less clear regarding which hour is current and whether current hour is completed. I'm forced to look at the detail display to get this information now. 
  • Sleep score is presented as default display rather than sleep time. As a former clinician, I find the prominent display of an artificially derived score over actual data to be an issue. If you have used a research based standard sleep score here, please provide information regarding the reliability and validity studies for the score so we can have some confidence in the score and understanding of its meaning.
  • Thank you for percent display on battery remaining.
  • I prefer tiles to the new presentation.
Best Answer

I found the new app/dashboard runs significantly slower on my phone now. When trying to input calories the app often does not load results or pull data when I select the food item I want. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hello @Emmaleeak 

Here is how you get the projected calories to show on your Fitbit App. Open your Fitbit app and tap your profile picture at upper left. Scroll down to Nutrition and Body Goals and tap that. Now look to the top of the screen...do you have a deficit set for yourself next to the word Food? If not add a deficit number (calories you want to cut each day) If you did have deficit number try to change it just a bit to toggle the app. My theory here is that if you don’t have an assigned deficit then it can’t predict calories left for the day. 😃 

Best Answer

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD YOU ARE AN ANGEL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Emmaleeak 

Im happy you now have a solution to your issue. 😃 Happy Stepping 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This isn’t about projecting calories or anything. I am simply trying to
enter my food and beverage to track my calories. Whether scanning a bar
code or searching within the loaded food options the app freezes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry @pwc822 i was responding to @Emmaleeak 

@pwc822 Are you having trouble trying to enter your food and beverages only on the Dashboard or on your Fitbit App as well? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JobberHead 

If I understand your post correctly it appears like you are trying to find your alarm on the Fitbit Dashboard. If that is correct I believe I can help you. Open your Fitbit Dashboard and tap the “gear wheel” in the upper right corner of your screen. Then tap the name of your Fitbit Band in the drop view menu. Once you do that look to the right of your screen and you will see “Alarms” listed here. I hope this is what you were asking and I hope it resolves your issue. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re doing great things here MEGABITE helping people - helping FitBit. MANY THANKS. 

I’m PLEASED TO REPORT all my prior issues have been RESOLVED QUICKLY. 

THANKS FITBIT & FAMILY for all your HARD WORK, listening & RESPONDING. 

So folks if your having issues let them know & have patience. There’s lots of us FitBit fans out there. FitBit works hard to make us happy healthy steppers 🙂

Best Answer
What are these replies on? This has nothing to do with an alarm and no
solution was found. The app simply has a bug that causes it to now freeze
when entering in calorie information.
Best Answer
0 Votes