Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New app dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everyone should now be transitioned onto the new Fitbit app experience. With this new design, we've created a space that is more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized.

We hope you enjoy using this new dashboard and interface for all your Fitbit needs and with more to come. For any issues using the new interface, for examples bugs you come across, we'd like for you to leave comments in this thread. 

Please only report bugs or issues with using the app. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

Unfortunately, no. The problem is there is nothing too push. It’s not there. I’ve tried everything conceivable. I appreciate the help but I’ve just given up at this point and plan on getting an Apple Watch 

Best Answer

Oh wow @JobberHead 

Sorry to see you go. I’m sure your Fitbit Family will miss you. But I understand your decision if your current Fitbit is not meeting your need. Good Luck to you. 

Best Answer

I agree with you about the frustration level. I’m going tomorrow to get an Apple Watch as well. 

Best Answer

Charging $10 a month?? That's a new low for Fitbit!
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@Licomazz Here’s the thing. They don’t really care about you, me or any existing Fitbit user if they don’t subscribe to the new premium service. Right now we are just costing them money with our pesky legacy devices, support tickets and hardware replacements under warranty. 

Their business model is dependent upon getting rid of us “freeloaders” who aren’t paying our monthly freight.  I foresee this process getting more painful until they shed our burden entirely. 

Best Answer

@greghei1 wrote:

@Licomazz Here’s the thing. They don’t really care about you, me or any existing Fitbit user if they don’t subscribe to the new premium service. Right now we are just costing them money with our pesky legacy devices, support tickets and hardware replacements under warranty. 

Their business model is dependent upon getting rid of us “freeloaders” who aren’t paying our monthly freight.  I foresee this process getting more painful until they shed our burden entirely. 

It would seem that their most likely customers for the paid service would be - people who already currently own Fitbit devices. So it's borderline insane for them to crash the existing app - it sure makes me think that the "Premium Service" is going to be garbage.

Plus, I'm now happy to provide them with negative advertising - I'll tell anyone who asks me that they should buy something else.

It's such a shame because they had a great product before trashing it.

Best Answer

But paying $10 a month is not worth it. That's $120 a year. Some people
won't be able to afford it. Besides the Apple Watch will work with other
apps that area free. Not a good move for Fitbit
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I could not have said that better, especially about the legacy devices. I never realized how addicted I was to my Fitbit. I’m just aggravated that I spent so much time calling them and working with the tech as a Robo call. They knew it wasn’t going to work; they just tried to appease me. I’ve been a customer for the past nine years.
I hope other people read your post.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

FitBit user since 2010. 

Overall experience EXCELLENT. 

Glitches, growing pains, tech issues over the years - yes at times. Customer service has been & continues to be excellent. 

PATIENCE in a generous amount here & there....YES that’s been really HELPFUL. 

PREMIUM? - In the early days FitBit had a Premium option, more services for a fee. Worth it to some. Same thing with the new roll out of Premium. An option for additional services for a fee if you want. LOOKING FORWARD to see what is offered.

MANY THANKS FITBIT FOLKS (employees & FitBit friends both) you’ve kept me stepping thru brain surgery for a brain tumor and then thru breast cancer. 

NOT DETERRED by a few speed bumps here.....KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK FITBIT inspiring healthy lifestyles. 

KEEP STEPPING - be kind 😉

Best Answer

PREMIUM -

Here’s the full press release

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190828005433/en/

Looks like A LOT of cool stuff that’s HELPFUL for a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. 

PRICE - $80 Annually = $6.67 a month 

HEALTH IS AN EXCELLENT INVESTMENT 

Looks like fantastic added services for a fee, if you want. Otherwise keep stepping with the great free version. 

Time will tell.....LOOKING FORWARD to CHECKING IT OUT!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so disappointed with the new FitBit app. No way am I going To pay for anything related to it. I’m going delete my FitBit app and wear out my FitBit Ionic. and then buy the iWatch. Much cooler all around with the user friendly fun Apple app etc. Family of five and we’ve been with FitBit for 7 years. Done. 

Best Answer

Agree with you both. We are are moving away from FitBit. 

Best Answer

Yep my daughter already jumped over to Apple iWatch. Loves it and the loves the app. 

Best Answer

Hi @lilbitcounts2 -

To each their own; and you sound like a happy person. Which is awesome!

My expectation is a bit different. I feel like I had a plumber who used to do an excellent job, but then they hired some new goofball who completely screwed things up, and did a bunch of really amateur work that basically just ruined a perfectly good thing. Then, they said "Hey! For another $10 a month, our new goofball has some REALLY fun things to show you! Of course, for free you can always stick with their work for now!".

Why should I imagine that "Premium", presented by the current design/development team, is going to be any better than the sad, broken thing they are delivering right now? If they had kept the old App and taken this path, I might check it out; but the fact that they chose to break it first is not an encouraging sign!

Best Answer

@lilbitcounts2 

great free version”

Where do do you download that version?

Best Answer

Hi greghei1

The free version is the one we all use now. No where have I read that existing app data will be diminished. But they do have interesting additions with Premium if those things are of interest. 

Theres a a bit more info in my reply to ChasBfit.  Also a link to the official press release. 

I really think its all going to be good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lilbitcounts2 Sorry, sometimes my sarcasm doesn’t translate well in writing. 

My point was that I (and quite a few other people here) would strongly disagree with your assessment that the latest version is great.

In general, degrading existing functionality (moving average sleep time) to make way for a scientifically useless “score” that can’t be understood unless you pay $10 a month, requiring extra steps to do the same basic function (setting silent alarms), etc., is the opposite of “great.”  Looking at the paid version, as described in the press release, I see nothing of usefulness to me. 

I’m glad that you like the new version, but I honestly don’t see how this is an improvement at all.

Best Answer
That all sounds fabulous doesn’t it. HOWEVER, My Fitbit DOES NOT SYNC. So that is NOT HELPING me healthwise.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Greghei1 -

Actually I miss the “tiles” in the old version also. Perhaps there’s a reason that will make better sense later. Time will tell. 

I find the sleep score helpful as is, no extra fee. I previously used a device that had this tho so have some familiarity with what has impact. 

Have you ever slept a shorter time but felt good -or- conversely slept a long time and woke up sooo tired. This may be the quality of sleep which the sleep score factors in. Such as tossing & turning all night -v- a lot of deep sleep. 

FitBit has an article here on the new Sleep Score - https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2439#calculated

The alarms I set from the Ionic, so that change I didn’t notice. FitBit does listen, perhaps they’ll fix it back.  

The main thing I enjoy with FitBit is the huge worldwide community of encouraging & fun people making health a priority. The competitors don’t have that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love your use of the word rage as that is also how I feel about this new design.   I now use my Fitbit LESS than I did before because of frustration and anger with a forced design change that does not meet my needs. I will also reiterate what others have said about it being hard to read and too small. 

I have started my search for a new device after being told there is no going back to the old design. I have also considered “going back” to a time when I didn’t use a device at all.  Wondering if that would actually be more healthy and less stressful than this experience. 

Best Answer